(Topic ID: 268209)

My first Premium, JP vs Batman 66 vs Guardians vs what??

By GeekedOnPinball

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jediturtle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Now codes are polished, i was wondering what is the better game between GOTG and MET.
    Theme of Gotg is much more appealing to me but i really love the drop target in-lane of Met. What about code/rules?

Easily Metallica. The rules get wood-choppy as you get deep in the game going for End of the Line, but other than that the code is unique with some very fun modes. GOTG is as vanilla as it gets. Rehashed layout and rehashed rules, both of which were done better on the games it borrows from. I have owned and sold both. Metallica lasted quite awhile, and was always fun, but once you get better at it you realize how repetitive it gets. GOTG was one of my quickest in and out games. Big bummer as I'm a huge fan of the theme and it's a beautiful pin. Its just so generic, unfortunately.

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Thanks for the input. Was your statement based on final code for them, especially gotg?

Yup. Don't get me wrong...both are very solid games. GOTG was just stale for me as I have owned multiple other games with nearly the same layout and nearly the same ruleset. There just wasn't enough to stand out against those other games...it was just more of the same, been there done that. If you've never spent a lot of time with Iron Man or Metallica on the playfield side, or Star Trek (or any number of other Lonnie games) on the software side, you might love it!

But my biggest pet peeve about GOTG...the mid-point mini-wizard mode is a completely unthemed mode that simply plays a song that happens to be in the movie. Just zero effort whatsoever put into that one. They could have at least had the Milano flying around the screen or something, but nope...let's just put some generic cherries and bombs up there since the song is named Cherry Bomb...brilliant! Why bother with pesky theming? That's kind of an analogy for the entire game, unfortunately.

#53 3 years ago
    Quoted from imagamejunky:

I respectfully disagree. I wouldn’t say easily better. MET is fun but gets old quick. And I am a Metallica fan.
    “The rules get wood-choppy”
    I 100% agree here.
    GOTG has better modes/missions. Better lighting. It’s more fun IMO. Cleland’s audio mod makes it even better. Plus it’s a Spike 2 with a big LCD which is a plus to me. And it’s NOT wood choppy.

You know...I shouldn't have said easily better. I do personally think it's the better of the two, but like I said, they are both solid games. I think I unfairly have a grudge against GOTG as I really, really wanted to love it and have it be a keeper, but it just wasn't. You are right...not wood choppy, unless you need to try multiple times at Groot or Orb to collect the super (or to continually bring modes into them to help completion). That can get a little choppy, but honestly if you play well enough the first time, you are golden. It's a good game, even if I'm a bit mad at it for not living up to its potential. LOL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jediturtle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-first-premium-jp-vs-batman-66-vs-guardians-vs-what?tu=jediturtle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.