1405530566624.jpg
1405529531506.jpg
1405530590738.jpg
1405530577392.jpg
1405520460417.jpg
1405520473002.jpg
1405520444846.jpg
1405520453840.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cactusjack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Do you have any color wheel suggestions?

I think I bought the pantone color set off ebay for around $65 or so. That was the cheapest I could find it. It was the one that is like old spark plug feeler gauges. You get two strip sets. One gloss and one flat. As was stated, they are designed for printers, not painters, but they are more mobile than the side of the game.

The problem is, they have NO whites in the set. For that, you just have to get a bunch of paint cards at the local Hardware store (lowes, Home Depot etc.) to cover an array of off whites.

I prefer Rattle can (spray paint) to mixed latex colors and there are no real matches that I have found to the aged yellowed cabinet paint. The closest I found was Heirloom White which is also a Satin finish so you don't get that super glossy look. It won't blend with color on the same side but it is a close enough match if you do the entire surface and stop at the corners (like doing your front door area). All the other Ivory type colors seem too "tan" to my eyes - too much brown. For touch up using good Old Testers Model Paint (Oil Base Enamel), it is mostly white, a tiny touch of black, and a small touch of yellow to make a good match for small area touch ups.

#29 9 years ago

Oh, and I haven't looked into it but was told there ARE smart phone apps to use your camera to color match. Not sure if they are a purchase or free from the paint companies. Has anyone used this yet?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cactusjack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-first-em-quick-draw?tu=cactusjack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.