Man, I'm in a GOOOD mood right now. I've been toying with some ideas of re-programming my Black Knight.... nothing big, just some aesthetic changes to the lights and sounds. So I've spent a lot of time and effort to try and decompile the code (never dealt with assembly language before), and had my first piece of success today in a change I wanted to make. Or, at least it tests ok in VPMame.
Now, I know, a pop bumper that flashes when you hit it isn't a huge deal. But when the game didn't do that before, and now it does, it makes me happy. The fact that I've got this even partly figured out is great, it means I can start looking into the more complex stuff that I wanted to do such as adding a knocker when you get extra balls or a free game.