View topic image gallery

IMG_2599.jpg
IMG_2591.jpg
IMG_2596.jpg
IMG_2595.jpg
foto_4.JPG
foto_3.JPG
#1 11 years ago

I've been on a bit of a tear in 2013. I've been fortunate to check off almost all the remaining games on my wishlist by picking up Black Hole, Banzai Run, Gottlieb Jacks Open and finally this Farfalla!

This is my first Zac and it came off a container. It's a bit rough and I am going to do some restoration/conservation on it. I just thought I would post a few of the issues here and see if anyone out there could offer some advice or point me to some parts I need. I am especially curious how to remove the plastics and nuts without causing any damage? Those things are on there pretty tight!

Aside from the cosmetic issues (which I can address) and a few swicthes that need adjustment, here is a list of other deficiencies:

-Sounds are intermittent. They seem loud at times and then drop down low, or not at all. Some sounds play in full and then sometimes I just get a quick blip of the sound and it cuts out.

-It has a couple of chipped flippers and one chipped plastic (the one on the upper playfield). I have spoken to David Gersic and he has the flipper bats, shooter rod and a few other things, but no plastics. If anyone has any leads, that would be greatly appreciated.

-My headphone jack is gone. It's been ripped out and replaced with a mystery red button that is also diconnected. If anyone has a jack, that would be awesome.

-The outer backglass is a bit worn where the neon rubs, but this is hard artwork to fix. it's busy enough that i may just leave it alone. However, anyone with a good backglass they'd like to sell, please let me know.

Here are some pics. foto_3.JPGfoto_3.JPG foto_4.JPGfoto_4.JPG IMG_2595.jpgIMG_2595.jpg IMG_2596.jpgIMG_2596.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Hi,

Congrats for your Farfalla, great pin, especially with the European Backglass.
Unsure if I can be of any help for issues David Gersic could not fix !

Quoted from Drano:

but no plastics. If anyone has any leads, that would be greatly appreciated.

I will look around for this plastic. Any picture ?

Quoted from Drano:

-The outer backglass is a bit worn where the neon rubs, but this is hard artwork to fix. it's busy enough that i may just leave it alone. However, anyone with a good backglass they'd like to sell, please let me know.

Sincerely, I doubt it can be easily found in the US - first because that's the european "nude" version, second because it's a really beautiful one - IMO - and thus a keeper. Be patient. I saw one for sale in France over the last 18 months (100 euros !).

#3 11 years ago

I will look around for this plastic. Any picture ?

Yup, see below. Thanks for trying.

IMG_2591.jpgIMG_2591.jpg

Sincerely, I doubt it can be easily found in the US - first because that's the european "nude" version, second because it's a really beautiful one - IMO - and thus a keeper. Be patient. I saw one for sale in France over the last 18 months (100 euros !).

Actually, the backglass and the "nude" lady are two separate pieces. She is a molded plastic and it's in fine condition. The backglass is the art that goes around her and it's real glass. Here is a picture from behind. All versions of this game will have the same one.

IMG_2599.jpgIMG_2599.jpg

#4 11 years ago

Just a little bump.

I'm also curious if there is a Williams equivalent leaf switch that will work on Zaccaria games? A lot of the switches under the rollovers are mangled... pop bumpers too.
They have the smallest diodes I've ever seen on them.

#5 11 years ago

Congrats!! I love my Farfalla...That outer BG is not that bad, the fact that it is busy is actually a good thing and can be touched up. Not sure about the switches...I was able to get mine working.

Phoebe

#6 11 years ago

You can't be HUO/NIB anal about a Zaccaria...your backglass actually looks very good and so do your plastics.

#7 11 years ago

Congrats on the Farfalla . . easily one of my favorite games.

Quoted from Drano:

I am especially curious how to remove the plastics and nuts without causing any damage? Those things are on there pretty tight!

If the nuts do break, I think you can get repros these days. They used to be really hard to find.

Quoted from Drano:

-Sounds are intermittent. They seem loud at times and then drop down low, or not at all. Some sounds play in full and then sometimes I just get a quick blip of the sound and it cuts out.

This is probably the volume knob itself. I find that if they don't get played for a while, they get scratchy sounding and do that varying volume thing.

Quoted from Drano:

-My headphone jack is gone. It's been ripped out and replaced with a mystery red button that is also diconnected. If anyone has a jack, that would be awesome.

I probably have one around. Send me a pm, I might even part with that plastic you need if I have one

Greg

#8 11 years ago

Nice score Drano
played one at the Allentown show few years ago

#9 11 years ago

Thanks guys!
Its a great game and I'm not a condition snob. Hell, I'm having fun just playing it as-is. However, I get a real buzz off restoring games and setting little challenges for myself. If I can get something looking and working like new, I will try.

Greg,
Sending you a PM now!
Thank you

#10 11 years ago

Congrats!
I should have ask for that plastic before as mine is broken too!
Can't wait to see the game after it goes through your hands!
If you find another backglass ,i will gladly take that one of your hands as mine is a really poorly made repro...

#11 11 years ago

Nice score.

Great looking pin!

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from Andre:

Congrats!
I should have ask for that plastic before as mine is broken too!

Sadly the same plastics tend to break at the same place. Had that problem with my zaccaria blackbelt. A single plastic broken. Finally found a populated PF for sale: same plastic broken

#13 11 years ago

Congrats the colors in that PF just look amazing.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Congrats the colors in that PF just look amazing.

Yeah, she's a beauty!
At first I wasn't sure what to make of the theme and art, but it has a groovy, hippy quality and I know how Italians love their pop-art

It's such a fun player for an early ss, that the theme becomes secondary. It would be nice if the sounds were less "robotic", but what can you do? My little girl's gonna love it

Zaccaria also did so many cool things. The "last chance" mini flippers that give you one flip to save a ball from the outlanes are so cool. The clear plastic upper playfield with retractable ramp, and plastics that do not yellow! They were ahead of their time!

Even the transformer is awesome. Just pull out the fuse and rotate it to the desired input voltage.

#15 11 years ago

Did you get the Multi-Special yet?
Keep those outlanes lit! Fun machine to nudge when ball is going for them.
Got a 1" ball in mine to speed up the game...and it really shows!

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Yeah, she's a beauty!
At first I wasn't sure what to make of the theme and art, but it has a groovy, hippy quality and I know how Italians love their pop-art
It's such a fun player for an early ss, that the theme becomes secondary.

I love me some Farfalla!. I was at first also enamored w/ the artwork, it wasn't till I played it more and more - realized how fascinating the gameplay is!

Damn... seeing this REALLY make me want to find my Zaccaria Robot more and more!!!!!

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Even the transformer is awesome. Just pull out the fuse and rotate it to the desired input voltage.

That's one of the best things about that generation of Zaccarias.

#18 11 years ago

Congrats on the acquisition! Farfalla is such a fun game. Enjoy!

#19 11 years ago

I'm jealous, this is a game I've always wanted even though they are a little tougher to fix up & maintain than a popular B/W title.

Hey Drano, I've been looking for ages of high res pics (or a scan) of this PF when stripped. If you strip the game, it would be awesome if you could take nice pics, especially a nice full overhead shot.

#20 11 years ago

Congrats man, nice score

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

seeing this REALLY make me want to find my Zaccaria Robot more and more!!!!!

I just helped a friend of mine score a Robot and Magic Castle off a container from Italy. Should be here in a month. I'm looking forward to playing them.

Quoted from robx46:

Hey Drano, I've been looking for ages of high res pics (or a scan) of this PF when stripped. If you strip the game, it would be awesome if you could take nice pics, especially a nice full overhead shot.

I can do better than that. I have a windowpane scanner I use for various restoration tasks. I can likely piece together a high res scan of the whole pf if you are patient. My only issue is I have a tiny bit of flipper drag to correct on the flower just above the Shoot Again insert. I'll need a good pic of that first so I can touch it up. The playfield will be clearcoated like all my other projects.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-first-zaccaria-need-some-advice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.