image-524.jpg
image-653.jpg
image-45.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
firstday.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Finally got my first pin. Can't wait to get home from work and start playing! Here's a sneak peak.

The legs are a little rusty so I'm thinking about getting the legs and some of the other parts chromed to go with the T2 theme. Where do I go to get something like this done?

firstday.jpgfirstday.jpg
#2 9 years ago
Quoted from Ryu21:

The legs are a little rusty so I'm thinking about getting the legs and some of the other parts chromed to go with the T2 theme.

Congrats!!! Save your monies on chroming and just used steel wool or some de-rusting juice...you'll need that cash for the next machine...and the next...etc.

Or just buy them new.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=715

#3 9 years ago

Congrats on your first pin.
Some around here might say that pinball and in general buying more is addictive.

#4 9 years ago

TheLaw is right-
The legs will most likely come clean very easily. In less than an hours work you can save a lot of cash.
T2 is a great pin!

#5 9 years ago

Congrats! As many have mentioned the legs will more than likely clean up with some elbow grease. Hit em up with some steel wool or have at em on a buffer/wire wheel

#6 9 years ago

Congrats. T2 was my very first pin, too, (along with a Comet) about 14 yrs ago. The Comet is long gone, but the T2 is a keeper. I'm sorry, I don't know how to help with the chroming... but I felt your joy, so I wanted to give you a shout out.

#7 9 years ago

There's rust remover stuff that does a great job just by soaking the legs in them for a couple days. Make sure you clear coat them afterwards to keep the rust from coming back. I took a 4" PVC pipe and glued an end cap on then you can put 2 legs in there and fill up with rust remover. Way better than steel wool.

#8 9 years ago

congrats, that was my first pin too

#9 9 years ago

T2 is a great first pin, congrats!

#10 9 years ago

T2 - awesome!

#11 9 years ago

My 2nd.....cool man.....enjoy.........Joeyimage.jpgimage.jpg

#12 9 years ago

You will need some$$$ for one of these as well...lol..........Joeyimage.jpgimage.jpg

#13 9 years ago

Thelaw is right, save the legs to save the money for your next ten pins! Congrats on the game!

#14 9 years ago

GREAT pIN ! CONGRATS And welcome to the Pin purchasing madness !! I say not even 6 months and a second one will be bought if not sooner . Ha!!!

#15 9 years ago

You are Superior.

Awesome choice I have owned my T 2 for about 12 years it's in great shape and a family favorite.
Welcome to the club, (T2 and pinball).

#16 9 years ago

T2 is on my wish list and climbing quickly. Congrats. It is an addiction for sure. Make sure you have extra room. Or just sell all of your large furniture now

#17 9 years ago

Nice! COngrats on the purchase. T2 is a whole lot of fun!

Careful... pinball and pinball buying is an addiction!

#18 9 years ago

Great pick for a first game. T2 is one of my favorites. it needs mirror blades and cool white LEDs in the GI to brighten up the game. I like to remove the center and outlane post from the playfield to make it harder for home use.

#19 9 years ago

T2 has held up well, it's kind of like a system 11 on steroids. Steel wool those legs and you will be golden.

#20 9 years ago

Here are some pics!

Bumpers near the flippers don't seem to bounce. Is that an easy fix?

image.jpgimage.jpg image-45.jpgimage-45.jpg image-653.jpgimage-653.jpg image-524.jpgimage-524.jpg image-305.jpgimage-305.jpg
#21 9 years ago

Nice score!!!!congrats...

#22 9 years ago

Congrats. T2 was my first pin too...10 years ago. They'll be more.

Look for some vids on YouTube on how to use the menus and self diagnostics. Familiarize yourself with the switch matrix.

This page has good info too
http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC

If you're not opposed to donating twenty bucks I'd suggest to subscribing to pinballninja.com. Tons of repair videos.

Sale is over but here's a link to a thread telling you how to donate.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballninjacom-sale-15-off

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from Ryu21:

Here are some pics!

Bumpers near the flippers don't seem to bounce. Is that an easy fix?

looks good and looks like it already has LEDs. You're missing the Hunter Killer ship assembly.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-14795

Slingshot switches probably just need adjusting. i like to replace those 4 switches because after 25 years of use they're usually beat up and covered with playfield cleaner residue and crud.

#24 9 years ago

radical!
looks like half of your GI (right side) is out. reseat ribbons on boards, j120, j121. look at j120 etc connectors on driver board for toast . you can clean up the legs with coke and tin foil..seriously.

hasta la vista.....baby.

#25 9 years ago

Nice man! Hell yeah! I just got my first T2 pin also not to long ago. It was the only pin I played when I was a kid,never did like anything else. Don't know why lol
The pin to me was just made perfect!

Unfortunately for me, it will only be the only pin since all the space is filled up with arcade cabs.

Enjoy man! Game is so much fun and addicting!!

2 weeks later
#26 9 years ago

So how is it going man....you hitting those supa's yet....???!!!..........Joey

#27 9 years ago

Hit one Super, then line another one up quickly and hit it again. Awesome!

#28 9 years ago

use aluminum foil and water on the legs. will remove the rust and shine them up. look it up. people use it on their bikes to clean the chrome pipes.

#29 9 years ago

Second on the aluminum foil and coke if they aren't too rusty. Otherwise get them powdercoated black like mine, OR even sand a little and hit them with black spray paint.

Also get the inexpensive piece of red film for the DMD.

Enjoy.

20150129_185250.jpg20150129_185250.jpg

#30 9 years ago

T2 was my first also. I recommend not trying to match my games previously owned that I have done in 5 years. It'll drive you nuts!

Congrats.

#31 9 years ago

Just buy nice new legs. They aren't that expensive.
We need an update!

#32 9 years ago

New legs and plastic cabinet protectors is the way to go. Clean up the nght old ones and get them ready for your next game or sell them for mod money.

#33 9 years ago

T2 was also my first pin! It's gone but I know I'll have another one one day when I have more room! Congrats!t2 gameroom.jpgt2 gameroom.jpg

#34 9 years ago

T2 was my first pin too! Great game!

#35 9 years ago

Love my T2, it is one of the easiest machines to mod.

I should have the chrome decal shop open again soon. It has been closed since I am moving.

http://www.jean-luc-picard.com

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-chrome-cap-decals-helps-with-led-caps

www.jean-luc-picard.comwww.jean-luc-picard.com

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Second on the aluminum foil and coke if they aren't too rusty. Otherwise get them powdercoated black like mine, OR even sand a little and hit them with black spray paint.
Also get the inexpensive piece of red film for the DMD.
Enjoy.

20150129_185250.jpg 170 KB

I never used the coke method. I may try it. Water worked great for me every time so why change.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

I never used the coke method. I may try it. Water worked great for me every time so why change.

I tried water too and coke works way better. If you use Diet Coke, it works about the same as regular coke, but it isn't sticky afterwards. Use a bunch like the guy does in this video. He doesn't even use aluminum foil and it works great.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

tried water too and coke works way better

I've done 16 legs with coke and tin foil. best results!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 21.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-first-pin-is-a-t2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.