So as far as the game goes, it hasn’t been powered on in many years. Looks there is acid damage on the MPU. The cabinet has the typical ware & scratches of a 40year old pin. Missing the key to the coindoor so haven’t been able to look inside it yet, but everything should be there. The German dagger backglass is in great shape & doesn’t need to be replaced. Some of the plastics are warped but none of them are cracked. The playfield has some ware but is pretty nice overall.
Mata Hari is such a great looking game, so I really think this one needs to look pretty again. I’ve been inspired by some of the other Mata Hari restoration threads, so here’s what I plan on doing...
1) New Alltek MPU & lightdriver boards for sure. Don’t sure what else it might need.
2) Install playfield hardtop, rebuild with new flippers, pops, drops, etc. New posts, rubbers, etc. Install LEDs. I just want to to play great & look nice.
3) Restore cabinet & re-stencil with Pinball pimp stencils. Possibly new purple/red/black color scheme instead of yellow base color
4) Restore apron & paint new color to match new cabinet scheme.
5) Get everything looking shiny again, repaint the legs & rails or possibly get new ones.
Lots of work for a first restore, but I’m looking forward to the challenge. Not expecting pristine collector quality here, but I will do my best. Will I screw it up? Ha probably. Only one way to find out.