94 - LED Anti-Flicker PCB (resized).jpg
92a - Backbox Mounted (resized).jpg
92b - Backbox Mounted (resized).jpg
92c - Backbox Mounted (resized).jpg
93b - Left Flipper Rebuilt (resized).jpg
93a - Left Flipper Original (resized).jpg
91d - Top Mounted Ball Kicker After (resized).jpg
91b - Top Mounted Ball Kicker Before (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrm_4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 4 years ago

Dude this is looking great so far!

2 weeks later
#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

mrm_4 - question for you (or anybody reading this): I removed the side rails for cabinet painting and just finished polishing them up. They've got some scratches but otherwise look 100% better so I'm going to reuse these and not buy new ones. I got some new finishing nails from Pinball Life but it didn't occur to me until I tried installing the rails back on tonight that the finishing nails aren't going to stay secure in the original holes. How did you do your siderails when you repainted your Mata Hari? Did you get larger finishing nails, use screws instead, or maybe you actually filled in the cabinet nail holes during your cabinet refinishing and just re-nailed over it? Thanx....

I used screws as the replacement

63433A10-811A-439F-BC69-7CE1E80BCD3E (resized).jpeg63433A10-811A-439F-BC69-7CE1E80BCD3E (resized).jpeg
#22 4 years ago

That things looking great

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

I disassembled the Tilt Board and have a bunch of metal parts tumbling this weekend. I replaced the horribly-spliced-fire-hazard-of-a-power-cable and got a chime rebuild kit to replace all of the rubber grommets. Meanwhile, I put Titan Pinball's Lockdown Bar Receiver Assembly sticker on tonight - I kinda like it, it might stay.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Are you going to paint that tilt panel blue?
Do it!

#35 4 years ago

Looking good!

#41 4 years ago

My shield was in really good shape so I just masked it. However you can pull yours out and replace with material from Home Depot. That’s what HoakyPoaky did and it looks great.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-first-restoration-mata-hari/page/4#post-5278000

1 week later
#44 4 years ago

Love all the Beatles stuff.
Looking good man. Little by little it’s getting done.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Got 40 years of dirt and grime off of the pieces that fit in the ultrasonic cleaner - came out better than I thought it would on a first pass. The first batch of parts are tumbling now....
I'm going to have to put the hinges in a bucket of Evapo-Rust. Never done that before, but it looks pretty easy.[quoted image][quoted image]

I was about to suggest evaporust. That stuffs amazing.
Every piece of metal and screw I pull from my Firepower project is going to soak in it.

3 weeks later
#57 4 years ago

I’m looking for the missed registration and don’t see it. Looks good!!!

#69 4 years ago

Replacing all the labels is one of my favorite parts. Glad you did the off white. Looks great

1 week later
#76 4 years ago

Maybe spinning Qtips soaked in Naphtha and yes light pressure. That’s a good looking glass I would baby it for sure. You’ll know when you start if you’re gonna cause damage. Is it flaking anywhere?

#85 4 years ago

Cool videos man! I like your set up.

P. S. I did not fast forward through the soldering.

2 weeks later
#108 4 years ago

Thats a great looking row!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 99.00
$ 22.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrm_4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-first-restoration-1977-bally-black-jack-ss?tu=mrm_4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.