0B2B8BD8-F1D0-41FC-9EC1-F1F1E787E473_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
9631E206-4679-4012-972F-D27B2DE0EC3A (resized).jpeg
8632DFB4-CB10-48AC-ACC6-4630AE0806CF (resized).jpeg
tenor (resized).png
FF1C9E07-0927-4BFE-A323-29BF8D236578.gif
2DCA30D8-8093-4C2B-90B9-FF9B50A43701 (resized).jpeg
A8EEF11A-1710-40C6-9BCF-8DC49E48F1F2 (resized).jpeg
F3BCD067-41D9-41C2-AD33-CF06A480ED85 (resized).jpeg
There are 201 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

OP isn't exactly the most patient person in this community. He sent me a snotty email at 3am because I didn't respond to his multiple new product requests three days prior. I get dozens of these requests a week, and OP couldn't wait for a response before sending me a shitty email lambasting my "service". It says right on my contact form that I cannot respond to all these requests at times (but I usually do anyway). 499 out of 500 people in this community are awesome...then there is Brian. He blocked me on Facebook when I brought this up to him today. So retailers in this community, be very careful engaging with Brian Burns.

So, the OP emails you wanting to do business with you on "multiple products", at least three days later you still haven't answered his emails, and then you show up here advising retailers to be careful engaging with HIM...? Seriously...???

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from galore2112:

Man, that DRAMA over a I swear, adults can be like highschool children.

Your development in life so far...^^^^^

(likely some dude in his 50s)

Reflect on this statement when your the grown up age of 50. With a little luck you might reach that age someday, or not.

#53 2 years ago
Quoted from apostle90125:

So, the OP emails you wanting to do business with you on "multiple products", at least three days later you still haven't answered his emails, and then you show up here advising retailers to be careful engaging with HIM...? Seriously...???

Quoted from JodyG:

It says right on my contact form that I cannot respond to all these requests at times

Even if he missed the information about responses, it's not like he placed an order and was ignored, right? I read "new product requests" as a request to create or stock a new product that the retailer doesn't currently sell.

#54 2 years ago

the guy wrote him asking about a product he didn't currently sell, to inquire whether or not he'd consider making it. Jody had zero responsibility or obligation to respond to him within the customer's self-imposed time-frame. My guess is that another day or two of patience would've gotten him a response. But even if not, by no means is an agitated entitlement email at 3am after the first request called for. And is for sure a sign of character, IMHO.

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from trecemaneras:

Even if he missed the information about responses, it's not like he placed an order and was ignored, right? I read "new product requests" as a request to create or stock a new product that the retailer doesn't currently sell.

Doesn't matter what you "read". The OP started this thread about an experience he had with a distributor who has proven time and time again to be dishonest. Who, besides friends of the dishonest vendor, or other dishonest vendors, are going to attack the OP? Let me answer that question: NO ONE.

Also, the OP politely requested that JodyG post the supposed email he received that somehow hurt him by waking him up at 3AM (wtf...?). He hasn't done that, so at this point, I have a hard time believing JodyG ever received an email from the OP. What I don't have a hard time believing is that JodyG is pals with Eddie Haskell... oops, excuse me... Craig Hassle - I'd wager money on that.

#56 2 years ago

Doesn't matter what you "read". The OP started

Ok

#57 2 years ago

the OP politely requested that JodyG post the supposed email he received that somehow hurt him by waking him up at 3AM (wtf...?). He hasn't done that, so at this point, I have a hard time believing JodyG ever received an email from the OP. What I don't have a hard time believing is that JodyG is pals with Eddie Haskell... oops, excuse me... Craig Hassle - I'd wager money on that.

Congratulations on all of your false conclusions based solely on your own gut feelings. Sounds like this case is closed, then.

#58 2 years ago

Craig posted this on Facebook in response. He also posted refund receipts.

"My company has been smeared by would be customer by Brian Burns of Arlington, Tx. His post is unjust and I feel the need to defend myself and my company as this person has blocked me and several fellow colleagues in the hobby/business who denounce his accusations as they have had similar bad experiences with this impulsive, entitled and difficult to work with customer, they like myself are blocked by Brian Burns with the inability to defend ourselves.
It’s a shame this had to go this way and I’ve tried to let it blow over, but the blatant lies with no proof are definitely on the grounds of defamation of character and borderline slander. So all that being said I’ll make my own post as my defense and let the jury make their decision as to how we handled this and know we will never sell to Brian Burns again and I’d advise others to proceed with caution. When dealing with this
Many false accusations were made in his post (that I can only see from people sending me screenshots)…since he has blocked me.
FALSE:
Fun required my game to be delivered and wanted to charge $150 for delivery and they put 65 games on my new machine.

TRUTH:
We DO NOT require a $150 delivery fee. Customers are always welcome to pick up their machines from our store free of charge. We do however require that a new pinball is unboxed / checked for concealed shipping damage (which happens more times than you think) and play tested for proper operation prior to or at pick up. This is to ensure the game leaves our store free of damage and to preemptively squash an immediate in home unnecessary service call. At the request of Mr. Burns we photographed his boxed pinball before it was opened and and he wanted to know how many plays he could expect on his machine, I estimated 5, and it was delivered with a total of 4 plays. I must admit I was apprehensive for our technician to play test it anymore than that as it seemed odd someone wanting to see the boxed game and wanting to know the precise game play on his new game but I know how eccentric some collectors may be. He claims 65 games? Why would we deliver him our floor model? That is simply setting us up for failure. Hindsight I wish I would have have a taken a screen shot of his "LIFETIME PLAYS" Screen but never thought it would have been necessary until now and considering he has had the game for upwards a month now, there is no way to prove this other than his blatant lie.

FALSE:
Fun promised to deliver both of my games for $150 and changed terms prior to delivery

TRUTH:
Upon visiting our store in January and trying out game’s in our showroom Brian decided to preorder a Rush Premium and Godzilla Pro. I informed Brian that both of his games would be arriving in March and offered our delivery service of both games TOGETHER for one delivery/setup fee of $150 to which Brian agreed as stated on his sales invoice. In early March Brian’s Rush Premium arrived into our store. I contacted Mr Burns and informed him his Rush had arrived in and gave him the option A: wait until your Godzilla arrives in for both to be delivered as originally agreed upon B:We deliver Rush now and follow up with a separate delivery at a later date when Godzilla arrives in but a separate delivery fee would incur of $150 would be applied. Brian immediately lost his cool and demanded I deliver his game and a second delivery charge was b***s*** (his words). Trying to save face and keep the customer happy in the offset chance there was a misunderstanding and appreciative for him spending a considerable amount of money with us, I conceded and agreed to deliver the Godzilla separately at his residence - located an hour away from our store.

FALSE: FUNS warranty is BS and they wouldn’t help or replace my LED board.
TRUTH: Upon writing up ticket for these games to Mr. Burns I informed him of our warranty period and did tell him it includes 30 days labor and 6 months parts support from Stern Pinball. I further explained to him that if a warranty issue would arise we ask that you call into our store, and speak with our inhouse technician and try to resolve over the phone before sending a tech to your home as most issues on a new game are minor and can be resolved with tech advise in a matter of minutes. He agreed and told me how he owned several other pinball machines. Seems like we were completely on the same page at this point.

Fast forward to a week or so after his Rush was delivered he Facebook messaged me and informed me that the LED board wasn't working on the button on his lockbar and asked if we could check it when we delivered Godzilla. I told him of course, but suggested that he remove the lockbar and take a look at the LED board and see if it's possible the connector came loose from the LED board. To which he said he would

Last week Brian's Godzilla Pro arrived in, my son contacted him collected the final balance and scheduled delivery of his Godzilla Pro.

On the evening of April 6 at 5:56pm (and all of the following takes place within the next 3 hours via Facebook messenger) I was Facebook messaged by Brian stating that the lockbar button LED was still not working and asked if we could bring one upon upon delivery of his Godzilla. I informed him I did not have that part on hand and getting parts for Stern games has been difficult and I would not be able to get it in time for the delivery. I made the suggestion to expediate getting the issue resolved quickly to drop a line to Stern via e-mail (providing him their e-mail address) and said to give them him your name, phone number, game title and serial number and someone from their tech department would contact him to troubleshoot over the phone and send the replacement part. Immediately Brian got hostile, cussing calling our warranty BS and a joke. I told him I was not trying to blow him off.....moments later he messages me and told me he bought a new LED board off of Marco's web site. Why? If it's under warranty the manufacturer should replacement it. I further went on to say, I was not blowing you off and by all means we would come out and fix it but you've literally went off the rails before following proper protocol's with Stern Pinball in an effort to order an Advanced Warranty Replacement Part.

Next I'm being told, you have changed everything about the purchase of our two games and I'm coming tomorrow to pick up my Godzilla in the Carton and I'll be leaving you a scathing review of this entire transaction. I informed him again, that if he is picking the game up in the carton, he voids our 30 day warranty on the game. Again further insulting our warranty.

I'm at this point actually in shock that this customer has became so hostile, vulgar and irrational on just about every step of our transaction. I never intended to blow him off on the repair and by all means I would have had our technician come out to his house, but to demand I have the part on hand when I make the delivery is absurd.

Giving it second thought of how difficult he has been, knowing I was getting a bad review no matter what. I made the business decision to refund Brian Burns his payment in full for this Godzilla Pro. As difficult as he has been to work with and demanding to pick his game up in the box. Furthermore, considering his payment for this game was made by credit card, it really just drew a red flag with me. Everything about him has been odd, and demanding. I honestly don't trust the guy. I felt like letting him pick the game up in the box, I could almost certainly see a charge back on the premises of a false damage claim or something else about the game didn't meet his standards.

I informed Brian that I had made the decision to refund his payment in full for his Godzilla Pro. He then accuses me of being unethical in letting him pick up his game and states he has friends in the police department that will be on stand by as he picks up his machine the following morning. Bottom line, it just isn't worth selling a game to Brian Burns. I told him if he wants to have the police present...by all means please do. They can be present as I issue you your refund back on my credit card terminal first thing in the morning. To which I did, full refund was issued first thing in the morning April 7th. The deposit was originally collected on the previous owners merchant account prior to my ownership, I informed Brian we would (and did) cut him a check for his deposit and it was mailed Express Mail, with signature required for delivery to which he has already received and cashed.

FALSE: FUN! Billiards is not an authorized Stern Distributor
TRUTH: We are not a Stern Distributor, we are a Stern Dealer and specializing in game sales to the consumer home market. We can be found on the Stern Page, in the dealer section. We sell well over 200 new Stern Pinball Machines a year and are proud to do so with many happy new and repeat customers from around the United States. ....but there is always gonna be that one. If this is my first bad one in about 5 years...I think I've done pretty good. This is business I don't need, Brian Burns can go buy his pinball machines somewhere else. I don't need his business as bad as he thinks I do.

I'm happy to screen grab our entire text diatribe. As others have stated, there are two sides to every story and Brian Burns only wanted to show his, without letting anyone defend themselves and make himself look like the victim."

#59 2 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I’m sorry you had a bad experience, sincerely. I see that you are quite angry.
I did notice this is the second forum thread you have started on this topic.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-vs-used-opinions-please#post-6818721
As a long time customer of the store, I would like to again say that my experiences have been very positive and I would recommend them to others. I implore them to avoid this thread and stay away from the pitchforks.

Looks like "FuN" has 2 accounts. He has been having a shit ass rep since the RGP days. Looks like nothing has changed over the 17 years i've been collecting.

#61 2 years ago

Fun is garbage, move on to one of the various well-respected distributors.

#62 2 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Reflect on this statement when your the grown up age of 50. With a little luck you might reach that age someday, or not.

Haha, I’m just amazed how adults from 18 to 99+, with the sweet spot around 50 (judging by the popular themes (OMG BTTF faint!!!) and the looks of pinball enthusiasts at various events), behave when buying and selling a game.

Borderline crazy and quite immature.

Combine this with $5000 “gold leaf plated” toppers, the prevalent scalping to exploit the severe lack of patience and general greed, this community makes me feel like I entered the Twilight Zone LOL.

#63 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

"My company has been smeared by would be customer by Brian Burns of Arlington, Tx. His post is unjust and I feel the need to defend myself and my company as this person has blocked me and several fellow colleagues in the hobby/business who denounce his accusations as they have had similar bad experiences with this impulsive, entitled and difficult to work with customer, they like myself are blocked by Brian Burns with the inability to defend ourselves.
It’s a shame this had to go this way and I’ve tried to let it blow over, but the blatant lies with no proof are definitely on the grounds of defamation of character and borderline slander. So all that being said I’ll make my own post as my defense and let the jury make their decision as to how we handled this and know we will never sell to Brian Burns again and I’d advise others to proceed with caution. When dealing with this
Many false accusations were made in his post (that I can only see from people sending me screenshots)…since he has blocked me.
FALSE:
Fun required my game to be delivered and wanted to charge $150 for delivery and they put 65 games on my new machine.
TRUTH:
We DO NOT require a $150 delivery fee. Customers are always welcome to pick up their machines from our store free of charge. We do however require that a new pinball is unboxed / checked for concealed shipping damage (which happens more times than you think) and play tested for proper operation prior to or at pick up. This is to ensure the game leaves our store free of damage and to preemptively squash an immediate in home unnecessary service call. At the request of Mr. Burns we photographed his boxed pinball before it was opened and and he wanted to know how many plays he could expect on his machine, I estimated 5, and it was delivered with a total of 4 plays. I must admit I was apprehensive for our technician to play test it anymore than that as it seemed odd someone wanting to see the boxed game and wanting to know the precise game play on his new game but I know how eccentric some collectors may be. He claims 65 games? Why would we deliver him our floor model? That is simply setting us up for failure. Hindsight I wish I would have have a taken a screen shot of his "LIFETIME PLAYS" Screen but never thought it would have been necessary until now and considering he has had the game for upwards a month now, there is no way to prove this other than his blatant lie.
FALSE:
Fun promised to deliver both of my games for $150 and changed terms prior to delivery
TRUTH:
Upon visiting our store in January and trying out game’s in our showroom Brian decided to preorder a Rush Premium and Godzilla Pro. I informed Brian that both of his games would be arriving in March and offered our delivery service of both games TOGETHER for one delivery/setup fee of $150 to which Brian agreed as stated on his sales invoice. In early March Brian’s Rush Premium arrived into our store. I contacted Mr Burns and informed him his Rush had arrived in and gave him the option A: wait until your Godzilla arrives in for both to be delivered as originally agreed upon B:We deliver Rush now and follow up with a separate delivery at a later date when Godzilla arrives in but a separate delivery fee would incur of $150 would be applied. Brian immediately lost his cool and demanded I deliver his game and a second delivery charge was b***s*** (his words). Trying to save face and keep the customer happy in the offset chance there was a misunderstanding and appreciative for him spending a considerable amount of money with us, I conceded and agreed to deliver the Godzilla separately at his residence - located an hour away from our store.
TRUTH: Upon writing up ticket for these games to Mr. Burns I informed him of our warranty period and did tell him it includes 30 days labor and 6 months parts support from Stern Pinball. I further explained to him that if a warranty issue would arise we ask that you call into our store, and speak with our inhouse technician and try to resolve over the phone before sending a tech to your home as most issues on a new game are minor and can be resolved with tech advise in a matter of minutes. He agreed and told me how he owned several other pinball machines. Seems like we were completely on the same page at this point.
Fast forward to a week or so after his Rush was delivered he Facebook messaged me and informed me that the LED board wasn't working on the button on his lockbar and asked if we could check it when we delivered Godzilla. I told him of course, but suggested that he remove the lockbar and take a look at the LED board and see if it's possible the connector came loose from the LED board. To which he said he would
Last week Brian's Godzilla Pro arrived in, my son contacted him collected the final balance and scheduled delivery of his Godzilla Pro.
On the evening of April 6 at 5:56pm (and all of the following takes place within the next 3 hours via Facebook messenger) I was Facebook messaged by Brian stating that the lockbar button LED was still not working and asked if we could bring one upon upon delivery of his Godzilla. I informed him I did not have that part on hand and getting parts for Stern games has been difficult and I would not be able to get it in time for the delivery. I made the suggestion to expediate getting the issue resolved quickly to drop a line to Stern via e-mail (providing him their e-mail address) and said to give them him your name, phone number, game title and serial number and someone from their tech department would contact him to troubleshoot over the phone and send the replacement part. Immediately Brian got hostile, cussing calling our warranty BS and a joke. I told him I was not trying to blow him off.....moments later he messages me and told me he bought a new LED board off of Marco's web site. Why? If it's under warranty the manufacturer should replacement it. I further went on to say, I was not blowing you off and by all means we would come out and fix it but you've literally went off the rails before following proper protocol's with Stern Pinball in an effort to order an Advanced Warranty Replacement Part.
Next I'm being told, you have changed everything about the purchase of our two games and I'm coming tomorrow to pick up my Godzilla in the Carton and I'll be leaving you a scathing review of this entire transaction. I informed him again, that if he is picking the game up in the carton, he voids our 30 day warranty on the game. Again further insulting our warranty.
I'm at this point actually in shock that this customer has became so hostile, vulgar and irrational on just about every step of our transaction. I never intended to blow him off on the repair and by all means I would have had our technician come out to his house, but to demand I have the part on hand when I make the delivery is absurd.
Giving it second thought of how difficult he has been, knowing I was getting a bad review no matter what. I made the business decision to refund Brian Burns his payment in full for this Godzilla Pro. As difficult as he has been to work with and demanding to pick his game up in the box. Furthermore, considering his payment for this game was made by credit card, it really just drew a red flag with me. Everything about him has been odd, and demanding. I honestly don't trust the guy. I felt like letting him pick the game up in the box, I could almost certainly see a charge back on the premises of a false damage claim or something else about the game didn't meet his standards.
I informed Brian that I had made the decision to refund his payment in full for his Godzilla Pro. He then accuses me of being unethical in letting him pick up his game and states he has friends in the police department that will be on stand by as he picks up his machine the following morning. Bottom line, it just isn't worth selling a game to Brian Burns. I told him if he wants to have the police present...by all means please do. They can be present as I issue you your refund back on my credit card terminal first thing in the morning. To which I did, full refund was issued first thing in the morning April 7th. The deposit was originally collected on the previous owners merchant account prior to my ownership, I informed Brian we would (and did) cut him a check for his deposit and it was mailed Express Mail, with signature required for delivery to which he has already received and cashed.
TRUTH: We are not a Stern Distributor, we are a Stern Dealer and specializing in game sales to the consumer home market. We can be found on the Stern Page, in the dealer section. We sell well over 200 new Stern Pinball Machines a year and are proud to do so with many happy new and repeat customers from around the United States. ....but there is always gonna be that one. If this is my first bad one in about 5 years...I think I've done pretty good. This is business I don't need, Brian Burns can go buy his pinball machines somewhere else. I don't need his business as bad as he thinks I do.
I'm happy to screen grab our entire text diatribe. As others have stated, there are two sides to every story and Brian Burns only wanted to show his, without letting anyone defend themselves and make himself look like the victim."

Boohaaha.

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Who-Dey posted a bunch in that thread.

You know who else posted several times, ASOA. Kept chastizing Fun for stringing along OP about payment being in the mail. Classic.

#65 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

You know who else posted several times, ASOA. Kept chastizing Fun for stringing along OP about payment being in the mail. Classic.

That was incredible. I couldn’t believe it. I haven’t laughed that much reading someone online by myself in forever.

#66 2 years ago

FALSE:
TRUTH:
FALSE:
TRUTH:

Interesting that Hassle would recruit someone else to post his reply here, and that it fails to contradict any claim the OP made while "fabricating" a few claims the OP didn't make.

#67 2 years ago

Redacting my comment and adding to my ignore list.

#68 2 years ago

Two very different sides of the story. Not sure what to think exactly. Oh well

#69 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Let the emails do the talking.

#70 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Reminds me of the first time I had an issue with a NIB that was under warranty, and my distributor told me to call Stern.

I thought warranty meant any problem someone would come out and fix it, and I was surprised that is not the way it works, they talk you over the phone to pinpoint the issue, and you fix yourself and Stern sends the parts for free.

One time Stern did offer to send someone, and funny but that was the one time I knew how to fix myself.

It would be nice if Stern quality control did a better job, but I love these games, and now I am used to how everything works, and normally I can fix a NIB with no problem, always something simple, after looking at it for a few minutes.

#71 2 years ago

My only comments about the LED board are trifold. One, since it's a $12.99 part at Marco, that's a legitimate reason why I (or Brian) would have bought one instead of bothering/dealing with the dealer/manufacturer warranty. It's not worth their time, or more importantly, my time. Certainly not worth a repair call.

Secondly, why is that part $12.99 at Marco and $1.49 at Pinball Life? Seriously Marco, WTF? Gouge much?

Marco - https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/520-5333-00
Pinball Life - https://www.pinballlife.com/rgb-pcb-led-replacement-board.html?Category_Code=

Finally, after reading the entire narrative, it sounds like I would both not like to sell a game to Brian nor buy a game from Fun! While I like Craig personally, Fun! has always represented bad mojo to me for.... well... forever. Literally as long as I've been collecting. While new owner Craig may be trying to turn it around, their reputation is a dark black hole within the collector community for all sorts of reasons going well back to the RGP days. Furthermore, Pinsiders may not be his audience anyway (informed buyers who know that there are other distributors who can might make a better deal, provide free shipping, no sales tax, offer better service, etc....)

Anyway, I hope it worked out for everyone in the end.

>>>
On the evening of April 6 at 5:56pm (and all of the following takes place within the next 3 hours via Facebook messenger) I was Facebook messaged by Brian stating that the lockbar button LED was still not working and asked if we could bring one upon upon delivery of his Godzilla. I informed him I did not have that part on hand and getting parts for Stern games has been difficult and I would not be able to get it in time for the delivery. I made the suggestion to expediate getting the issue resolved quickly to drop a line to Stern via e-mail (providing him their e-mail address) and said to give them him your name, phone number, game title and serial number and someone from their tech department would contact him to troubleshoot over the phone and send the replacement part. Immediately Brian got hostile, cussing calling our warranty BS and a joke. I told him I was not trying to blow him off.....moments later he messages me and told me he bought a new LED board off of Marco's web site. Why? If it's under warranty the manufacturer should replacement it.

#72 2 years ago
Quoted from galore2112:

Haha, I’m just amazed how adults from 18 to 99+, with the sweet spot around 50 (judging by the popular themes (OMG BTTF faint!!!) and the looks of pinball enthusiasts at various events), behave when buying and selling a game.
Borderline crazy and quite immature.
Combine this with $5000 “gold leaf plated” toppers, the prevalent scalping to exploit the severe lack of patience and general greed, this community makes me feel like I entered the Twilight Zone LOL.

Woah woah woah. Don’t try to rope the Gen X’ers into this mess. This whole shit show is a mashup of boomers and newb millennials. We’re just eye rolling and snarking on the sidelines.

#73 2 years ago

Interesting that Hassle would recruit someone else to post his reply here, and that it fails to contradict any claim the OP made while "fabricating" a few claims the OP didn't make.

Tinfoil hat much? No one recruited and I didn't take a side. I just posted his response from elsewhere.

#74 2 years ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

My only comments about the LED board are trifold. One, since it's a $12.99 part at Marco, that's a legitimate reason why I (or Brian) would have bought one instead of bothering/dealing with the dealer/manufacturer warranty. It's not worth their time, or more importantly, my time. Certainly not worth a repair call.
Secondly, why is that part $12.99 at Marco and $1.49 at Pinball Life? Seriously Marco, WTF? Gouge much?
Pinball Life - https://www.pinballlife.com/rgb-pcb-led-replacement-board.html?Category_Code=
Finally, after reading the entire narrative, it sounds like I would both not like to sell a game to Brian nor buy a game from Fun! While I like Craig personally, Fun! has always represented bad mojo to me for.... well... forever. Literally as long as I've been collecting. While new owner Craig may be trying to turn it around, their reputation is a dark black hole within the collector community for all sorts of reasons going well back to the RGP days. Furthermore, Pinsiders may not be his audience anyway (informed buyers who know that there are other distributors who can might make a better deal, provide free shipping, no sales tax, offer better service, etc....)
Anyway, I hope it worked out for everyone in the end.
>>>
On the evening of April 6 at 5:56pm (and all of the following takes place within the next 3 hours via Facebook messenger) I was Facebook messaged by Brian stating that the lockbar button LED was still not working and asked if we could bring one upon upon delivery of his Godzilla. I informed him I did not have that part on hand and getting parts for Stern games has been difficult and I would not be able to get it in time for the delivery. I made the suggestion to expediate getting the issue resolved quickly to drop a line to Stern via e-mail (providing him their e-mail address) and said to give them him your name, phone number, game title and serial number and someone from their tech department would contact him to troubleshoot over the phone and send the replacement part. Immediately Brian got hostile, cussing calling our warranty BS and a joke. I told him I was not trying to blow him off.....moments later he messages me and told me he bought a new LED board off of Marco's web site. Why? If it's under warranty the manufacturer should replacement it.

I don't understand, do you work for Fun or are you another distributor?

Edit: wrong qoute, sorry

#75 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Woah woah woah. Don’t try to rope the Gen X’ers into this mess. This whole shit show is a mashup of boomers and newb millennials. We’re just eye rolling and snarking on the sidelines.

WW3 baby

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#76 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Let the emails do the talking.

d1 (resized).jpgd1 (resized).jpgd2 (resized).jpgd2 (resized).jpgd3 (resized).jpgd3 (resized).jpgd4 (resized).jpgd4 (resized).jpgd5 (resized).jpgd5 (resized).jpgd6 (resized).jpgd6 (resized).jpgd7 (resized).jpgd7 (resized).jpg
#77 2 years ago
B5D766BC-AC20-4373-8E4F-4B6615E03579.gifB5D766BC-AC20-4373-8E4F-4B6615E03579.gif
#78 2 years ago

Hassell did refund my money and sell the GZ Pro to someone else (I presume).

I called an out-of-state dealer the next day who had just had a customer cancel an order for a GZ Pro which will arrive next month. This dealer was super nice and professional, even sending me an email after our phone call telling me how excited he was to get the game to me... with free shipping and delivery to my door... and no state sales tax. I saved several hundred dollars, and am confident I will have a smooth transaction with this other dealer.

I've been buying, collecting, and selling pinball machines since 2006, and I've never... EVER had an experience like this one with Craig Hassell. I posted my dealings with Fun! here in the hope that, given Hassell's track record of customer dissatisfaction (to say the least), it might save someone else the stress and worry I went through on what should have been a smooth transaction.

I actually feel sorry for Craig Hassell. Here's a guy who owns a business that gives him the opportunity every day to bring joy and fun into peoples' lives. Instead, he distrusts his customers, feeling the need to get one over on them before they get one over on him. He's afraid if he lets a customer pick up their NIB machine, they might drop it. They might get it home and find something wrong that takes up his time. They might find damages and do a chargeback to him (these are all things he told me in regard to his hesitance to let me take possession of the game I paid him for in full). Instead of simply doing the right thing, he "punishes" the customer (he knew the GZ Pro was for my 5-year-old grandson), then gets caught weaving a web of lies and doing further harm to his business and his reputation.

I really do - I feel sorry for the guy.

#79 2 years ago

Finally, Hassell is right that I did block him and several others on Facebook after I started getting “drive-by” comments on my Facebook page with… colorful suggestions.

#80 2 years ago
Quoted from texas_compadre:

I've never... EVER had an experience like this one with Craig Hassell. I posted my dealings with Fun! here in the hope that, given Hassell's track record of customer dissatisfaction (to say the least), it might save someone else the stress and worry I went through on what should have been a smooth transaction.

If this whole situation qualifies as a big “stress and worry” in your life I envy you!.. count your blessings my friend!

#81 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

If this whole situation qualifies as a big “stress and worry” in your life I envy you!.. count your blessings my friend!

Well, 2 new Stern games add up to a rather large sum of money, and the GZ Pro was for my 5-year-old grandson. No grandfather wants to let their grandkid(s) down. But in the grand scheme of things, you're absolutely right.

#82 2 years ago

It’s the pinball card board box war. Meow, Hissssss!!!!

F3BCD067-41D9-41C2-AD33-CF06A480ED85 (resized).jpegF3BCD067-41D9-41C2-AD33-CF06A480ED85 (resized).jpeg
#83 2 years ago

I found a picture of compadre and Fun! from happier times.

A8EEF11A-1710-40C6-9BCF-8DC49E48F1F2 (resized).jpegA8EEF11A-1710-40C6-9BCF-8DC49E48F1F2 (resized).jpeg
#84 2 years ago

>>>>> I don't understand, do you work for Fun or are you another distributor?

Neither. I'm just someone for whom the princely sum of $12.99 (or $1.49) plus shipping to have a problem solved on my $7000 toy at my house by me in two to three days isn't a high price to pay. I understand the part is covered under warranty, and I guess I paid for the service, but I'd rather have the game working sooner rather than jump through any hoops with a dealer or manufacturer. That said, I have nothing but praise for calling Stern direct, as in the past they have been crazy good when dealing with warranty issues or even out of warranty issues. I've had them ship node boards (Iron Maiden) and main driver boards (LOTR) in the past, so maybe reaching out directly wouldn't have been a bad idea.

#85 2 years ago

Sorry compadre you're just being petty. Noting in the fb chats contradicts what Hassle said in his post.
Obviously there was some miscommunication.

Work to resolve it instead of throwing a temper tantrum.You could have picked up your machine in the box or had the FUN warranty. Not both. The Stern warranty still would apply

Is your new distributor gonna fly to your house to fix your issues. I think not

#86 2 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Is your new distributor gonna fly to hore house to fix your issues. I think not

I suspect most distributors just go to a local "hore house", rather than flying to one...

#87 2 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Sorry compadre you're just being petty. Noting in the fb chats contradicts what Hassle said in his post.
Obviously there was some miscommunication.
Work to resolve it instead of throwing a temper tantrum.You could have picked up your machine in the box or had the FUN warranty. Not both. The Stern warranty still would apply
Is your new distributor gonna fly to hore house to fix your issues. I think not

Are you kidding? If those are the actual fb texts the OP posted, Hassle is telling several outright lies. He has the OP making statements that OP clearly didn’t make in the fb chats. Also, halfway through the exchange Hassle goes bipolar - “you can pick the machine up tomorrow” “you can’t pick the machine up, I’m selling it to someone else“ “we offer a 30 day warranty” “you need to contact Stern for warranty”.

Whether the repair part is $1.99, $12.99, or $1,299.99, OP may or may not be proficient at repairing pinball machines, but given Hassle’s promised store warranty, that should not be an issue. It’s obvious that Hassle is jerking the customer around from the time the deal was struck, doesn’t matter how many of his friends try to defend his actions. The guy’s a snake.

#88 2 years ago

Whether the repair part is $1.99, $12.99, or $1,299.99, OP may or may not be proficient at repairing pinball machines, but given Hassle’s promised store warranty, that should not be an issue. It’s obvious that Hassle is jerking the customer around from the time the deal was struck, doesn’t matter how many of his friends try to defend his actions.

its obvious you have a hard on about this for some reason given your FB and Pinside posts here.

Have you ever done business with FUN or are you just being a keyboard comando?

#89 2 years ago

Sort of off-topic, but 100% in the spirit of the drama in this thread, apostle90125 what's the back story leading to you making an account exclusively to post in this topic?

#90 2 years ago

Sort of off-topic, but 100% in the spirit of the drama in this thread, apostle90125 what's the back story leading to you making an account exclusively to post in this topic?

It’s indeed curious !

#91 2 years ago

seriously, and the immediate attitude about it all.. All In against Hasslehoff. Seems like you have something else against Fun from the past!

#92 2 years ago

Whether the repair part is $1.99, $12.99, or $1,299.99, OP may or may not be proficient at repairing pinball machines, but given Hassle’s promised store warranty, that should not be an issue.

Doesnt Seem to be an issue in the FB chat Hassle states he should call Stern and walk thru the problem. Then if its bust Stern would send out the part,
Standard warranty. I suspect Hassle would then send a tech to install if needed.

I further went on to say, I was not blowing you off and by all means we would come out and fix it

How is this screwing the customer?

#93 2 years ago

FALSE:
TRUTH:
FALSE:
TRUTH:

There's no way anyone read all of that.

#94 2 years ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

Because PBL manufacturers boards and probably has that one made themselves while Marco's is a stern part.

#95 2 years ago

Are you kidding? If those are the actual fb texts the OP posted, Hassle is telling several outright lies. He has the OP making statements that OP clearly didn’t make in the fb chats. Also, halfway through the exchange Hassle goes bipolar - “you can pick the machine up tomorrow” “you can’t pick the machine up, I’m selling it to someone else“ “we offer a 30 day warranty” “you need to contact Stern for warranty”.
Whether the repair part is $1.99, $12.99, or $1,299.99, OP may or may not be proficient at repairing pinball machines, but given Hassle’s promised store warranty, that should not be an issue. It’s obvious that Hassle is jerking the customer around from the time the deal was struck, doesn’t matter how many of his friends try to defend his actions. The guy’s a snake.

How about explain why you created an account yesterday to defend the OP? Smells like bullshit to me.

2DCA30D8-8093-4C2B-90B9-FF9B50A43701 (resized).jpeg2DCA30D8-8093-4C2B-90B9-FF9B50A43701 (resized).jpeg
#96 2 years ago

This whole story is just why you see your businesses not wanting to concede or give people anything but the standard. Customers want want want.. and if they don't get, they lash out.

The guy buys into a local retail type of purchase then immediately tries to squeeze out the cost of doing so, asking for some 2 for 1 deal... while he himself acknowledges that it wouldn't actually be a single delivery? Already trying to cut corners and be an exception.

It's funny people talk about wanting 'the NIB experience'... well that NIB experience includes dealing with shipping issues, delivery unknowns, and possibly out of box issues. If you want to OWN and handle all those things... great.. and that's why so many of us buy from distributors and not retail. But you also can't whine about those things if you take that path.

Here, the buyer choses a retail path, then tries to squeeze the retailer. He wants the local warranty, but doesn't want to play by the procedures setup to make that warranty viable.

Sad to say, but yes retailers do things like setup games or document games before giving to customers... because plenty of customers have no qualms about trying to cheat their way into something or escape their own mistakes. So many customers want the cheapest and have no issue trying to screw a retailer. Issues that come out of the retailer's pocket.. not Stern's... and yet they still want the cheapest price.

TL:DR - want the cheapest price - own all the issues yourself and buy shipped to door. Want a retail experience with local support, buy retail, pay the premium, and work with your retailer.

#97 2 years ago

FF1C9E07-0927-4BFE-A323-29BF8D236578.gifFF1C9E07-0927-4BFE-A323-29BF8D236578.gif
#98 2 years ago

There's some great footage in that thread of Levi moshing at an Iggy Pop show. And in general a nice stroll down memory-lane for us Pinside old-timers. Worth a look while you're waiting for all the fake accounts in this thread to be outed.

#99 2 years ago

I’m still trying to figure out why a cat fight over an intact cardboard box and a $150 delivery fee from Mesquite to Arlington, a 70 miles round trip, is worth ruining the grandson’s pinball fun?!

#100 2 years ago
Quoted from texas_compadre:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Showing those communications definitely didn't do you any favors. All I see is Craig being professional and trying to help you within the boundaries of what he's capable of, or what's expected of him. And then there's you just blowing another gasket, every step of the way. The entire thing just screams entitled, impatient, vindictive, and lacking self-awareness. People can say whatever they want about FUN!, love them or hate them, but the OP's behavior is completely independent of that. And these messages just confirm my theory that this guy is the worst customer ever. If I owned a pinball retail business, I'd avoid you at all costs. Good luck to you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Tampa, FL
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 201 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-first-nib-purchase-experience-fun-in-mesquite-tx/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.