• Latest reply 4 months ago by ilovegames
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20220115_052901598 (resized).jpg
image-786.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dphelps.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Have had it less than two weeks and finally managed to roll the score reels and light the 100,000 light. Great feeling. Cashed in on several three in a row frying pans for 4,000 plus an extra ball which helped quite a bit.

image-786.jpgimage-786.jpg
#4 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Way to go Dave!
You will find out however that getting consistant high scores is next to impossible on Klondike as luck plays into the game almost as much as skill. The good news is you will want to play it more because you were so close to beating the game last time around.
Ken

It's true, there is a big luck factor, but there seems to be a fair amount of skill as well. The plunge seems to matter more than most on this game, if you're trying to hit certain rollovers to line up symbols on the reel. The plunge can be tricky. I find myself paying more attention to how I plunge the ball on this game than any other I have. I'm having quite a bit of fun with it.

What I haven't figured out is if there is a reliable way to get the balls into the eject holes in the upper play field to light the pops. There seems to be a lot of luck involved there. No clean shot through the pops to the eject holes.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Nice! This title has been mentioned a lot lately, gonna have to track one down and try it.

It is interesting that there have been a few threads about Klondike recently. I'd been looking for one for a while when I ran across the one Ken sold me. Couldn't resist, since we had the 4 player version of this game in my house growing up. (Goldrush) Of course at the time, I was a kid and knew nothing about how to play pinball. Just banged on the flippers hoping to keep it in play. I'm pretty sure I never cracked 100,000 as a kid.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

It is critical on this game and can make you or break you.

There is no straight forward shots from the flippers to the upper kickout holes so what the game forces you to do is learn how to back flip to get the shot in the hole. Left flipper back flip for the left upper kickout hole and visa-verse for the right. Learning this will increase your skill shots on the game and reduce the luck part even more.
Ken

Interesting. I didn't know you could back flip the ball up there. I'll have to give it a shot. I do have a hard time catching the ball for a backhand shot, since the flippers don't really tilt up at end of stroke, so the ball doesn't always stay on when you try to catch.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dphelps.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-first-100000-score-on-klondike?tu=dphelps and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.