1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by cosmicjim
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Crazy how people rank their games by current ebay prices. So, the play field that's worn, needs a shop job and the machine has some shorts and the price is equal to a shopped, pristine example with new play field install. I'm sure others have experienced this type of action.

#2 1 year ago

A seller can price it however they choose. It will just sit for a long time without a buyer.

#3 1 year ago

Yep, and on the flip side my favorite is when pinheads say a fully restored game's value is that of a routed beer beater.

#4 1 year ago

And if you live in my area; people will pay top dollar for junk and sit on it for 10 years saying they’ll ‘ find someone to work on it ‘. And then never do. And then list it for sale for twice they paid for it and someone else buys it and sits on it another 10 years, saying ‘ there used to be a guy around here that worked on these things’

#5 1 year ago

Newest trend I have been seeing....game gets listed at a high price to begin with...sits for a few months. Ad gets updated with a higher price than what was originally posted. SMH!

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Newest trend I have been seeing....game gets listed at a high price to begin with...sits for a few months. Ad gets updated with a higher price than what was originally posted. SMH!

Well you know.. When it does not sell just raise the price. That will fix it.

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

Well you know.. When it does not sell just raise the price. That will fix it.

Right? I’ve seen a CL ad in Texas for No Fear sit for almost a year at $2300, then ad was updated/relisted last week for $2500. I’ve seen two ads here listed then updated for $500 more than the original listing price. They all still sit, too.

#8 1 year ago

Saw a local guy selling a pin for 5200 for months with no bites. So obviously he raised it to 5600. I'm sure that will change everything.

#9 1 year ago

I enjoy the "wanted" ads on Craigslist, followed a few days later by a listing for that machine. Gotta wonder if it isn't just bait to sell a machine, you know, if someone else thinks it's good, it must be, and so therefore I want it!

Come to think of it, I'm going to use both of these tricks in my next listing!

#10 1 year ago

Yawn

#11 1 year ago

I find it funny that just saw a "Faces" by Sonic for sale on CL for $2900.00 on the east coast. An EM that is SUPER RARE, but last week saw one on the west coast. Now I haven't seen it before on CL or anywhere else but it seems when one comes out multiple come out! With all of course being RARE or SUPER RARE!

I have to laugh every time I see this.

#13 1 year ago

That means he doesn't like the Thread, yet still had to post.....

#14 1 year ago

These people are fishing and don't need the money.

These sellers will wait until they get their price whether it takes 10 weeks or 10 years.

#15 1 year ago

What's interesting are the crazy A$$ stories. Operator in North NJ has awesome opinions.. Let me share one for a holiday chuckle:

Indiana Jones:
    Operator: Oooooh this one is rare. You can't get these anymore.. My price is $10k because you just can't get one. Me: Hmm. Is it shopped with LED's? Any mods? Topper? New playfield install or rails? Operator: Oh God no.. This is original as intended by Williams. I put new rubbers on it. LEDS - those things are
    not meant for these machines. They cause corrosion of the sockets and condensation gets in there. They are junk. The original style bulbs are in there the way
    they were designed. I wouldn't buy a machine with LEDs in it. No Sir! Me: So interesting.. So your machine is better than any other out there. Operator: You
    Betcha. They don't come like this.. Me: How about the wear at the flippers. Operator: This machine is over 30 years old. It's gonna have some wear. I've seen worse! Me: So if I sold you my mint Addams Family with LED's you wouldn't buy it? Operator: I'd take all those LED's and throw them right in the garbage.
    I'd offer less on the machine because now I have to put time into removing and reinstalling light bulbs. Me: You know what Sir... You're the most uneducated, pompous a$$ I've ever spoke with in my life. Have fun holding onto that machine. Click!

#16 1 year ago

I've noticed the price of tea in China has been on the rise too.

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

That means he doesn't like the Thread, yet still had to post.....

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

And if you live in my area; people will pay top dollar for junk and sit on it for 10 years saying they’ll ‘ find someone to work on it ‘. And then never do. And then list it for sale for twice they paid for it and someone else buys it and sits on it another 10 years, saying ‘ there used to be a guy around here that worked on these things’

LoL, it's like you've peered directly into my soul.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 129.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 14.95
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Gweem's Mods
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 225.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 115.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 20.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    £ 82.00
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 14.00
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Great American Pinball
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside