Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Gorgar123
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9A740EB3-5AE8-4A94-83C6-19C54DD92F18 (resized).jpeg
    4AEA4129-0B36-4806-875D-34EF1ECF6D00 (resized).jpeg
    D5C373CD-E437-4C05-9396-DAA2088C115E (resized).jpeg
    7C9D5333-2A97-4D04-AA2D-A4EB6627A617 (resized).jpeg
    785B17BA-BFF0-47DC-A284-8F2DE4A0075D (resized).jpeg
    23C5AFB5-A3DB-47A1-832D-B2B1C46AF953 (resized).jpeg
    751C5563-4266-4086-90B3-6408288ADFFD (resized).jpeg
    993266FB-2D72-47AA-B964-182170511361 (resized).jpeg
    F4AB2A74-0DB5-486E-9C8F-3D2A6A3268FE (resized).jpeg
    ECE6FD35-3B43-4CA1-B95D-04DA9BE48525 (resized).jpeg

#1 8 months ago

Hey guys my names Sheldon. I am from Saskatoon Saskatchewan Canada. I truly love the game and have got to the opportunity to finally afford a Newer Stern .

For my first I really love the Metallica and boy have they been hard to find.
    I am debating on pulling the trigger from Dan at DC Amusements’s in Ontario . It would be coming roughly over 1000kms. No where will insure a game this high in value .

I have read buy local for your first pin. I could buy a NIB but I really only want Metallica.

How risky is it to ship? What’s your experience? Who’s the best?

What would you veterans tell a first time buyer. The tables been fully redone i have lots of photos and don’t expect a brand new machine .

Metallica pro from Dan would be about 9k Canadian shipped to the door. No room to move.
    What’s your thoughts on this value?

Here are some pics

I appreciate any help and info

23C5AFB5-A3DB-47A1-832D-B2B1C46AF953 (resized).jpeg4AEA4129-0B36-4806-875D-34EF1ECF6D00 (resized).jpeg751C5563-4266-4086-90B3-6408288ADFFD (resized).jpeg785B17BA-BFF0-47DC-A284-8F2DE4A0075D (resized).jpeg7C9D5333-2A97-4D04-AA2D-A4EB6627A617 (resized).jpeg993266FB-2D72-47AA-B964-182170511361 (resized).jpeg9A740EB3-5AE8-4A94-83C6-19C54DD92F18 (resized).jpegD5C373CD-E437-4C05-9396-DAA2088C115E (resized).jpegECE6FD35-3B43-4CA1-B95D-04DA9BE48525 (resized).jpegF4AB2A74-0DB5-486E-9C8F-3D2A6A3268FE (resized).jpeg
    #3 8 months ago

I wouldn't ship without insurance. Unless you can stand a $9K loss.

Maybe people in your area can come up with a better solution.

LTG : )

#4 8 months ago

I am not in Canada but price would be a bit high in the states. There is someone else in Saskatoon with a Metallica on pinside. I would reach out to him and ask how he got his there in Canada. You might also be able to buy his for less than that.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/smokedog

#5 8 months ago

Try posting in https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell

It's very active, lots of folks out West posting there

I'm not going to say to NEVER buy from a retailer, but you're likely going to pay a premium.

#6 8 months ago

At that price I would expect a color DMD, as mentioned above your paying a premium because he’s a retailer. If I was you I would wait for a local one.

#7 8 months ago

How long have you been looking? Impatience in buying often results in overpaying. Shipping isn’t usually a big deal, but this is your first pin. It’s better to buy a game you can see and play first, if possible.

#8 8 months ago

I have been looking thoroughly for probably 3 months. Just got on pinside though . I’m thinking this site will be my best chance.

I have only had the full cash on hand for a month however.
    I will take your guys advice and be patient.

What do you guys think is the CDN value of a Metallica PRO.

I bugged Smokedog from Pokeys Cafe a lot . He won’t sell me his haha .

I have 3 kids I might be a one and done for who knows how long .

I’m a huge Metallica fan that and Maiden would be the only games I see myself being worth it.

I love the JP pro but I know if I get that one I’m gonna kick myself a week later.

#9 8 months ago

It depends on how handy you are.
    It is a pinball MACHINE. Things WILL BREAK. You must fix them on your own.

You can pay someone but that’s expensive.

Metallic is a cool game but it’s a basic fan layout and they made a crap ton of them. JP is loaded and has a lot of awesome features, Maiden also has a very satisfying rule set with lots to do.

#10 8 months ago
    Quoted from sammiesguys:

Impatience in buying often results in overpaying.

This is 100% accurate. It’s like money burning a hole in your pocket when you’re a little kid in a candy store.

I’m guilty of it as well. I was considering paying almost $2k more than fair market value for a game just because I really wanted it and it rarely comes up for sale.

Fortunately, I maintained discipline, and didn’t do it (I bought a different machine instead that was almost a steal).

Sure, it wasn’t my grail machine, but I certainly feel a lot better about the deal I got.

Good luck!

#11 8 months ago

MET’s come up quite often, 9k for a used Met sounds pretty steep to me. Better have a color dmd, and lots of mods for that price. You could get a different NIB premium from Nitro or player one for under 10k. I would contact one of them and find out if you can get a NiB IMDN premium hopefully sometime in June. Theme is not everything in pinball, and although MET is a great game, I’m sure the pro is not worth 9k. If it is maybe I should look into selling my heavily modded pro, might get 10k for a game I bought for 7k! Nowadays, this is the way.

#12 8 months ago
    Quoted from CanadianPinboy:

I have been looking thoroughly for probably 3 months. Just got on pinside though . I’m thinking this site will be my best chance.
    I have only had the full cash on hand for a month however.
    I will take your guys advice and be patient.
    What do you guys think is the CDN value of a Metallica PRO.
    I bugged Smokedog from Pokeys Cafe a lot . He won’t sell me his haha .
    I have 3 kids I might be a one and done for who knows how long .
    I’m a huge Metallica fan that and Maiden would be the only games I see myself being worth it.
    I love the JP pro but I know if I get that one I’m gonna kick myself a week later.

Did you create a WTB ad on here? That will likely get you some offers, even though some may be terrible. But you only need one to get what you want.

#13 8 months ago

Danny at DC is a great guy and you can trust him 100%. He charges more because he’s a business trying to make a living.

#14 8 months ago

I don't even think of going over to Metallica where I play games, not that good in my opinion. AC/DC that's a whole different story.

#15 8 months ago

I appreciate all the feedback you guys! Especially not flaming a newbie! I will for sure take my time now hearing from experienced people. I see there is a Iron Maiden premium on sale here to for 7500 from Rhode Island I am thinking there might be import and custom fees to? Second owner looks in great condition. I know very little about that game and AC/DC.

Also great to hear that feedback I think for 9k I was gonna questioning anyone but Nitro of a possible scam and or ghosting me haha .

#16 8 months ago
    Quoted from CanadianPinboy:

I appreciate all the feedback you guys! Especially not flaming a newbie! I will for sure take my time now hearing from experienced people. I see there is a Iron Maiden premium on sale here to for 7500 from Rhode Island I am thinking there might be import and custom fees to? Second owner looks in great condition. I know very little about that game and AC/DC.
    Also great to hear that feedback I think for 9k I was gonna questioning anyone but Nitro of a possible scam and or ghosting me haha .

Do yourself a favour and contact Tommy from Nitro, he will give you a good idea if IMDN is available in June NIB!

#17 8 months ago
    Quoted from Indusguys:

Do yourself a favour and contact Tommy from Nitro, he will give you a good idea if IMDN is available in June NIB!

Got into contact with Tommy ! Im thinking a new inbox maiden will be mine .

#18 8 months ago

Metallica pros rarely come up for sale up here. Think I've seen less then five in six plus years listed in Alberta/Saskatchewan. 9k is very steep without color dmd, shaker, etc. You could get/find premiums/roadcase for 10k so I'd go that route personally if Metallica is the game you want.

Maiden premium would be a great nib buy. Plus you can always go to Pokeys to play MET pro!

#19 8 months ago

You have great taste as MET Pro and Maiden Premium are my two favorite games I have owned and the only way I would get rid of either is if I was getting out of the hobby.

Either one would be awesome as a first pin, but for a one pin collection, I would probably go with the Maiden Premium.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside