(Topic ID: 84076)

My first year experience as a pinhead...fun had and lessons learned (long)

By VolunteerPin

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atomicboy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from VolunteerPin:

2. Don't get caught up in the 'have to have it now' mentality...it WILL cost you

That's a tough one. When I started, I passed on some titles I recently picked up, as they were going for $1000-$1,200, and someone wanted $1300-$1500. I thought it was the smart thing to do at the time.

Flash forward, and I'm now paying $2,500-$3,000 for these same titles, and that's IF I can find them. My honest opinion on this is buy them all and sort it out later. Take that with the obvious grain of salt being don't go broke or piss your wife off (too much).

They are easy to sell, and having trade bait puts you in a better position anyway for something you want. There is the flip side to that, being the crazy over the top prices for a game you just have to have now, but sometimes we gotz to do what weez gotz to do!

Again, the classic argument: they keep their value, so it's hard to make a bad decision. There is usually more bad decisions "felt" with ones you sell without really thinking it through.

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I find myself frequently still caught up in it.

It never ends. It becomes a staple quickly in your daily habits, checking the online for sales, CL, wherever. Despite you telling your wife (and yourself) once I get X, and Y and Z, I'll be done, never ends. Everyone here has gone through this.

Sometimes I think this is a good thing. It's tough to allow pinball to get stale, so much to repair, buy, search for, improve. It's the addiction of barbies and accessorising for middle age men. And really, the wives should be jumping for joy given all the other ways middle age men can spend their time and their money.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atomicboy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-first-year-experience-as-a-pinheadfun-had-and-lessons-learned-long?tu=atomicboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.