20181215_143105 (resized).jpg
Start up (resized).jpg
20181202_092503 (resized).jpg
20181201_223934 (resized).jpg
b3db985aa54a0b8b16dae06c767d9033d060cfcc (resized).png
Tools (resized).jpg
Pinball (resized).png
IMG_2351 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 5 years ago

It just seems from the pics and your comments fifty that there have been a number of changes(hacks) to your machine so that may mean normal logic to why the game is not working is not applicable or more difficult to trace. You have mentioned relays in different places according to the labelling but I am bewildered by some of the 'foreign' relays included in your post 35. I would go back to the start routine for this machine (do you have the manual) and before you change anything try to grasp how far you get on the start routine and then work step by step. Wholesale change despite the best of intentions can often bring wholesale new problems as already indicated by HowardR and curriedog).
Some time ago our revered colleague dirtflipper posted this simple task checklist which I have always found a good starting point-
"Maybe the thing to do is to begin at the beginning:
- manually reset all score reels to zero
- manually reset all relay banks
- unlatch any interlock relays
- have a credit on the credit unit
- place the ball in the outhole
- press the start button
What happens?"

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Yes, I have the manual. My plan was to remove the foreign relays and replace them with the original relays. I am asking for photos so that I can order the proper pieces from PBR for the missing relays. I am in Canada so I don't want to miss anything and have to place multiple orders.
In the meantime, I'm using the photos and schematic to verify my 'new' Q and U relays are wired correctly now that they are using the relays from V and H.
I definitely think I need to go back to the start routine, but after I have some of the missing components repopulated in the pin.

When you purchased the machine fifty did you get any feedback on whether the machine had worked. I guess what I am suggesting is that even before you start 'returning the machine to factory' try to better understand what it will do and what it will not. Often returning to factory is easier said than done and as has been said previously any further change can bring about unintended consequences to further cloud the resolution. By using the start routine as the prompt that should give a step by step approach as you gain info to make logical decisions. On the other hand I am conscious that many hacks did not result in a working machine and in that regard adopting a logical course forward is fraught.

#71 5 years ago

From that exercise suggest you try manually advancing the player unit.

#87 5 years ago

Not many places that detached wire can reach. Try an arc and see where it leads-perhaps that first left terminal on the female jones plug.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hoover, AL
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-first-em-surfer-newb-needs-help?tu=wayner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.