(Topic ID: 158545)

My first pin! Help me bring it back to the land of the living.

By Jartog

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Jartog
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fredsmythson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 7 years ago

I would inspect, clean and adjust all of the contacts on the score reels. Also, manually operate the score reels with the machine powered off... Just press in the plunger on the solenoid/coil of the score reel and see if the reel will easily turn and "click" to the next number position. If the score reel doesn't turn properly, or is sluggish, you'll probably have to take the score reel apart and clean it... The grease that they used at the factory to lube the hub of the score reel can gum up over time and cause problems with the score reel operation...

#18 7 years ago

There is only one "score motor" in the machine and it's located on the main board at the bottom of the main cabinet. You might be looking at the player unit in the the backbox. Yes, if the player unit is not operating properly, it can cause scoring and reset issues. You can manually operate the player unit to see if it advances and resets properly...

Not sure where we are at now... Maybe you can power off the machine, and then power it on again. Is the machine in tilt or game over mode? Then try to start a game. What happens when you press the start button?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fredsmythson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-first-pin-help-me-bring-it-back-to-the-land-of-the-living?tu=fredsmythson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.