0B2B8BD8-F1D0-41FC-9EC1-F1F1E787E473_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
9631E206-4679-4012-972F-D27B2DE0EC3A (resized).jpeg
8632DFB4-CB10-48AC-ACC6-4630AE0806CF (resized).jpeg
tenor (resized).png
FF1C9E07-0927-4BFE-A323-29BF8D236578.gif
2DCA30D8-8093-4C2B-90B9-FF9B50A43701 (resized).jpeg
A8EEF11A-1710-40C6-9BCF-8DC49E48F1F2 (resized).jpeg
F3BCD067-41D9-41C2-AD33-CF06A480ED85 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Damonator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#137 1 year ago

flynnibus - re-using the old box as a shell when strapping to the pallet is simply an extra layer of protection. The boxes also have great indications of which side is the truck only side. I blanket and shrink a pin thoroughly before the box goes on so it's much better protected than the way it is shipped from the factory. This is what it looks like before the box goes on:

8632DFB4-CB10-48AC-ACC6-4630AE0806CF (resized).jpeg8632DFB4-CB10-48AC-ACC6-4630AE0806CF (resized).jpeg

As for Craig, I've dealt with him on several occasions over the years and he's been honest and professional every time. Providing an in-home warranty at MSRP is actually more service than 99% of us are getting at MSRP.

#139 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

That is worse because you don’t want anyone to hand truck a palleted box at all and unless you are using the inserts the game and box are not locked together … inviting mishandling.
If you are not using the system of pieces as designed… it’s nothing but a floating thin cardboard shell that doesn’t provide anything but inviting mishandling. The box is not supported and can’t support the contents without shifting itself or the contents.
The Floating cardboard halo is doesn’t help - it only obscures the load inviting mishandling because it suggests capabilities you don’t actually have.
You are better off shipping it just as you showed it bundled up - which looks well protected

The game and box are not "locked" together with Sterns boxing either. I've had numerous decals damaged with NIB games because the heavy legs become dislodged and scrape along the side of the game. I'll put my packing up against Sterns any day of the week and I'll win every time - I've yet to have a game get damaged using my method. The blanketing and wrapping are very snug inside the box.

If you think how you pallet a game makes any difference in whether it's hand-trucked or forked or handled in general - you are fooling yourself.

#143 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:Ask HEP why he doesn’t use a box around his loads and builds centered loads on oversized pallets. It’s trying to preempt the dummies and make your preferred way to be the easiest way for them to move your load.

If you look at my pic, you'll see that the load is centered and anchored to an oversized pallet. The pin is shrinked and blanketed so that the box barely slides over the top - every bit as snug as the Stern system, but much better protected. It's certainly not loose like you are imagining.

Again - if you think they won't stack something on top of an unboxed pin - you are very wrong as I just had this happen last week with a palleted game not covered by a box. I actually keep the Stern styrofoam that goes over the coin door and use that along with "do not stack" stickers on the box - but shippers will do whatever they want.

Palleted items are moved with a forklift or hand forks almost exclusively - in over 50 shipments I've never had a guy use a dolly - the most important part is securely affixing the pin to the pallet.

This system works very well for me and I'll keep doing it as I think it's the best way to ship a pin. I've had *0* games get damaged unlike with Stern NIB games and games shipped on legs with STI.

Quoted from Palmer:

No one cares about boxes. Take it to PM.

Actually - the box conversation is more useful than this thread had become, but yea - I'm done now. Continue with the he said/she said...

#153 1 year ago
Quoted from tp:

Hold on now. Before you go nominating the most passionate box lover I have something to say. I love me some box too. You know the one. That special box.. The one my kids ruffed up on the way out...

This thread has enormous potential...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods
Plastics
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
$ 22.50
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
8,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auburn, NH
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winter Garden, FL
€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Damonator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-first-nib-purchase-experience-fun-in-mesquite-tx?tu=Damonator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.