20200601_202756 (resized).jpg
20200601_202855 (resized).jpg
20200601_202800 (resized).jpg
20200516_175827 (resized).jpg
20200516_175521 (resized).jpg
20200516_175456 (resized).jpg
20200416_172417 (resized).jpg
DSC00282 (resized).JPG
2020-04-11 18_34_15-MOTHERS CALIFORNIA GOLD PURE BRAZILIAN CARNAUBA WAX – PASTE WAX + FREE MICROFIBE (resized).png
DSC00280 (resized).JPG
DSC00281 (resized).JPG
DSC00234 (resized).JPG
DSC00222 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 4 years ago

those jumpers on the CPU board have to be there. Locomotion is technically a Gen 1. But uses bigger CPU chips than the board was designed for. They they made modifications for those bigger chips. it was right before Gen2 was created. Locomotion is the only game that has this modification and the MPU board will not work for any other game. But any Gen1 MPU board can be modified to work with locomotion.

#7 4 years ago

also here is a thread when I restored mine years ago. You might have pictures that help you with yours, for reference material.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/locomotion-a-zaccaria-love-story

#10 4 years ago

I have in there how I repaired and fixed a lot of them. Plus I have a lot of locomotion parts used on hand if you have something missing or too far blown out to fix. I keep a big stock of zac parts that I'll be putting up on my website soon.

#18 4 years ago

why did you pull all the inserts out of the playfield? Did they pretty much fall out on their own.

#20 4 years ago

yes, but the art goes into the insert, so you are going to have to retouchup everything once you put them back in, since you will have a gap and faultline around each insert once back in. Plus some are not perfectly center, So you need to keep the art that was previously on the insert, or it will be very difficult to get right again. You going to clear it afterwards to seal in your touchups?

#27 4 years ago

those are your roll over switches. It's what zaccaria uses instead of the wire ones. You can use wire ones if you want. If you need these. I have them for sale as well. You will not find anyone that stocks this style of roll over. If you have some broken, Let me know, or just go with wire style.

If your inserts were loose already, you had to remove them anyway, so you can reglue them to keep them from shifting. the push finger test is the way to go. I never remove inserts that I cannot push out by hand. Every single time i've tried to remove one by force, it would crack somewhere. The black on the back of the insert, should have just blown out with a can of compressed air. just remember that the inserts have specific spots they have to go back. like say the 3 orange inserts that are in front of the drop target banks. Each one is specific (art wise), so the one that was in front of the blue bank, looks like the the other 2, but the art ring will only match the one for the blue bank and when inserting, has to be facing the same way as it was previously. Unless your field had a perfect printing job, which every insert was printed perfectly dead center. (which i've never seen in the 100's of fields i've restored).

#29 4 years ago

yes, I have 2 in stock. They are used but match those.

2 weeks later
#37 4 years ago

don't use those. They are not protectors. they are destroyers of cabinets. They will just dig in farther into the cabinet and make things worse. Use the metal ones that go under the leg. With screened cabinets like this, they don't destroy as easy or bad, but with decal games, they will ruin it hardcore and make the damage so far into the cabinet, that now you can't cover it anymore.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-first-restoration-zaccaria-locomotion?tu=captainneo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.