6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6050C25B-E233-4AD8-BE3E-1577672A39A6 (resized).jpeg
#1 6 years ago

I just wanted to share with everyone my recent experience with Peter at http://www.buthamburg.de/. For those of you that may not know they manufacture high-end playfield reproductions. Their playfields are beautifully crafted and have amazing automotive clear coats.

I had ordered one of the last T2 playfields Peter had from his original run about 8 months ago. He clearly stated it was a "B run" meaning it had a blemish. That was that 2 inserts had been swapped. I was fine with that and he gave me a great deal.

I then received the playfield and realized that actually 2 inserts had been swapped (so 4 were incorrect). I contacted him, and he was very honest in that he didn't even notice and he promptly gave me a partial refund. A++

So, today after finishing an over 100-hour restore on my Terminator 2 and after only 15 games, the playfield ended up with serious ghosting. My heart pretty much broke.

I reached out to Peter and included some photos bringing this to his attention. H was totally surprised to see the ghosting as they test all their playfields and supposedly have never incurred this problem.

No additional questions asked he promptly replied that he is sending me a new playfield. He didn't ask for me to pay for shipping, he didn't ask for me to partially pay for the new playfield. He incurred this cost and took care of me, in a matter of 2 days!!

Peter is an absolute stand up person to deal with, and he demeanor and customer-facing care had made this really bummer of a situation almost disappear.

I just want to say thank you Peter, and I have NO hesitation in ordering from you in the future. Buthamburg

#2 6 years ago

Wow. I guess you get to swap it out again ;/)

Good thing you like playfield swaps

#3 6 years ago

Luck for you this was a Stern swap... Heard people waiting months and months for a playfield exchange. Nice to see great customer service is still available!

#4 6 years ago

Ya let’s be honest here, I’m in no way shape or form looking forward to tearing this thing apart again. But shit happens and I’m glad in this instance there was a caring seller involved

2 years later
#5 3 years ago

Old thread but if anyone is still watching, what is ghosting?

7 months later
#6 3 years ago

Hey @boslaw. So ghosting is what can happen to playfield inserts that do not adhere properly to the clearcoat. The result is the insert partially separating from the clear that results in a milky color...notice the milky edges on the insert below... once it’s starts it just gets worse (generally)
Hope this helps

6050C25B-E233-4AD8-BE3E-1577672A39A6 (resized).jpeg6050C25B-E233-4AD8-BE3E-1577672A39A6 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 21.95
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-experience-with-peter-at-buthamburg-a?hl=boslaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.