Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by tamoore
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

235137FC-3CC9-4902-952B-40D5B7C25240 (resized).jpeg

#1 8 months ago

After much deliberation, research, and game liquidation I ordered my first brand new game. At the recommendation of some pinsiders I tried Metallica Pro and the decision was made. Can't wait to get it! Not a huge fan of the band but love the game play and the art work. Apparently Stern just sold out of them. I had to make a couple phone calls to find someone that had them in stock.

Because this is my first new in the box pin, are there any dos and don'ts to new game ownership? Are there some type of protectors I should install to protect the playfield?

#2 8 months ago

First thing is you can probably get this info in the thread you already have going about it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-advice-on-next-pinball-purchase

#3 8 months ago

The Metallica owners thread is a great place for this! It should be able to answer any questions you have pertaining to your new game, as well as tips, and tricks. I pop in and out of the owners threads for multiple games I own and metallica’s Is the best of the heap. No bickering, bullying, or b.s...just pinsiders stoked about thier game

#4 8 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

First thing is you can probably get this info in the thread you already have going about it.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-advice-on-next-pinball-purchase

Sorry I offended you. I considered this an unrelated post. Thanks.

#5 8 months ago
Quoted from Sonora70:

Sorry I offended you. I considered this an unrelated post. Thanks.

No offense! I'm just a wise ass.

#6 8 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

No offense! I'm just a wise ass.

not sure about the 'wise' part

@OP, enjoy your game
First NIB is a great experience

#7 8 months ago

Congrats! You never forget your first NIB opening.

Kind of like ... well, you get the point.

#8 8 months ago

Congrats! Metallica pro is a fantastic pin.

#9 8 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Congrats! You never forget your first NIB opening.
Kind of like ... well, you get the point.

Hopefully his partner got the point. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

#10 8 months ago

Congrats my first NIB was a Met which I still have 4 years later. Great choice . Here is mine with some Mods

235137FC-3CC9-4902-952B-40D5B7C25240 (resized).jpeg

#11 8 months ago

I’m checking out all the mods. I ordered the shaker motor with the pin. Have to get the snake fangs and the side blades soon.

It’s been non stop reading since I completed the order. Protection is my first priority to protect things like Sparky’s feet etc....

#12 8 months ago

What is Bump n Win? pinball_freak

#13 8 months ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

What is Bump n Win? pinball_freak

It’s an option in settings to show who has scored the highest score of the day, I think! I put it on for fun once, not 100% on details. Sorry

I find regular cleaning and waxing protects pin enough! I do recommend the interactive undercab lighting and back box(not sure how looks on pro) from Mi Pinball Refinery. Mezel Mods and tilt graphics for the others. Cheers

#14 8 months ago

Swap out factory balls, install new code and plop on some cliffy/plastic protectors. Good to go unless something needs to be dialed in.

#15 8 months ago

Congrats on a great choice for a first pin. Don't be upset if it needs a bit of tweaking upon arrival. I have pins from multiple eras and manufacturers and it is just a part of it.

Oh, and start saving for the next one. This is just legalized "drug" trade.

#16 8 months ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Swap out factory balls, install new code and plop on some cliffy/plastic protectors. Good to go unless something needs to be dialed in.

Swap the balls?

#17 8 months ago

The Pinball’s that come with the game. They have been known to be in poor condition. Just inspect them. If they are smooth and shiny use them. If not, replace them.

#18 8 months ago

It's the only game Stern has made recently that checked all the boxes for me to want. Enjoy your NIB experience. It's a very good game.

#19 8 months ago

Get the sparky airball protector from pinbits. The clear one NOT the colored one with the spider web. The etching seems to weaken the protector and it breaks prematurely for some people. Marco has some Mylar magnet rings for Iron Man that fit PERFECT for MET around Sparkys magnet. Maybe a couple cliffys if that’s your thing. I put one in my shooter lane and the shooter lane rail. Other than that not much else. It’s pure cosmetic stuff after that!!! I did the fangs, tongue sticker, side blades, graveyard arch, shaker and sub. Super fun pin.

#20 8 months ago
Quoted from Sonora70:

I’m checking out all the mods. I ordered the shaker motor with the pin. Have to get the snake fangs and the side blades soon.
It’s been non stop reading since I completed the order. Protection is my first priority to protect things like Sparky’s feet etc....

Congrats it's a fantastic pin although you're going to take a substantial hit value wise instead of buying a mint one used

As for protecting his feet what is the best thing to avoid the white from coming off?

#21 8 months ago

You can not be a fan of the band and truly enjoy this game. The music is what makes it better. Old Metallica kicks ass and one of my favorite bands so it makes it that much better for me. Please don't put other tunes other than Metallica, I just don't understand that at all. Congrats!

#22 8 months ago

Great choice.

I'm not a Metallica fan, but the game is just too good to pass up.

#23 8 months ago

Congrats! MetPro was my first NIB game and still love it! Plenty of cool stuff to do with this game if you like mods. Enjoy!

#24 8 months ago

Awesome choice! You certainly can't go wrong with this title. Congrats and enjoy this fun pin.
Plenty to do and will entertain non-stop.
When it arrives and you finally get to open that coin door and smell that NIB aroma there's nothing like it.
Its intoxicating and you will be at it again real soon with another!

#25 8 months ago

Great choice. I am not a big fan of Metallica either but the game is Stern's best. Pro is best bang for the money as well. I had no interest in the game until I started learning the rules and playing. Had to get one.

There are a ton of mods for MET. I highly recommend getting a colordmd and subwoofer. Plastic protectors, larger plastic in front of Sparky to prevent air balls, snack fangs/tongue decal, and mylar around the magnets are cheap things worth doing. It's easy to go crazy with mods but can get expensive.

If this is your first Stern game, be careful raising the playfield. It's not hinged and just slides out. You need to pull out and raise at the same time. It's possible to drop the whole dang playfield into the cabinet. Embarrassed to say I have done that. Sliding the playfield back into the cab is kind of a pain. You have to lift the back of the playfield and push it in. I guess Stern could not be bothered to create a way to raise and lower the playfield like pins had for decades before.

#26 8 months ago
Quoted from tamoore:

It's the only game Stern has made recently that checked all the boxes for me to want. Enjoy your NIB experience. It's a very good game.

just curious, what boxes?

#27 8 months ago

Congrats on the purchase, I hope you enjoy it! Metallica is a great pin

#28 8 months ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

If this is your first Stern game, be careful raising the playfield. It's not hinged and just slides out. You need to pull out and raise at the same time. It's possible to drop the whole dang playfield into the cabinet. Embarrassed to say I have done that. Sliding the playfield back into the cab is kind of a pain. You have to lift the back of the playfield and push it in. I guess Stern could not be bothered to create a way to raise and lower the playfield like pins had for decades before.

Good to know! Thanks for the info!

#29 8 months ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

just curious, what boxes?

Art, dots, layout, price (at the time), availability, sound, rules (although, I have my issues with them now).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 299.00
Lighting - Interactive
...redshiftLED
$ 24.95
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 63.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
5,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Green Bay, WI
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside