Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by BadBrad97
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball Tournament Card.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I definitely don't want to be that guy sorry haha. No gloves for me either. Like I said, just in it to have fun and maybe get a little lucky.

"that guy"?

You mean the one that wins because he knows when he needs to cut away distractions?

Okay.

I've found recently that headphones can be a mixed bag. Sometimes you miss audio cues that can tip you off to something bad happening before you can assess it visually, but at the same time, having music you can jam to and just lose yourself in the game can be a MASSIVE benefit occasionally. I had what was probably one of the most ridiculous come-back wins in local tournaments on a Transformers Pro after having two horrible balls, I put the headphones in, turned on the dance music, and just WAILED away at Optimus and Megatron and had a bunch of super jackpots and 3+ multiballs on ball three..

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Lol. You must be one of those pinball athletes. Do you use PEDs like mountain dew?

Actually, I pretty much starve myself at tournaments. Went to Garage Gauntlet in Austin...got up at 5am, left dallas around 6am with a breakfast sandwich from Jack in the Crack and a cooler full of alchohol. Ended up drinking a guiness around noon, and then a shot of whiskey, and didn't have anything else to eat or drink the rest of the day. : |

Also, see the edit above...

I listen to music anytime I have my headphones in. It's more for myself than to take away the ambient noise..

#37 9 years ago
    Quoted from nhm:

Biggest drawback to headphones is missing tilt warnings. Seen it happen to just about everybody that uses headphones.

Agree. Several times have been like "Was that one or two?"

#39 9 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Ahhhh booze as a PED... Usually when I drink when I play I hit the groove for a few games, then start to suck when I get too drunk to care.

If you get drunk off a can of Guinness and a shot of whiskey...well... I don't know what to say, lol.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-first-tournmant-any-tips?tu=frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.