(Topic ID: 70374)

My first Monster Bash Mod :) what do you think ? ( work in progress )

By Lma

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 96 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by HOOKED
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flecom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Awesome! I would take one for sure. I'm assuming the globes are glass. Any worries of air balls breaking them?

no it's a glass globe but theres a plastic globe around it

Quoted from jfh:

It took me a minute to realize it wasn't part of the game.
Nicely done. If you decide to market it, I'm sure it will be a popular mod. And I would take one, just so I'd have it when I get my MB

ya it worked out really well

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

....wait a minute. Was this the mod that someone had in a couple machines (Xenon) a while ago and said it interfered with the electrical situation. The machine was acting erratically. Or am I thinking of something else?

well we have had it in there for a while now without issue... we will continue to test it out and see but I really doubt it's goign to be an issue...

additionally we are not changing the stock HV cable like the person did in that other thread which can lead to issues on the HV side

these things are basically free-running oscillators running into a small xformer to make a really cheap inverter... ideal no? But burning out switch matrix and making the game play itself? I really doubt it especially on a newer machine like this

additionally we are going to be play testing this for a while before we let them out into the wild

#82 5 years ago

ya the last thing I would want is to blow up a bunch of MBs!

#86 5 years ago

ya upping the voltage won't make it brighter just make it saturate more (give you more "fingers")

you can add grounded foil to create a nice arc but like the wiki states you could cause uneven heating on the glass which could cause it to fracture (bad)

yes these are DEFINITELY not as bright as flashers, but the effect is soooooo cool that I don't think it matters personally... pretty sure the video captures that fairly well...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flecom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside