Topic Stats

• 109 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 days ago by Pinslot
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 130 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_7625 (resized).jpg
95f - Nearly Done (resized).jpg
95e - Nearly Done (resized).jpg
95d - Nearly Done (resized).jpg
95b - Nearly Done (resized).jpg
95a - Nearly Done (resized).jpg
95c - Nearly Done (resized).jpg
94 - LED Anti-Flicker PCB (resized).jpg
92a - Backbox Mounted (resized).jpg
92b - Backbox Mounted (resized).jpg
92c - Backbox Mounted (resized).jpg
93b - Left Flipper Rebuilt (resized).jpg
93a - Left Flipper Original (resized).jpg
91d - Top Mounted Ball Kicker After (resized).jpg
91b - Top Mounted Ball Kicker Before (resized).jpg
91c - Top Mounted Ball Kicker After (resized).jpg

There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 28 days ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Hmmm...is there a way to address the occasional situations where the ball hits the sling lightly, the coil fires, but there is no chime sounded or score incremented? Replace the diodes (tho I had always thought diodes are an all-or-nothing failure, not intermittent)?

Well other than modifying the software, the only way to resolve that is with capacitors. Try them and see how you go. If the slingshots machine gun, you'll have to try tweaking the switches to eliminate it.

#102 28 days ago
Quoted from Quench:

Well other than modifying the software, the only way to resolve that is with capacitors. Try them and see how you go. If the slingshots machine gun, you'll have to try tweaking the switches to eliminate it.

They shouldn't if the blades are straight and adjusted properly.

#103 28 days ago

Near-final pix. The playfield still looks reflective even with the playfield glass removed because of the playfield protector. With the playfield protector, ball motion is fast and smooth, and it's a quick and easy way to level out the cupped inserts.

95a - Nearly Done (resized).jpg95b - Nearly Done (resized).jpg95c - Nearly Done (resized).jpg95d - Nearly Done (resized).jpg95e - Nearly Done (resized).jpg95f - Nearly Done (resized).jpg
#104 28 days ago

Personally I'm not a big fan of playfield protectors, but yours looks crystal clear & very reflective, so it looks really nice. Well done!

I've never had the pleasure of playing this game, but it looks like a fun shooter & I like the the idea of blackjack over the usual poker themes. So put it in the scoop to collect bonus whenever you hand is beating the dealer? I'll have to look into some gameplay video

EDIT: Just watched. That's a great game. Wish Mata Hari had a spinner like that. Fun to rip & beat the dealer. Cool use of the chimes too! Will look nice next to your Mata Hari

#105 28 days ago

Fun fact, if somehow you launch a new ball and the first thing it hits is the spinner, the game will tilt! At least mine would.

I thought it was me touching it causing an issue but it was in fact true. Then one day it actually happened in play. How you might ask? The ball snuck down the right passage ran around the rim of the saucer, bounced off the post below the saucer, arced over the three pop bumpers and into the spinner, TILT!

#106 27 days ago
Quoted from BJM-Maxx:

Fun fact, if somehow you launch a new ball and the first thing it hits is the spinner, the game will tilt! At least mine would.
I thought it was me touching it causing an issue but it was in fact true. Then one day it actually happened in play. How you might ask? The ball snuck down the right passage ran around the rim of the saucer, bounced off the post below the saucer, arced over the three pop bumpers and into the spinner, TILT!

That was a bug in the software. Quench told me about it when I was working on updated code for BlackJack and found that bug. I removed that undesirable feature when I rewrote the way the dealer saucer is handled so you can lose points instead.

#107 26 days ago

I still need to rebuild the pop bumpers and experiment with putting caps on some switches, but since the wife was complaining about tripping over the pin (it's sitting in the middle of the room while I work on it) I went ahead and moved it to the "Classic Bally Row" section of our rec room. My original intent was to teach myself restoration techniques on a basket case pin and if it came out ok resell it, but after a few dozen test games the simplicity of this game is really starting to grow on me. I might just keep it!

robotworkshop - I'll PM you soon on how to get your updated code.

IMG_7625 (resized).jpg
#108 26 days ago

Thats a great looking row!

#109 22 days ago

Really nice work. Black Jack has simple but excellent rules. It forces you to learn tap passing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 44.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 21.00
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 149.00
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside