Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 217 posts
  • 104 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Baiter
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What's your relationship status?”

• Relationship. >5 year 31 votes
      13%
    • Married 154 votes
      66%
    • Relationship + 5 years 16 votes
      7%
    • Single 32 votes
      14%

(233 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Nadeen-SNL-B.jpg
    Nadeen_SNL.jpg
    angry_girlfriend.JPG
    blondetall_pic.jpg
    image.jpg
    aintnobodygottimefodat.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 217 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
    #51 11 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

Start the make-out session and then when things are getting hot and heavy you go "hey remember that little idea I had with the rodeo clown and the trampoline...?"

Quoted from sammiesguys:

This is the thread of the week. It's got something for everyone. Romance. Wise advice, and not just relationship advice. But advice that can apply to all aspects of life. Along with a slight hint of humor.
    Great thread!

And it also has rodeo clown / trampoline fetishes. Can have a thread of the week without one of thoes!

#52 11 years ago

You should buy yourself a AFM and give her ATM !

#53 11 years ago

Bang her mom, then ditch the bitch....

Without the expense of her around, you can buy like 10 more machines in short order...

And no more nagging... Win, win, win... WINNING !

#54 11 years ago
    Quoted from DrStarkweather:

I dunno man, after 20 years these pinball machines still look damn good. Can you say the same about the girlfriend?

#55 11 years ago

Sounds like you need better pot.... She doesn't sound mellow enough...

#56 11 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Where in the Great NW I don't think the pot gets any better !

#57 11 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Just a different strain

In all honesty if you think she is a long term thing then you may want to start either rethinking her or your hobbies. I know this is easy to say from a guy who gets joyful texts from his wife when a package arrives because she is pumped to see what new pinball parts showed up.

GLWKHTTC

#58 11 years ago

My wife gets pissed when I'm not working on my hobbies. My hobbies make me happy, which in turn makes her happy.
    I've seen too many pals give up everything they love because a girl got jealous of a hobby. They always regret it eventually.

#59 11 years ago

Solid, solid advice in this thread.

Find a compromise you are happy with or punt!

#60 11 years ago

I sprung pinball and arcade games on my wife after we were married. She let's me collect and sometimes complains, but nothing major. If I was in your situation, I'd make sure the girlfriend understood that pins would be a part of your life for a long time and that they would be taken into consideration when shopping for houses, etc. before she becomes your wife.

#61 11 years ago
    Quoted from GWalton:

My wife gets pissed when I'm not working on my hobbies. My hobbies make me happy, which in turn makes her happy.

I know exactly what you mean. My lady is the same way.

#62 11 years ago

I was going to suggest getting a new girl before opening this topic....my suggestion still stands after reading!

#63 11 years ago

People are confusing Pinball itself vs the barrage of boxes. My wife gets a bit worked up because yeah, every other day a package arrives.
    She loves me, loves that I love pinball but she still wonders why I have a purchase showing up every other day.
    The real problem here in my opinion is Pinball Life. It is clearly impossible to not order something and then a day later realize you should have ordered something else...and then it happens again and again.
    Its their fault!

#64 11 years ago

That's exactly why I haven't put in my pinball parts order yet. As soon as I do, the next day something else will mess up or I'll remember the one thing I was actually supposed to get and forgot.

#65 11 years ago

HaHa. As soon as she can make her own money she'll be long gone. With at least half your stuff to if you are married by then or lived together too many years. ( common law is seven years I believe ).

If she isn't carrying her own weight now, you are in for a world of hurt.

LTG : )

Lloyd, I think this is the first time I have ever seen you take a negative stance on anything. LOL
    Howie

#66 11 years ago
    Quoted from Iamdarras:

She calls me pissed becouse I just got more packages in for my pinball stuff. I pay the bills, I make the money, and I buy my pinball goodies. What gives she? I think she is just jelley of my love for pinball. I love her but man she needs a hobbie....(pot smoking is not a hobbie)

I get 4-5 packages every day. If you're paying the bills and working for the money and not even married I think you should just tell her this is how it is and to deal with it.

#67 11 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

Lloyd, I think this is the first time I have ever seen you take a negative stance on anything. LOL
    Howie

It isn't negative. It's fact. I've seen it time and time again through the years when friends or sons of friends get in these situations and what the outcome was.

You young guys posting here. Buy a house now and give it away to a perfect stranger. That way you'll already have that one out of your system.

LTG : )

#68 11 years ago

bah, if she smokes that much pot, she'll forget each delivery and every one should seem new.

#69 11 years ago
    Quoted from Iamdarras:

She calls me pissed becouse I just got more packages in for my pinball stuff. I pay the bills, I make the money, and I buy my pinball goodies. What gives she? I think she is just jelley of my love for pinball. I love her but man she needs a hobbie....(pot smoking is not a hobbie)

You get what you will tolerate, I dumped my nag for a thoroughbred and never looked back.

#70 11 years ago
    Quoted from Scuba_Steve:

Is that a hint of sarcasm I sense from you?

She's setting up a sale for "relationship enhancement devices." Hey, speaking of hobbies I think we just stumbled on a possibility.

#71 11 years ago

i feel your pain..
    if you love her keep her, if you don't, dump her

#72 11 years ago

start to go out (alone) with your friends every nights for a month and if she is pissed remind her when you we're home with the pinballs.

you pay for everything and she complains... oh man, you are not in my shoes!
    stop spending money for pots, restaurants and other things you don't really need.
    and then after a few weeks when she starts to go crazy... remind her you pay for it.

#73 11 years ago

All I can say is I hope she NEVER reads this thread!!

#74 11 years ago
    Quoted from Darlene:

All I can say is I hope she NEVER reads this thread!!

MAYBE if she did, she'd starighten up and fly right, as not to get cut loose, and lose her pot supplier,, LOL..

#75 11 years ago

The poll has me confused with >5 years and +5 years. Doesnt really matter though since I am in the "together 15 years, married almost 10 years, best friends, work together, have lunch/break together, carpool, and chat about Pinside after getting home together" category.

#76 11 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

The poll has me confused with >5 years and +5 years. Doesnt really matter though since I am in the "together 15 years, married almost 10 years, best friends, work together, have lunch/break together, carpool, and chat about Pinside after getting home together" category.

I prom should have put -5 instead of >5 .. Oops my bad

#77 11 years ago
    Quoted from Iamdarras:

Black don't Crack !! Her mom is still good looking in her 5o's she is almost 24... So she has a good 20 some years left in her.lol

aintnobodygottimefodat.jpgaintnobodygottimefodat.jpg

#78 11 years ago

Ouch, serious abuse before marriage. Remember the 10X multiplier. Just calculate the crap your taking now, multiply it by 10, and that's what your marriage will be like someday. Sound good?

#79 11 years ago

I'm not sure if the original poster meant this topic to be serious, but if it was, it's his fault. In the 5 years leading up to giving my fiance the ring, i made it abundantly clear who i was, what i'm into, how i behave and my excessive desire for oversized impractical expensive toys. There is zero chance she thinks i'll change one bit, which is exactly why i gave her that ring.
    I'm the type of guy that goes out for a car jack to work on one of my cars, and comes home with a bendpak lift, the look of shear shock on her face made it worth every cent, but at the same time not a single negative comment other than "now you can't complain about changing my oil".

A relationship is really all about being yourself, the second you let her believe anything different, you can never go back. At some point you must have led her to believe these machines/things weren't important to you, because if you did, she would know not to say a thing.

#80 11 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

You're obviously an alien and we are being invaded.

#81 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballmike217:

You're obviously an alien and we are being invaded.

Nope, just a blue-eyed blonde with huge boobs who sells 'relationship enhancement products' on the side and knows how to use them. Although alien does sound cooler and probably more believable.

#82 11 years ago

Take your shoe off and whack her upside the head. She will get the message

#83 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

If you're paying the bills and working for the money and not even married I think you should just tell her this is how it is and to deal with it.

^^ THIS!
    Women want their man to wear the pants... even the ones that won't admit to it. Even the ones that'll fight you for supremacy. As soon as you give in & start wearing the skirt, she'll get wandering eyes. Why? Because you are not wearing pants.

DISCLAIMER: My gf loves my pants. She also loves boxes full of pinball parts.

#84 11 years ago

The wife and I have a mutual agreement. If you earned the money you can spend it any way you want.

She ask's if she can buy a tanning bed. My response. "I don't give a shit it's your money."

I ask if I can buy another pin. Her response. "As long as I don't have to give you any money."

If we want something mutual we just split it. Like a pool or a new couch.

Between the two of use we have a package coming in everyday. She has almost 200 pairs of shoes and has clothes in 3 closets of the house. I have a pin in the living room. She gets to park her car in the garage. I get to have 2 motorcycles in the garage.

Just be fair. My advise is to get her ass a job. No free loaders here.

#85 11 years ago

This is just one of the first steps. This is time and money you should be spending on her. She will try to separate you from your hobbies, your friends, your family, anything that adds meaning to your life because American women feel that they are the only thing that should matter to a man. After you give up everything up for her, she will dump you for being week and pathetic.

#86 11 years ago

What's with the only woman on Pinside also being the perfect pinball life partner?!

It's like a cruel taunt, since clearly those types of women couldn't possibly exist

Forever alone... and better off financially for it? I'll just install a Fleshlight into a BoP coin door.

#87 11 years ago

(Ooh, I sell those too...) That would be one heck of a mod.

#88 11 years ago
    Quoted from pzy:

I'll just install a Fleshlight into a BoP coin door.

I'm afraid to ask what a fleshlight is...

#89 11 years ago

Bah! Of course you do. Got any 29-year-oldish sisters?

#90 11 years ago

OK, I fell down laughing ,pissed my pants and had an epiphany . Taking relationship advice from this group is like running for congress. You can't take it seriously. This group is hilarious.not sure it was meant to be ,but funniest thread ever. To the OP best of luck in the relationship ,consult your closest friends . To Pinside ,you guys make my day

#91 11 years ago

You stay classy, Pinside.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#92 11 years ago
    Quoted from pzy:

Bah! Of course you do. Got any 29-year-oldish sisters?

Her sister is 28, but married. Of course, I got the better of the two.

#93 11 years ago

It’s all about balance.

#94 11 years ago
    Quoted from jcar302:

I'm not sure if the original poster meant this topic to be serious, but if it was, it's his fault. In the 5 years leading up to giving my fiance the ring, i made it abundantly clear who i was, what i'm into, how i behave and my excessive desire for oversized impractical expensive toys. There is zero chance she thinks i'll change one bit, which is exactly why i gave her that ring.
    I'm the type of guy that goes out for a car jack to work on one of my cars, and comes home with a bendpak lift, the look of shear shock on her face made it worth every cent, but at the same time not a single negative comment other than "now you can't complain about changing my oil".
    A relationship is really all about being yourself, the second you let her believe anything different, you can never go back. At some point you must have led her to believe these machines/things weren't important to you, because if you did, she would know not to say a thing.

She was actually here before the hobby, so I think she is still gauging how much I really love it. I'm in the slow time for my business so I'm spending a lot of ime on it.

#95 11 years ago
    Quoted from pzy:

I'll just install a Fleshlight into a BoP coin door.

Quoted from blondetall:

(Ooh, I sell those too...) That would be one heck of a mod.

Does that mod increase the resale value of the pin? It sure increases the creepy factor.

#96 11 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Nope, just a blue-eyed blonde with huge boobs who sells 'relationship enhancement products' on the side and knows how to use them. Although alien does sound cooler and probably more believable.

Pics or it didn't happen. I'll stick with alien in the meantime.

#97 11 years ago

Now I say I wish my wife was more interested in my hobby,, but she'll let me play pinball for hours and just read a book or watch a movie instead. Is this really a problem? My wife though, never complains what I spend on pinball as long as I don't make the mistake on questioning her ( well under control ) spending. All kidding aside, leopards don't change their spots and hopefully she won't expect you to change any more than you can expect her to. Hope things work out.

#98 11 years ago
    Quoted from justonemore:

Now I say I wish my wife was more interested in my hobby,, but she'll let me play pinball for hours and just read a book or watch a movie instead. Is this really a problem? My wife though, never complains what I spend on pinball as long as I don't make the mistake on questioning her ( well under control ) spending. All kidding aside, leopards don't change their spots and hopefully she won't expect you to change any more than you can expect her to. Hope things work out.

Good advice

#99 11 years ago
    Quoted from GoBlue:

Just find a new girl.

agreed, it is easier finding a new girl than pinball parts. Just sayin bro.

#100 11 years ago
    Quoted from sammiesguys:

Does that mod increase the resale value of the pin? It sure increases the creepy factor.

Depends if its NOS or used

There are 217 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-girl-friend-is-getting-pissed/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.