(Topic ID: 1751)

My first attempt at re-programming seems good!

By HHaase

13 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hhaase.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 13 years ago

Man, I'm in a GOOOD mood right now. I've been toying with some ideas of re-programming my Black Knight.... nothing big, just some aesthetic changes to the lights and sounds. So I've spent a lot of time and effort to try and decompile the code (never dealt with assembly language before), and had my first piece of success today in a change I wanted to make. Or, at least it tests ok in VPMame.

Now, I know, a pop bumper that flashes when you hit it isn't a huge deal. But when the game didn't do that before, and now it does, it makes me happy. The fact that I've got this even partly figured out is great, it means I can start looking into the more complex stuff that I wanted to do such as adding a knocker when you get extra balls or a free game.

-Hans

#5 13 years ago

I've been laboring to decompile the ROM files, and it's been a hell of a chore to do that.
    Manually doing the edits with notepad++
    Haven't looked into the sound ROM's much at all, not much code but a LOT of raw data in there that I don't know how it was done at all.

-Hans

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hhaase.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-first-attempt-at-re-programming-seems-good?tu=hhaase and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.