(Topic ID: 115978)

My first retheme, Toronto Maple Leafs !!

By pinball_erie

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pinball_erie
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1035[1].JPG
ah PUCK_01_1.JPG
ah PUCK_02_1.JPG
ah PUCK_03.JPG
Pb180012_xw300.jpg
IMG_0814[1].JPG
IMG_0813[1].JPG
IMG_0768[1].JPG
IMG_0762[1].JPG
Hockeytown__1024x768[1].jpg
TML 1st Clear.JPG

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

This is my first attempt at a retheme, and it is for my 9 year son. While it is far from perfect, I am really happy so far. I have learned how to use an airbrush, replace inserts, and use automotive clear so far. A special shout out to Vid1900, his restoration thread inspired me to try this. I will keep this post documented with pics as I go, wish I took pics at the beginning !! TML 1st Clear.JPG

#2 4 years ago

Very cool ! Born and raised in Toronto . I bleed blue !! I will be watching your progress for sure.

#3 4 years ago

I still want a hockey NHL pin someday about as much as you want the leafs or Canucks to win a cup. Hahah. Can't wait to see how it turns out. I know u know I am a Pens fan based on our past posts over the years on hockey talk. Just had to throw it out on leafs.

#4 4 years ago

Cool, good luck!!! Toronto is my second home!!!

#5 4 years ago

That looks like a cool project and I think it's wonderful that your doing it for your son.

I think the only challenge you may have is the operating system. It'll probably work fine in the beginning but you may face serious, impromptu crashes for no apparent reasons and it my be difficult to find answers from anyone in the industry cause no one can help explain why?
I keed, I keed.

Good luck in your endeavor.

QSS

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelb:

That looks like a cool project and I think it's wonderful that your doing it for your son.
I think the only challenge you may have is the operating system. It'll probably work fine in the beginning but you may face serious, impromptu crashes for no apparent reasons and it my be difficult to find answers from anyone in the industry cause no one can help explain why?
I keed, I keed.
Good luck in your endeavor.
QSS

Ahhhhh, I see what you did there. Well played sir !!

#7 4 years ago

Good luck sir..
Pk Subban

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

Good luck sir..
Pk Subban

How's this for irony, the Habs are who I root for and I'm making a Leaf pin. The things we do for our kids !!!

#9 4 years ago

I almost thumbed down your topic because of the leafs! but, it's for your kid and you redeemed yourself with declaring your Habs love!

Quoted from pinball_erie:

How's this for irony, the Habs are who I root for and I'm making a Leaf pin. The things we do for our kids !!!

#10 4 years ago

best of luck to you....born in Stoney Creek.

which game are you using as your base?

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

best of luck to you....born in Stoney Creek.
which game are you using as your base?

Trio

#12 4 years ago

maybe the game will play better then the leafs !

#13 4 years ago

GO LEAFS GO !

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from luch:

maybe the game will play better then the leafs !

Shouldnt be all that hard to achieve. .....

#15 4 years ago

I cheer for the Oilers... does that make me a loser?

#16 4 years ago

Other then the Olympics, I'm not a big sports fan so I don't usually jump on the bandwagon until the second round of playoffs.....it's been a while.

Im following the build, I'd like to see how it goes together for you, I'm thinking about my own re theme

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Dont worry, the way the Leafs are going we wont be far behind you soon enough.

#18 4 years ago

You should put it on route.
Even if it's the worst playing pin, it could be the most profitable one out there!

-a Sens fan

#20 4 years ago

Quick help him pick a new team, the Leafs need major help again this years just like last year and before that year.

#21 4 years ago

You must really love your child to put this together for him. It's blasphemy for a habs fan to have to endure that

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Quick help him pick a new team, the Leafs need major help again this years just like last year and before that year.

yes and every year since 1967

#23 4 years ago

Oh man.... I've like sat here for 5 mniutes, which such a flurry of leaf shots.... that I can't even focus to write one of them. So much to pull from...

At least put a "Leafs season" with a big red arrow pointed down between the flippers for the SDTM!

Anyway, cool retheme though, EASY resell in Ontario if you ever need to, just not in my basement - Wings forever!

#24 4 years ago

Just be sure to put Doug Gilmour in his cow tights (from the old milk commercial) somewhere.
You may have to theme it in the 70's if you want to portray a cup winning team.

#25 4 years ago

Needs more Red & White! Go Wings! LoL

Hockeytown__1024x768[1].jpg
#26 4 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Just be sure to put Doug Gilmour in his cow tights (from the old milk commercial) somewhere.
You may have to theme it in the 70's if you want to portray a cup winning team.

what cup winning team from the 70's not the leafs .

1 week later
#27 4 years ago

It's finally starting to resemble a playfield !!IMG_0762[1].JPG

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Yes, probably it does. They are beyond bad. I get tickets for less than the cost of a movie.

#29 4 years ago

Change the flippers to hockey sticks or paint them that way, just a thought to help out.

#30 4 years ago

Just watched them lose again. They gave up the fastest shorty in NHL history tonite. 5 seconds into the third. Your pin will play better than this team for sure! Good luck! Cool project!

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

Just watched them lose again. They gave up the fastest shorty in NHL history tonite. 5 seconds into the third. Your pin will play better than this team for sure! Good luck! Cool project!

I watched as well. Lots of empty seats.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Change the flippers to hockey stickes or paint them that way, just a thought to help out.

Great thought, gotta figure this one out.

Here it is a little bit further alongIMG_0768[1].JPG.......

#33 4 years ago

1-10-1 for January. Is change that to Habs, or Senators or Canucks or Blues, ANYTHING the laughes, I mean Leafs!!!

#34 4 years ago

They are god awful.

#35 4 years ago

It's finally starting to resemble a playfield !!

IMG_0762[1].JPG 155 KB

Looks great, any progress ?

#36 4 years ago

IMG_0814[1].JPGIMG_0813[1].JPG

Getting closer !!!!!

The cracked ice look was my daughter's idea.

#37 4 years ago

Looking great

#38 4 years ago

Maybe you need a Zamboni mod . . .

#39 4 years ago

Someway need to get a hockey net inside the game or over a lane where ball goes in and out.

#40 4 years ago

Damn you guys, so many ideas now. I thought I was almost done !!

#41 4 years ago

Hmm.. How about a Tie Domi bumper to signal a fight.

Go Wild!!

#42 4 years ago

Zamboni +1
Just mount a hot wheels one somewhere inside the machine. Put a nice Toronto Sun ad on the side...

#43 4 years ago

Seems the Leafs have decided that they won't win a game til this pin is finished! So take your time. We need a good draft pick!

#44 4 years ago

I am wondering what sort of ideas you have for the backglass.
I would assume that it will probably be a translight type piece attached to a glass (could add autographs to a printed image).
Just wondering what era or eras will be represented and if we're going to see grapes hiding somewhere.
Don't forget the bullhorn for the end of game.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from Oshie74:

Hmm.. How about a Tie Domi bumper to signal a fight.
Go Wild!!

I see you are a Wild fan. My son is playing with Mike Rupp's son this year. I coach them so I have had conversations with Mike, not at all what you saw on the ice, almost shy.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

Seems the Leafs have decided that they won't win a game til this pin is finished! So take your time. We need a good draft pick!

That's a great post !!!

#47 4 years ago

Here's a small mod that I was thinking of adding to the playfield of one of my HSII / Getaway pins . . .

This one is key chain sized, about 1.25" tall / height, but there are larger versions that would be aces for a topper on your game.

Both sizes are acutally NHL novelty items which sell @ CTC ( Canadian Tire for the USA pin heads ) . . .

Uhm, how do I upload a vid ?

( I'm getting asked for an upload ID ? . . . )

#48 4 years ago

Very cool project. I did notice the absence of any reference to the Stanley Cup....
Pb180012_xw300.jpg

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from fast_in_muskoka:

Uhm, how do I upload a vid

Post it on Youtube, then link here.

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Post it on Youtube, then link here.

Utoober wants a phone number to call and verify ID, any way around that . . . ?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
€ 9.95
Playfield - Other
Multigame
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 24.95
Playfield - Decals
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 235.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 15.00
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Flashinstinct
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 26.95
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside