Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 73 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by chad
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6729 (resized).JPG
    There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

Hi guys:

Just thought I would share.

I bought a $25 part from Pinball Life and, when it arrived, it did not work (or so I thought). I spoke to Terry who immediately offered to send me a prepaid return label.

Once he received the part back, he told me that even though the returned part tested out fine, he has sent me a replacement.

The replacement part worked fine and then I realized that the reason the first part did not work was because there was a loose wire on the connector of my machine.

Feeling pretty embarrassed, I e-mailed Terry to not only apologize but to ask if I could reimburse him for the cost of the prepaid return label and his cost of sending the replacement part to me. He absolutely refused to accept any payment from me.

Now, that's what I call a class act!

Roger

#2 7 years ago

... and you sir are what I would call an honest and good person.

Bravo to you both!

#4 7 years ago

I know I'm a repeat customer!

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from rogerdodger:

I e-mailed Terry to not only apologize but to ask if I could reimburse him for the cost of the prepaid return label and his cost of sending the replacement part to me. He absolutely refused to accept any payment from me.

Great story! Hats off to the OP and Pinball Life.

#6 7 years ago

Yep, Terry is a stand up guy!

#7 7 years ago

Pinball Life is hands down my favorite part supplier to do business with

#8 7 years ago

Nice to hear about a great seller experience...they rarely are acknowledged!

#9 7 years ago

I always want pinballlife to have the parts i need but they never do. Wish they had gotten the inventory that pps did because it would be a good price, good service, and without being an a hole.

#10 7 years ago

I ordered some bulbs I ended up not needing from them once and they were happy to take them back and give me a credit for them. I kept them anyway, figured they deserve a break once in awhile also since they're always so decent to their customers.

#11 7 years ago

I always go to PL first, great resource for pinball. Now if they would just get those shiny pinballs back in stock...

#12 7 years ago

Terry is the best. I get as much of my stuff from him as I can get

#13 7 years ago

I placed a order earlier this week and they refunded $8 of my shipping after they shipped it since it fit in a smaller box then expected...this is great service now I just wish I ordered the correct flipper rubber (what the heck is 3/8 flipper rubber for...anyone need any I have 15 of them now) LOL

#14 7 years ago

PBL always first. Hard to beat both their prices and customer service. I think it's the way he does his business. Why be penny-wise, dollar foolish in this hobby? When he takes care of people, they remember and just keep coming back for more. 5 stars (on a 5 star scale of course).

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

I placed a order earlier this week and they refunded $8 of my shipping after they shipped it since it fit in a smaller box then expected...this is great service now I just wish I ordered the correct flipper rubber (what the heck is 3/8 flipper rubber for...anyone need any I have 15 of them now) LOL

3/8 is used on Gottlieb system 3 machines.

Terry and crew are good peeps!

#16 7 years ago

I have added Pinball Life to my parts supplier list. Two orders so far and very satisfied with both. We truly are fortunate to have great parts suppliers to help us fix and restore our games.

#17 7 years ago

PBL is the first place I look for parts. I buy from him whenever possible.

#18 7 years ago

I'm about to place my 3rd order in two weeks and I'm not even angry because PBL is awesome.

#19 7 years ago

PBL are quality folks. Fast delivery, fair prices and super people.

#20 7 years ago

Full marks to the OP for a "good news" thread.

Every time I have ordered from Pinball Life my order was always received super fast and I have always been happy with the packing, quality and price.

#21 7 years ago

Get a room...

#22 7 years ago

Terry, Margaret, their family and staff.
    Made me feel welcome, and appreciated
    at their open house, in a personal and heartfelt
    way.
    More so than just business, they shine as people in the best way.
    Nothing but respect and thanks from here.

#23 7 years ago

I too am a fan

IMG_6729 (resized).JPGIMG_6729 (resized).JPG

#24 7 years ago

It's nice to see a positive thread like this every once in a while. Good to hear things worked out

#25 7 years ago

More kudos here. Pinball Life is my first choice for parts. Terry and Margaret are awesome.

#26 7 years ago

Terry rules!!!!!

#27 7 years ago

Nothing but good things to say about terry

#28 7 years ago

I feel like I order from terry almost weekly anymore. There have been many times I have forgotten parts on my order and I drop him an email and it's a lightning fast reply and parts are added to my order.

If I ever make it to his open house I am bringing him a crap ton of beer. He has some of the best service around.

#29 7 years ago

This thread disappointed me

I swore it would be some noob, in the wrong, calling out PBL. Then Pinside would pile on 2500+ thumbs down on the OP while defending PBL.

But its a warm & fuzzy thread. Shit. I wanted drama

#30 7 years ago

Terry and Margaret are great. I wish I could order all my pinball stuff from them. Very fair prices and always great service.

#31 7 years ago

They have always been fantastic with us and we are in Aus..

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from rogerdodger:

Hi guys:
    Just thought I would share.
    I bought a $25 part from Pinball Life and, when it arrived, it did not work (or so I thought). I spoke to Terry who immediately offered to send me a prepaid return label.
    Once he received the part back, he told me that even though the returned part tested out fine, he has sent me a replacement.
    The replacement part worked fine and then I realized that the reason the first part did not work was because there was a loose wire on the connector of my machine.
    Feeling pretty embarrassed, I e-mailed Terry to not only apologize but to ask if I could reimburse him for the cost of the prepaid return label and his cost of sending the replacement part to me. He absolutely refused to accept any payment from me.
    Now, that's what I call a class act!
    Roger

That's why I buy from them when they have a part I need. You are an honest fellow sir.

#33 7 years ago

Good thread, good to know. I haven't bought anything from them yet, but will do my best to give them business. I like their style. PW, you want some drama? Go over there and kick that little alien in the nut sac, that should stir something up.

#34 7 years ago

Terry has sent me replacement parts for things i screwed up. Seriously who does this? I sent a question to him on advice how to fix a screw up i made during install and he just sent me another $100 part free of charge! Totally my fault but he hooked me up, BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVAH!

Definitely one of the good guys and my first look for parts!

#35 7 years ago

PBL rules.

I'm fortunate enough to live relatively close (30 min) from there.
    They've always had what I needed (plus plenty more I didn't need) so I've never had to shop anywhere else.
    Been using their super bright LED's and translucent rubbers for my last 5 games I shopped and couldn't be happier.

#36 7 years ago

Terry is a Great Guy. I needed side rails fast for a project. Not only did he stay on phone with me and go to shelves and measure odd things, like hole size and mount locations to fit a Surf n Safari. He hurried up and sent out 4 sets of rails for various pins for me fast that day! I've had many trouble free experiences and always check Pinball life website for parts I need.

#37 7 years ago

Pbl is the cheapest you will find the best customer service plus they ship immediately and I mean immediately i love this place

#38 7 years ago

He's a stand up guy. Been buying from him for years and I am glad to always send people his way. I'm glad they carry the stuff they do and that they do stand behind it the way they do. Grateful for them.

#39 7 years ago

PBL provide an awesome service

#40 7 years ago

I bought a number of led pop bumper units from PB and had a problem with just one unit. Terry sent me a second one that also had a problem and then he tested the third one he sent me which worked fine. Great service and my number one go to guy.

#41 7 years ago

I have gotten several orders from PBL. I actually received an order this week. There has been a few times that Terry has refunded part of the shipping charges after shipping if there was an over payment at the time order was paid. I have always been happy with his parts quality and service.

#42 7 years ago

I wish that I lived closer. What a tremendous resource. I went to the open house during Expo

#43 7 years ago

PBL always shipped me the right parts that work and they are fast. Marco and PBR are good too.

#44 7 years ago

Pinball life is top notch and is my go to place. Terry is the best.

#45 7 years ago

Can't beat PBL's bulk boxes of incandescent bulbs. $7.75 for 100. Just wish the 47s would come back in stock....

#46 7 years ago

I have ordered from them three times and they always ship quickly and the items are perfect. Really, nothing to complain about, it is a great company.

#47 7 years ago

This doesn't surprise me one bit, that's why they are my 1st choice for parts. Others could learn from their business model.

#48 7 years ago

Love Terry. He's always ready to talk through an issue on the phone and ships faster than the wind.

#49 7 years ago

Always a great experience ordering from pbl!

#50 7 years ago

I embarrassed myself when I emailed them about a replacement plastic that was opaque and not clear as advertised.

Yep...I'm a dingbat that didn't realize there was protective plastic on it because it was cut so cleanly.

He politely set me straight. Good folks.

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-experience-with-pinball-life and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.