• Iron Maiden 29 votes
    22%
  • Metallica 17 votes
    13%
  • Spider-Man 85 votes
    65%

(131 votes)

#1 3 years ago

Need to make room for Allen SV if and when they are ready to be shipped and no more room in the man cave. Original Spider-Man, Metallica pro, and Iron Maiden pro. I like each one of these games for different reasons and am having a hard time deciding which to sell. I have not beaten any of them, been to super hero but did not complete. Battled the Beast but have not defeated him. Never been to End of the line. SM has the weakest art package, as in no custom art, but really like the 3rd flipper and Venom shot and is my “long” playing game. Favorite super hero pin. Metallica has kick ass art, was my favorite band, love the call outs by the band, love the crank it up modes, and only gripe would be that it’s a 2 flipper game opposed to the others. Iron Maiden, pretty much the same as Metallica, awesome art, awesome shots with 4 flippers, great call outs although not custom by the band, only gripes for me would be music selection, animations, and being a Spike game opposed to SAM although I have never had any problems. So, which game would you get rid of and why?

#2 3 years ago

I own all three and they are staying.
Sell the dining room table and keep the pins.

#3 3 years ago

Can you keep the extra pin with a storage solution? Since you don’t have a least fav, fold two games on end in the space of one pin currently. Now you have room for an AlienV plus you have two pins to rotate into your collection.

#4 3 years ago

Iron Maiden is like chopping wood. Let it go

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Quoted from woody76:

MET is a keeper for me

I have both- MET will go long before IM. As far as this post goes, sell SM

#7 3 years ago

I was faced with the same dilemma. I still own met, and imdn. I do miss spidy though. Good luck with your choice it's a tough one.

#8 3 years ago

I knew most would pick SM. I think it’s one of Ritchies best games. I guess I could sell the Tornado foosball table but playing foosball reminds me of my teens and hard to let that go too. Playing them all right now and man, they are all fun!!! Brother is over, time for some whiskey weed and slayer!!

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Can you keep the extra pin with a storage solution?

Storage? Pffttt. I would lend one out to a friend or family and trade out every so often. You find out that way whether one is a good candidate to sell. I have 8 on loan right now since I can't have all my working ones set up at my house. I feel I'll be letting 2 of these go at some point in the future.

#10 3 years ago

I would sell one of the music pins being content owning one in a three pin collection.

#11 3 years ago

^^^^Huh? I have 6 total, contemplating one of these 3 to sell.

#12 3 years ago

I sold Met Pro--missed it and bought a Premium.
I sold IMDN Premium--miss it and may buy a Pro down the road.
I sold Spiderman--did not miss it a single day.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:Iron Maiden is like chopping wood. Let it go

Yea chopping wood while being hand fed caviar and getting a BJ from a supermodel.

Maiden is easily the best of those three!

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Yea chopping wood while being hand fed caviar and getting a BJ from a supermodel.

LOL, right. If this is the case I've never had so much fun being a lumberjack. I love IMDN.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Then MET is a full-on lumberyard.

Quoted from nicoy3k:

Unfortunately cannot confirm this.

#16 3 years ago

Dump SM

#17 3 years ago

I know exactly which game I’d sell. But that’s meaningless for you. You need more friends. I almost always have a few games at friends houses. They are people I trust, so it’s easy. I look at some pins as very long term ownership games. Games that I’ve lent out multiple times, and have loved when they circle back to me later. When I get them back, it’s like getting a new game, but one I know I love.

Never sell a game you love to play. Figure out another way to solve it. It also leaves your options open for later. Because eventually each game will get stale, and it will be time to sell it. If you sell it before that happens, you’ll just be looking for it later.

#18 3 years ago

Me? I'd dump Scared Stiff.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Same. I did just that. It's certainly a looker, but the play for the price just isn't there.

#20 3 years ago

I had a similar dilemma between Xmen, SM and MET. I love all 3 but I settled on selling XMen; I thought it would end up being SM but after weeks of playing all 3 I made the tough decision. It came down to the call outs just seemed to be less varied in Xmen (I don’t have a problem with the voice acting). SM can have some longer ball times but just has some nice flow and shots.

In your case I would let IMDN go if I owned it for similar reasons. I just don’t find the sound package interesting enough - I like the band but don’t love them and can go long times without hearing them. But that is me.

Good luck with the choice; it is a tough one.

#21 3 years ago

Scared Stiff is probably my all time favorite B/W game, it isn’t going anywhere.

#22 3 years ago

Scared Stiff is the only game I ever sold that I miss. I know it isn’t difficult but it is always fun. I sold it to buy a Tron LE. Tough choice but I do love Tron.

#23 3 years ago

Spiden Man has had it's day.

It's too much an easier playing title to be a forever keeper.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

Spiden Man has had it's day.
It's too much an easier playing title to be a forever keeper.

Good point. It is an easier game but sometimes you need an easier game after getting your ass kicked.

#25 3 years ago

You'll never have trouble locating another SM if you wind up missing it too much.

#26 3 years ago

Take out the center post and open up the outlines and tell me how easy SM is. Yes it is easier than some but as stated you need variety when it comes to a good collection. After playing TWD or IM you need something a little tamer.

#27 3 years ago

Sell spider man. Like others stated, easier to find. Metallica and Iron Maiden better pins in my opinion and harder to find now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.95
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 8.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-favorite-sterns-one-has-to-go?hl=greenandwhite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.