Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by AbacusMan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Robocop_#4.JPG
    Robocop_#2.JPG
    Robocop_#1.JPG
    Robocop.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

I have a total of 4 pins right now, but this is the first one thats to comeback to Walla Walla and yes...It's my first machine on route! Only 25 cents per play!

Robocop.jpgRobocop.jpg

It plays pretty good. Every few game though one of the flippers will act weak, or maybe something is locking up. It only does it once and rarely does it.

#2 12 years ago

You just don't see a Robocop very often. Neat game, hope to have the opportunity to play one sometime.

#3 12 years ago

Haha love how it's blocking the fire extinguisher. Where's that at?

#4 12 years ago

Its at a place in Walla Walla, Washington called The Jump'n Jelly Beans. Its one of those jumping castle places.

#5 12 years ago

Since your aware of the flipper problem why dont you fix it? Just a thought

#6 12 years ago
    Quoted from dlbuller:

Haha love how it's blocking the fire extinguisher. Where's that at?

There's a fire? Get RoboCop over here right now!!!

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Since your aware of the flipper problem why dont you fix it? Just a thought []

I'm work'n on it, I'm work'n on it
    I was gonna take it home and fine tune everything, but I just couldn't wait. Its only been on route for one hour tonight, but it did make $5. Plus no complaints about the flipper. It only does it one flip per dozen games or so.

#8 12 years ago

Congrats on getting a pin out on a location earning money.
    Hope it generates some cash for you. Machine appears to be in fairly clean.
    Curious how the 25 cents game play price works out.
    Yes, definitely move Robo over several feet to clear access to first aid, or move the first aid station, or remove signs if there is no longer a first aid station at that spot.

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Curious how the 25 cents game play price works out.
    Yes, definitely move Robo over several feet to clear access to first aid, or move the first aid station, or remove signs if there is no longer a first aid station at that spot.

It plays really nice, though I noticed one or two things a bit off. I thought it wasn't quite worth 50 cents. Once I get it fine tuned I will make it 50 cents a play.
    We are in the prosses of getting rid of the fire sign and moving the first aid kit.

#10 12 years ago

That's pretty cool. I always wanted to play a Robocop. I hope you don't mind, but I rotated your photo. It was giving me a sore neck.

#11 12 years ago

Well done do you own the place where it is?

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from nasco62:

Well done do you own the place where it is?

I don't own the place, but I only live one block from it.

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I always wanted to play a Robocop.

Thing I really like about RoboCop is it makes a lot of cool sounds. Other then that, its a very basic pin. Not bad, not awesome, just basic.

#14 12 years ago

congrats and good luck. at 25cents a play you wont be making much, but the kids will all look up to you!!

#15 12 years ago

If you could keep us updated of the success, red tape, and earnings for a little bit that would be interesting. I'm thinking about routing myself. Well, not actually routing myself, but routing pins.

#16 12 years ago

Definitely need a pin in arcades and pizza places to break up all the damn video games and ticket redemption games. Need variety in these places, hats off to you for putting there, as I'am sure its the only pin! I'd play it before putting any money in a video game just cuz its pinball regardless of theme or rule set! Do you have it on 3 or 5 ball games? Put it on 3 if you dont already and you'll make more money as it will kick the players a$$ and they will be like addicted and keep feeding it quarters trying to get there intials up on the game!

#17 12 years ago

For .25 you wont even cover the maintenance depending on what your split is with the location

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

For .25 you wont even cover the maintenance depending on what your split is with the location

Once I know the game is 100%, it will go to 50 cents. I would say it at 95% right now.

#19 12 years ago

After Robocop shoots you the first aid kit is gonna be the last thing to help, better call
    the city morgue for a bodybag.

Nice pin, good job keeping pinball alive in the wilds of America.

#20 12 years ago

Just an FYI in the route business.. Its always easy to go down in price.. VERY VERY hard to go up with out bitching from location, Customers......

#21 12 years ago

If i saw that while i was out, i would throw some coins in it.

#22 12 years ago

I don't own this game but does the flipper have an End of Stroke switch? If so check its adjustment. I have had this issue before but not on DE machine and found a cold solder joint were the power wires connect to the solenoid. Resolder might help aleve the problem also. Just a couple of thoughts out loud.
    Cabinet and what I can see of the playfield looks like it is really good shape.
    Hopefully the Walla Walla folks don't beat on stuff.

I agree 0.25 it is not going to cover keeping it running and your time; especially if location split.
    As for changing pricing from 0.25 to 0.50 this is a horrible idea and it is almost always met with a negative customer reaction. I used to have an arcade and believe me it is easier to come down in price later but going up is a turn off to any regulars and 20 games its first hour seems like you have some regulars already. As always this is IMHO no grain of salt needed. My location was in Vancouver Wa so not that far from you considering. As far as arcades I would stick to shooters drivers and fighters possibly a couple of the cool 3 or 4 player games because they draw in others to join also. Best two pins they loved the most were TFTC and WW both made a killing even at 0.50.

Best of luck with your location
    Have fun and keep gaming

#23 12 years ago
    Quoted from Shoot_Again:

As for changing pricing from 0.25 to 0.50 this is a horrible idea and it is almost always met with a negative customer reaction...

exactly, you should have started at 0.50.

let us know how it goes after a month and if the game is still making the same profit and if it does good for you.

good luck.

#24 12 years ago

I own a RoboCop and it can be a brutal frustratingly fun fast game. You'll probably be ok at a quarter a game since it's got a factory continue feature setting, but I'd set the match % real low. Whatever you've got it set at, you'll have to roll with for a while. Learning is half the fun anyway!

#25 12 years ago

Update...Its full day.

Well I'm going to keep the game at 25 cents.

Quoted from tullster:

I own a RoboCop and it can be a brutal frustratingly fun fast game. You'll probably be ok at a quarter a game

A game with no ball save and as simple as it is, 50 cents just seams to much.

For my first night, I counted $33.75
    Later.

#27 12 years ago

Talk about a crazy coincidence. I had just mentioned in this thread last night that I always wanted to play a Robocop. Today, I took my kids to a place called the Volo Auto Museum. After spending a couple hours there looking at some really cool cars, we were on are way back to the parking lot and we cut through a flea market type of area. I rounded the corner, and I was absolutely shocked to see a Robocop staring me in the face. It was the only pin in the place. I got the guy to turn it on for me. Unfortunately, I broke the game on the third ball. Here's some pics of it ...

Robocop_#1.JPGRobocop_#1.JPG Robocop_#2.JPGRobocop_#2.JPG Robocop_#4.JPGRobocop_#4.JPG

#28 12 years ago

I bought my Robocop for $1,000. Looks to be in as good as shape as mine. Now that you broke it, maybe it will go down in price?

#29 12 years ago

Well I just took a peek at whats in RoboCop and it looks like it might hit $100 in just two days. Is that good?

#30 12 years ago

Yeah, I think you know it is!

Looks like you will have it paid off next week!

Okay maybe not cause it will slow down. My pins only make about $200 a month. So, youre doing quite well.

#31 12 years ago

Ok ok, maybe I got a little exsited. Took a count and was just shy of $50. Still, its pretty good. RoboCop is still serving the people after all these years.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-first-machine-on-route and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.