Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7242 (resized).jpg
IMG_7232 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

First, I want to thank everyone in this forum for all of their guidance and help as I've asked questions for the last few months. Special thanks to Daditude who even pm'ed me with a ton of advice and to help answer additional questions that I hadn't even thought of yet.

As of last night I now have a pinball machine in my house and couldn't be more excited. It's my first and from what I can tell based on other posts here "the first of many".

It's a one owner and was in a Family Entertainment Center. I happened to know the owners and GM and asked them if they had any contacts who sell used pinballs just to see what options they might have access too that I wasn't seeing locally. They said "we'll sell you ours" and they offered me a heck of a deal to take it off their hands. So I went to the wife and said "I'm going to need to increase my budget for a much newer machine and she said "go for it". I really wanted a modern pinball so it was perfect and she told me we should put it a side area of our living room next to a multicade and not stick in the garage haha. You know you've married the "one" when...

PS - The coin door flap is there in case that's driving anyone else nuts in the picture. My daughter apparently was playing with it this morning and made it stick up. I didn't notice it until after I took this picture.

IMG_7232 (resized).jpgIMG_7232 (resized).jpgIMG_7242 (resized).jpgIMG_7242 (resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

Great game! Congrats

#3 3 years ago

Congratulations. Next time Cactus Jack’s Silverball Showdown happens come on out and meet the tournament crowd. There is a podcaster near you Travis M.

#4 3 years ago

Assuming there is "no more space" that arcade cab is gone in the next 3 months and theres another pin in its place.

#5 3 years ago

Time for a sub-woofer.

#6 3 years ago

Congrats and welcome to the hobby! Walking Dead was one of my first pins as well when it came out. Fantastic game. Shoots really well and is a fun challenging pin. Enjoy and I’m sure you’ll be on the lookout for number two sometime soon.

#7 3 years ago

Get the alternate soundtrack for it but i see you have little ones so maybe want to keep it stock depending on if your ok with kids hearing some of the profanity. I really like the pro TWD. The ramps are like butter. Have fun!

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Get the alternate soundtrack for it but i see you have little ones so maybe want to keep it stock depending on if your ok with kids hearing some of the profanity. I really like the pro TWD. The ramps are like butter. Have fun!

What's the alternate soundtrack? I'm not familiar with that.

I noticed in the current firmware there's something in the settings for content and/or adult mode. It's off and I haven't turned it on to see what changes or not. I noticed currently I don't hear many characters talking and/or theme music when I play but I've only played a couple times since setting it up.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from jvivlemore:

I noticed in the current firmware there's something in the settings for content and/or adult mode. It's off and I haven't turned it on to see what changes or not. I noticed currently I don't hear many characters talking and/or theme music when I play but I've only played a couple times since setting it up.

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/cleland/contact PM him and ask for recent Pro code.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from jvivlemore:

I run it in my TWD. Someone (Cleland?) updated the callouts and I believe the music too. I assume the pin rules are the same. Definitely NOT family friendly.

#11 3 years ago

I’m tempted to rebuy a Walking Dead just to hear this code as it wasn’t around when I owned one the first time and would love to hear this especially after having his great code on the GOTG pin. Amazing how well these audio sounds integrate into the game.

#12 3 years ago

Excellent title. I had one come through my hands recently, and absolutely, should have kept it around. Will require.

#13 3 years ago

Could anyone give me a comparison of the factory code vs what Cleland built? IE: What is added and/or removed? Can I revert back if I make the change?

I do have kids, however, they've all watched the actual show so unless it's a ton of f bombs over and over again might be OK with it.

I also noticed there was a content filter in the menu for the pin already. It's set to 'OFF' now and haven't turned it on yet to see what gets added to the experience

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from jvivlemore:

Could anyone give me a comparison of the factory code vs what Cleland built? IE: What is added and/or removed? Can I revert back if I make the change?
I do have kids, however, they've all watched the actual show so unless it's a ton of f bombs over and over again might be OK with it.
I also noticed there was a content filter in the menu for the pin already. It's set to 'OFF' now and haven't turned it on yet to see what gets added to the experience

You can revert back to original. There is an R rated and regular version available for the pro. There are callouts from the show, it’s a great upgrade on an already great game.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from jvivlemore:

...I do have kids, however, they've all watched the actual show so unless it's a ton of f bombs over and over again might be OK with it...

Yep, it can shout out multiple F bombs. And a few other phrases that are worse. I even warn the adults that play it for the first time. LOL

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Yep, it can shout out multiple F bombs. And a few other phrases that are worse. I even warn the adults that play it for the first time. LOL

Good to know! Sounds like I should definitely install the regular version then. I'll shoot him a DM. Thanks.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from jvivlemore:

Good to know! Sounds like I should definitely install the regular version then. I'll shoot him a DM. Thanks.

I should add, the content filter in the menu doesn't appear to work in the Cleland version.

#18 3 years ago

The first thing you should do is add a ColorDMD. They did a great job with the colorization of the animations. It's worth every penny on TWD.

Congratulations on your first game. You made a great choice. My TWD is never leaving.

#19 3 years ago

ColorDMD - Should I be looking for LCD or LED? I see there's a retailer at colordmd.com. Is that where everyone buys them?

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from jvivlemore:

ColorDMD - Should I be looking for LCD or LED? I see there's a retailer at colordmd.com. Is that where everyone buys them?

I have the LED version in TWD and ST and an LCD version in GB. The LED version will have spaces between the LED's, but the colors are bright and vivid (pictures don't really show it tho). In the pix below, the 15,000,000 looks a little orange, but it's really a bright red

LCD: As you can see, no gaps. But the colors are somewhat muted compared to the LED. It also has other modes (i.e. can emulated the look of LED's, etc.)

Just a personal preference. Colordmd.com - yep, that's where you'd buy it.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#21 3 years ago

oops, dup post

#22 3 years ago

The Walking Dead is a Great game! I wound up trading mine but think I’m going to get another at some point hopefully a LE.

#23 3 years ago

Nice choice!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 26.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-first-pin-amp-thanks-to-the-community and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.