7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 5.58.04 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scot0308.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 7 years ago

For 3000 you can get a better game than the ones listed above. My advice is stick with a Bally or Williams. They are typically better quality, gameplay and easier to sell. Every machine that I own I didn't play much before purchasing them. Use the rankings and values on this site as a guideline to value and gameplay. Depending on location price may vary. Check archived comps on this site and compare those listings to games you look at. Don't forget that mods and condition can change the value quite a bit.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Thanks for the input, the other one I have wanted to ever it Terminator 2, finding one near me has been challenging. You mentioned there are better games out there for around 3k what would u recommend if you where to get one in that range scot0308

I tend to try and find any games in my price range that come up on Craigslist and watch youtube videos to see if I'm interested. It might take a year or so to find the game you want. I'm way too impatient to wait that long so I only consider what's available when it comes up. Based on the games that you are mentioning theme seems to be a big selling point. With that in mind T2, Demolition Man, and Judge Dredd can be had at around 2300 and listings for all three come up often. I would also include Bram Stoker's Dracula, but its a tough game, might be too chalenging for a noob and will run closer to 3000. Other good options are No Good Gofers (probably run a couple hundred above 3000), Indy 500, Fish Tales, The Shadow (This is the one I would buy in your price range, but it's hard to find), The Getaway (I own this game. Guests love it. Great flow and speed), Whirlwind (I own this one also and love it. Its a system 11 so no dmd. Doesn't look as modern). I've always been very intrigued with Last Action Hero. That can be had under $2000 and I've heard great things about it. If you go to $4000 you should be able to get a newer Stern. I just picked up a lightly routed Kiss Pro in great shape for $3800.

#28 7 years ago

Anyone else looking to get rid of a Metallica pro around 3k?

Quoted from o-din:

$1800 worth of LEDs?

$1400 for a JD? Would need to be in pretty rough shape to find that kind of deal.

OP - Good choice. If you're willing to spend 3k you might as well spend an extra $1500 for a newer HUO stern. Especially if you have no experience fixing machines.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

ya i got real LOL, spent around $5k, probably the best money i have ever spend haha

Yep, just don't tell your wife how much you spent. She will certainly disagree.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 85.00
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scot0308.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-first-pinball-game-what-to-get-around-3k?tu=scot0308 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.