(Topic ID: 21390)

My First Pin - SFII

By mrSATURN2012

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Just want to brag about my awesome family...my parents and my lovely wife got me a Street Fighter II this weekend. Total surprise; walked in after work and there they were with the game all lit up. My eyes must have grown to the size of grapefruits!

I had some friends over who haven't played pinball forever...that's what makes this hobby so cool...

Pics to come!

#2 11 years ago

Awesome gift! I'd love an SFII

#3 11 years ago

Big congrats on your first pin. Enjoy playing the heck out of it!

#4 11 years ago

What a cool surprise, have fun with it

#5 11 years ago

Congrats.

I haven't played much SFII, but the times I did, I had fun with it. I'm guessing now that I'm more into pins it would take me a bit to get used to the Gottlieb feel that I used to not notice, but the theme would still be a winner in my book.

I'm sure buying you a pin would have been surprise enough, but having it already moved and setup for you was probably a real shocker.

#6 11 years ago

Congrats! This won't be the last!!!

#7 11 years ago

Congrats! SFII was also my first pin and I still own it.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from vster23:

Congrats! SFII was also my first pin and I still own it.

Awesome! I actually got to Champion Challenge once; I loved it when the game went dark like an inevitable storm and then goes crazy.

I like how you can rack up a lot of points by NOT defeating the fighters. Gives the game more depth IMO. Gotta go for TORPEDO multiball and "Shoot the Bracelet Target"!

Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

Congrats! This won't be the last!!!

Don't let the wife hear you...she may have gotten me this one, but she said this is the only one unless we get a bigger house.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from mrSATURN2012:

I like how you can rack up a lot of points by NOT defeating the fighters.

It's crazy. I've competed Champion Challenge twice in a game, yet it wasn't even my highest score. I find the most points can be scored in the 2-ball multiball by saving the Sagat or Dhalsim shot until the end (hitting Ken/Ryu and Guile first) then repeatedly hitting it as your last lit shot. The last shot stays lit until you lose a ball and is worth something like 300mil (I think). But, after you lose the ball, it will reset back to the original shots if you have completed all of them, so you have to make it count!

#10 11 years ago

Yeah, seriously. If you can land the skill shot and then hit the bracelet target, that's 40 mil right off the bat. The next step is to beat Bison, Balrog, and E.Honda to get toward the TORPEDO multi-ball. That helps build a good score.

When I got the Champion Challenge, I drained on my last ball with only 60 mil. Weird that getting to the Wizard mode can be started so easily...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-first-pin-sfii and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.