Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180908_161413 (resized).jpg
20180908_161419 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

If you're getting Hobbit def get it used.... Save a ton

Skip Hobbit and get Woz or DI.

#16 5 years ago

If I was starting over with only two pins it would be:

Woz (or DI LE)
AFM remake (greatly prefer the LE for the topper).

Less cost alternative consider Met pro or TWD pro in place of AFM remake.

I don’t know but IMO Woz and DI seem to be under appreciated they both have so much to offer it’s mind blowing sometimes.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from ellusionist:

If you were going to get the The Hobbit, what would be your other Pin you would purchase? A used or new?
Cheers!

AFM is for real.

At first I didn’t think it would be deep enough after all with modern games having such deeper rules but once I got AFM I’ve played it more than anything I’ve had on the first 3 month of ownership and it just gets better.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from rufessor:

Wanted to explicitly state something so you consider it carefully. Think carefully about how you will use the games in terms of time allotment. I rarely get to play pinball for a block of time, I usually am turning on games and running one or two games through a game and then bouncing to whatever I have to do next. In that scenario any game that has a long ball time is out for me, I would literally have to shut it off a good part of the time I was playing it. So I have a bunch of older games that have short ball times and still provide a challenge, but I don't get the deep rule set. For me its an awesome trade and I love playing my games and it all works- FOR me.
Also, if every game you have is typified by super long play, its not nearly as fun to play with friends unless you really like to watch and they do to. You need variety if your going to have a lineup.

I believe this is why I sold LotR because it was a commitment to get deeper into the game.

I won’t say Tron or AFM are better but I can play a five minute game and feel like I did well.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

I have a small space for three pins and made the first one a Hobbit Black Arrow! The only advice I would dare give you is try to hunt these pins down and play them! I spent months watching SDTM, Dead flip and Buffalo Pinball streams and reviews, I obsessively researched via the forums like pinside and in the end I was convinced that I would pick up a Dialed In and ACDC as my first two pins.
Lets fast forward to me then actually being able to go and play these pins. I made Dialed In my first play and (this is just my humble opinion) I did not enjoy it. I played about 12 to 15 games on it and that was enough for me to move on. Without going into the details it just did not fit what I seem to like in a game. Mind you there are things I did like just not enough to grab me to spend the money. I saw the hobbit and honestly had no interest in playing since what I read and watched appeared to again not cater to what i thought I liked.....
After wrapping up on a ACDC which I liked and am still considering I decided that I had to at the very least play one ball of the hobbit and in doing so spent the rest of my time at this place playing the hobbit. I fell in love with it, and ended up buying one for my first pin of the three I will eventually get. For me its a real solid pin with lots to keep me engaged. My point is I would NEVER had known this had I not played it.
Another one that surprised me was Iron Maiden as I have never listened to the band and again had no interest in playing it. I played one on vacation (only pin at the location)and you could not tear me off it. Loved the flow and the music went well with pinball. I am now heavily considering it over the ACDC. For me I am stuck between the ACDC, Iron Maiden or Star Wars LE as I played all three and liked all three a lot
Regardless I wish you the best and hope you get to play a few before pulling the trigger!

I agree play the games, but like you I didn’t love DI initially, I believe it was meh.. but now it’s great. Happened after owning the pin. I picked it up for a steal so I figured worse case I’d sell it for what I paid. But now it’s so good almost beyond words.

But that’s just my opinion others may disagree.

I will say playing a few games is not the same as owning when you can set it up properly and get to know the game at your own pace.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 11.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-first-pin-7?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.