• 14 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by ff6735
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hello everyone,

Brand new pinball machine owner and brand new forum member here. I apologize in advance if I'm posting in the wrong forum. Please do not hesitate to set me straight.

The reason for my post... I just took delivery of a new-to-me Harlem Globetrotters on Tour machine... and I don't know how to get it to work. I plugged it in, turned it on using the switch under the cabinet in the right front corner. Lights come on, but no sound and no ball. Tried a quarter too, but nothing.

Dealer who sold it to me is closed until Monday so can't get help there. Thought I would ask the experts in the meantime. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

I know the unit works... or at least, it worked in the showroom a week ago when I saw it there.

PeterKing

#2 9 years ago

Welcome to the addiction! You will have more than one in a short time. If you took the head off when you transported it, I would double check the connectors. Do you have a multimeter? I would then check your voltages and fuses.
Where are you located? Maybe there is a fellow pinside member close to you.

Good Luck and enjoy !

#3 9 years ago

And did you put the ball back into it?

#4 9 years ago

Look on the MPU board (top left side in backbox).

Turn power on.

Count how many flashes the LED makes (the first flash is very brief).

#5 9 years ago

Thanks everyone. I didn't see any loose connections, but after jiggling the connectors a bit, I was able to get it working.

I read somewhere that the game plays a song on start-up, but I'm not experiencing that. There is sound though when the game is played.

Vid1900, to answer your question: one flicker followed by 6 flashes. Does that sound good? But as I mentioned, it's not followed by a song.

Thanks again,
PeterKing

#6 9 years ago

If the displays are not working then your probably not fully powered up. If your only getting six flashes then you probably have a blown fuse for the solnoids on the power supply board. Get a meter out and pull all the fuses and check for a bad fuse.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from peterking:

Vid1900, to answer your question: one flicker followed by 6 flashes. Does that sound good?

Perfect!

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from peterking:

I read somewhere that the game plays a song on start-up, but I'm not experiencing that.

It plays "Sweet Georgia Brown" when you start a new game.

Is yours doing that?

#9 9 years ago

No, it does not play the tune. It's possible that is a result of a configuration setting. I'm going to check that later today.

#10 9 years ago

Your not answering the question though, lets start over. Does the game come up in attract mode with the displays working and showing a high score and the playfield lights turning on and off? Not the general illumination lighting ( the ones under the plastics ) but rather the lights under the playfield that shine through and light the numbers on the playfield?? We need more information.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#11 9 years ago

The tune is a dip switch setting. Check the manual and double check what it's supposed to be. I think it's S29 on and S30 off for what you're looking for.

#12 9 years ago

Hi John, you might have missed my second post above. I fixed the connections and that made the game work (thanks to Bob's suggestion). Only problem left is that the tune does not play, which was my answer above to vid1900's direct question. To summarize and answer you question, yes, the game comes up in attract mode with the displays working and showing a high score with the play field lights turning on and off. There's a little twinkle of noise, but no "Sweet Georgia Brown". When I get a chance, I'm going to check the dipswitch settings.

Thanks for your help.

PeterKing

#13 9 years ago

Thanks ahanson, I have the manual right in front of me and you are correct: S29 and S30. I will check them before the end of the day. I'm guessing now that will solve my problem. Thanks!

#14 9 years ago

Welcome aboard

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 10.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-first-machine-harlem-globetrotters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.