(Topic ID: 62485)

My First Hands-On Wizard of Oz Experience (Video)

By Crash

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

Thanks so much for the video, Crash! This looks simply amazing. Jack and the team have done a terrific job.

#52 10 years ago

Bumping for WOZ lovers who may have missed this the first time around.

#53 10 years ago

Really loving the new WOZ-LE here. In so many ways, it is in a class by itself.

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

Was waiting patiently for #452, now feel like a kid knowing how close Christmas is.
The assorted videos I've watched, I realize they don't capture everything but the looks of of the color morphing, can't get over what an amazing effect that is. IMO, those that concentrate on the LCD display are missing the the biggest "break through."

If you have not seen it in real life yet, the videos don't do it justice. Although as I said earlier, this is a great video. But in real life, it is surreal. I played 1.18 last night for the first time, and this afternoon drove an hour and a half to go play it again! Pretty, sparkly, amazing. Today I was able to start Rescue multiball and got my first crystal ball mode. I'm finding the gameplay extremely addictive. And just like other games by the same programmer, I find myself concentrating on different objectives during different games. But overall it is buckets of fun! I love games that seem easy when you know what to do, but actually doing it is a bear. I still have not saved a ball during TNPLH, but love the mode trying.

Sorry, if you can't tell, I really like this game.

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I love games that seem easy when you know what to do, but actually doing it is a bear.

Me too! Thanks for a GREAT report. I'm near the end of the LE line, so I have to live off of these updates.

#56 10 years ago

Crash, I think I owe you one. Between the ST disappointment (for me), the remarkable video you made, and all the positive comments from everyone, I changed my mind on WOZ. I bought one (standard with invisiglass and shaker) from Doughslingers (Buddy) and should get it sometime this year. Thank you for posting the video.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Crash, I think I owe you one. Between the ST disappointment (for me), the remarkable video you made, and all the positive comments from everyone, I changed my mind on WOZ. I bought one (standard with invisiglass and shaker) from Doughslingers (Buddy) and should get it sometime this year. Thank you for posting the video.

That's the entire point of the video. Congrats on your new game, you will love it!

Propel that projectile, my pinball pugilist! Shoot that sphere with speed!!

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

That's the entire point of the video. Congrats on your new game, you will love it!
Propel that projectile, my pinball pugilist! Shoot that sphere with speed!!

I was always wondering that that call out is, haha. Looking forward to seeing what we are in store for with 1.2. Fingers crossed for some new modes!

#59 10 years ago

I just got done from playing over an hour. I'll tell you what, Dorothy kicks my tail! I don't see getting my name on a high score list for a LOOOONGG time! I finally broke 100k tonight and that is with very generous extra ball settings.

I find myself getting very few multiballs during the process. 'Tis fun but I gotta figure out what the heck I'm supposed to be doing I guess.

#60 10 years ago

Great video... Thank you!

#61 10 years ago

I'm guessing u used the rear audio jack hook up during the recording of the video?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#62 10 years ago

Yes, it's a 3.5mm headphone-style connector to the bottom right.

#63 10 years ago

Crash, any chance of getting some 1.21 video soon?

#64 10 years ago

Not for months. Shooting for late winter/early spring. It will be v2.x with an HD LCD feed.

1 month later
#65 10 years ago

How do you get an extra ball?

I feel like I've had some pretty good games 340k+ and I've never seen one.

#66 10 years ago

I've earned an extra ball through the WIZARD random award (hitting the throne room enough times to receive an award by spelling "wizard") but I think that is it, so far (no earned extra balls). I have also randomly received a SPECIAL, MULTIBALL and points in there.

#67 10 years ago

On factory settings you get one for completing EC multiball. That is collecting the three gifts of each character. It is also given out as a random award for spelling WIZARD by hitting the throne room shot. The other award for this is 10K points..

#68 10 years ago

Is it just me or does anyone else find the wizard call outs awesome and want more? The wizard call out for "Extra Ball!" and the 10,000 point reward are really cool. I hope that some wizard jackpot and other call outs make it into the game.

1 week later
#69 10 years ago

I also heard there are some Easter egg callouts somewhere in the game files, from whoever managed to crack the heavy encryption or whatever.

#70 10 years ago

I just played this game for the first time last night. Put about five or six games on it.

At first I wasn't so sure about it. But by that last game, after figuring some things out and getting the flow down, I was really enjoying it. With the latest code update (which was installed in the one I was playing), there seems to be a lot to do. Lots of different multi-ball modes, and unique ways to activate each of them. The light show is also great, and the visuals on the LCD are nice. I definitely want to spend more time with this.

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from akm:

With the latest code update (which was installed in the one I was playing), there seems to be a lot to do. Lots of different multi-ball modes, and unique ways to activate each of them. The light show is also great, and the visuals on the LCD are nice. I definitely want to spend more time with this.

I agree there's something super addictive about this game

3 months later
#72 10 years ago

Unfortunately Mike has decided to sell his game so you will not be seeing more gameplay videos from me...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.50
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-first-hands-on-wizard-of-oz-experience-video/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.