(Topic ID: 38361)

My first pinball machine and I have a question (Jurassic Park)

By my5es

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Miknan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

jp.jpg

#1 7 years ago

I took delivery of a Jurassic Park pinball machine today. It is in great condition. This is dream come true, I have wanted a pinball machine since 1991 and to day I got one

Anyway, I have no experience with pinballs and I'm overly cautious as you may expect. I have figured out the play field but not the backglass. How do I open the back glass area? there is a key slot at the top but when I unlock it I can't figure out how to open it, the manual shows it opening like a car door and stated to first remove the back glass but I can't figure out how to.

Thank you in advance.

Mike

#2 7 years ago

if the key turns, you should be able to lift the backglass up an inch and lift it out. The lock just keeps the top of the glass from going any higher, thus when you unlock it, allows for it to be removed.

#3 7 years ago

Turn key, lift up backglass from the bottom, then slide it out by pulling out and letting it slide down. Once the backglass is out, you'll see a white board with lights on it. Should be a latch on the right you lift up and open it like a car door.

#4 7 years ago

JP was my first pin too!!! Congrats!!!

#5 7 years ago

Thank you so much, I just did not want to do anything wrong or break something. Thanks again. Here is a picture

jp.jpg

#6 7 years ago

Congrats. Good luck at stopping at one!

#7 7 years ago

Hi Mike! Welcome! JP was my first pin too, and I was clueless when I got it. The guys above told you correctly. Good luck with it and there are plenty of people here that are willing to help. I'm still a pin newbie but will be glad to help if I can. If/when you decide to mod yours any, there are a few good threads where people have added lights, dinos, and in my case even a goat.

#8 7 years ago

Congrats on the new game enjoy ..... play more pinball

#9 7 years ago

Congrats on your first pin! JP is a great one and I certainly love mine!!

#10 7 years ago

Thanks for the info and warm reception gentlemen. I'm happy to be apart of the community.

#11 7 years ago

So you can maybe get help from locals, it would be nice to know where you are.

Congrats on JP, it's a great pin.

Love mine.

RussMyers

2 weeks later
#12 7 years ago

I just bought JP two weeks ago. It's my first pin. I've had a couple issues so far but had been able to fix them on my own. I've never soldered before, but it worked out fine. Enjoy the pin, my family and I adore it.

Peace

#13 7 years ago

I just picked up a JP myself last night. A few minor adjustments to make but my kids and myself are enjoying it!

#14 7 years ago

Just an update, we are loving the machine. Got new balls for it and converting to LED lights.

I am completely new to pins other than paying them, and don't want to mess anything up on it.

How do I enter audit mode? Is it the two vertical buttons right inside the coin door?

Thanks

#15 7 years ago

Your manual should tell you but you open coin door and to the right should be a black and green button...ensure the green button is depressed and hit the black button this will take you into audits and adjustments...use the black button to move to the next catagory if you want to go in reverse press the green button then the black...the sttart button with change what ever option you are currently looking at............. to enter the diagnostics menu turn on or restart machine ensuee green button is pressed in then hit the black button....hope this helps

#16 7 years ago

it does, thanks

3 months later
#17 7 years ago

I just recently got a Jurassic Park pinball machine and we cannot find the key to reset the game. Before it was powered down, it worked just fine. I got it after a remodel and after it was powered down, it will not allow me to play.

Any advice as to how to get a key?

#18 7 years ago

I have no advice on how to get a key, but any lock on a pinball should be REALLY easy to pick. Just look up some videos of it and give it a try.

#19 7 years ago

I'm a newbie also. The one thing I've learned is don't be afraid your going to mess it up (within reason). If you are going to learn you have to dive in. Best tips I've learned so far? Most of my problems have been loose/bad connections that were easily fixed. If you take something out, take lots of pictures so you know where the wires go and how that piece goes back in. I get discouraged when my machine keeps having problems but excited and pretty proud of myself when I'm able to fix it. Enjoy, I think JP is a pretty fun game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Top-Notch Target Shields
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Full Tilt Pinball LEDs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside