• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo_4.jpg
photo_1.jpg.scaled.1000.jpg
#1 12 years ago

Just got my first machine today. It's a TZ I got from "The Gorilla". He drove it up from Iowa to Chicago with his lovely wife, and fixed a part when he got here. What a great guy! I played it a bunch today and can't wait to play more tomorrow. Sorry about the self serving post. I'm just excited, and I wanted to let you know how great a guy The Gorilla is. (Just incase you didn't know). So excited to officially be a part of the pinball owning community.

Here are some photos I snapped from the first day.
http://greyscalegorilla.posterous.com/

Cheers,
Nick

photo_1.jpg.scaled.1000.jpgphoto_1.jpg.scaled.1000.jpg

#2 12 years ago

Awesome job Nick! had fun playing it tonight! Lets get some of those pictures we took of our lineup up here!

#3 12 years ago

congrats nick

#4 12 years ago

Fun pin congrates

#5 12 years ago

Very jelous can't wait to get my hands on a Tz congrats

#6 12 years ago

TG is giving NAVL a run for their money with all the pin hauling he is doing lately! He brought me an IJ up from Des Moines a couple months ago. And yes, you are right on the money... TG is the man!

Congrats on your first pin! It won't be the last.

#7 12 years ago

TZ is awesome. I have my second TZ now and I love it. I may sell it some day as something NEW comes out. For now I am in the zone.

#8 12 years ago

Congrats, Nick!

Later,
EV

#9 12 years ago

Fun pin congrates

Without you Bob, we never would have met the Gorilla, and talked about setting this sale up. Thanks again for the party!

Sorry I couldn't get away from a client meeting to be there when Gorilla showed up. Missed out on the excitement.

Here is a pic of Nick's TZ in its place next to my JD and LOTR!

photo_4.jpgphoto_4.jpg

#10 12 years ago

Congrats on your first pin, and you already have one of the best pins out there.

#11 12 years ago

my first pin also

#12 12 years ago

TZ is also our 1st pin purchased in 2005.I keep saying it is time to sell it for a different pin but every time I play it I change my mind.It is still a fun game!

#13 12 years ago

There are many days the left drain straps on the shit kickers and hands me my ass, but I love it. Most expensive machine ever produced I read, and even Lawlor noted that he should not have had the total free range to do everything he was able to do with this machine again.

#14 12 years ago

Wow! A TZ for a first pin is like buying a rare classic vette for your first car.

#15 12 years ago

Congrats on the TZ! That is on my short list. Looks great next to the JD and LOTR.

#16 12 years ago

Way to set the bar high! Your next pin will have to be a MM now!

Wish I lived closer to T_G. I think he's officially the B_R of the North now.

#17 12 years ago

Thanks everyone! I'm so excited to play it more and especially learn how to fix it as it has problems. I loved opening it up and tweaking the Rocket Kick-Out angle bracket, yesterday.

Now I just have to beat The Gorilla's high score. It's really not mine until I do that.

Cheers,
Nick

#18 12 years ago

Though it ripped my heart to let it go, to see the joy on this young mans face when I was leaving almost completely made the woeful feelings go away. Congrats to you, NV! It is not only an awesome game but yours is as close to a high end restore without actually being one that I have ever seen!

Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

Wish I lived closer to T_G. I think he's officially the B_R of the North now.

Maybe....but I am now in retirement. I have a 3 game line up settled on now.

The only thing that might change it....is if WOZ is a flop. In other words...the chances of me changing the line up now are 1/10% of minuscule!

#19 12 years ago

I will most definitely have a ton of fun with this game. It is in great condition and I love the mods. I didn't realize it had floor lights till the sun went down. Heading over to play more tonight. Thanks again!

#20 12 years ago

Congratulations, Nick! TZ was my first game as well. I doubt I'll ever sell mine. It's still my favorite.

#21 12 years ago
Quoted from NickVegas:

I didn't realize it had floor lights till the sun went down

A:I wasn't sure if they were working
B:Sometimes little surprises make the day that much better

#22 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Maybe....but I am now in retirement. I have a 3 game line up settled on now.

So how many days/weeks until TS and JM are on the market?

#23 12 years ago

Nothing like jumping in with both feet! Congrats on the TZ...cool machine!

Why does Dredd look so short in that pic? Optical illusion?

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

So how many days/weeks until TS and JM are on the market?

Quoted from The_Gorilla:

The only thing that might change it....is if WOZ is a flop. In other words...the chances of me changing the line up now are 1/10% of minuscule!

#25 12 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Why does Dredd look so short in that pic? Optical illusion?

Its half illusion, half true. The legs have some problems, and I need new leg brackets. I'll be fixing it tonight probably. Its the back legs, the incline is less so its stable til it gets fixed.

#26 12 years ago

Hey TG was my best customer...why do you think I am slowing down the buy/selling as well

J/K gorilla...giving you a hard time

Congrats on the TZ!!!

#27 12 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

I am slowing down the buy/selling as well

Remind me tonight...we need to talk. VERY need.

#28 12 years ago

Gratz from me as well! I did the same thing a few weeks ago (bought a TZ for a first pin)... don't think I've stopped playing or tweaking the thing for a single night. POWERBAAAALLL.

#29 12 years ago

Twilight Zone was also my first pin purchase just a little over two years ago. Now I have 6 great pins (not including the 10 others I have purchased and sold along the way) and WOZ on the horizon keeps me excited. My point is, make room for more and always keep your first!
TZ is a great game, congrats!

#30 12 years ago

WOW Nice first game!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 132.00
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-first-pinball-machine-tz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.