D848D1C6-7DF2-4C87-990C-4184B7B2D776 (resized).png
D4427C61-94E6-4F02-97C8-AA7825B161F4 (resized).jpeg
F8211220-5EA5-447D-8915-D9E2E2CD2343 (resized).jpeg
0FBE80A1-DD24-4669-A057-536F927E081C (resized).jpeg
C95AB040-C9E5-4864-BB6D-D6230BAF3ABC (resized).jpeg
09F5FD7D-89A8-4C0E-A7D7-68E72365F4EC (resized).jpeg
D27C5722-BAC8-46FD-A66A-B83C68FB220D (resized).jpeg
AF5AA5BE-C028-4B46-86DF-D89CC651EC2D (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Garrett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#51 2 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

My god…
Why am I doing this?
Reference pics for later when I reinstall everything.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Believe it or not, I've started to do the same thing. With stepper units and score motor that clean you just have to continue.....

Looking great!

1 week later
#59 2 years ago

That is absolutely amazing how clean it is. That is a great deal of time and effort, hats off to you. I don’t think I’ve ever seen an EM that completely cleaned! It seriously looks like it just came off the factory floor.

Incredible effort and result. Should play like a dream when back together!

Did you get your spring kits from PBR or somewhere else? Have three step 50’s to go through soon myself.

#70 2 years ago

Excellent work! Looks fantastic, probably the cleanest looking restore I've ever seen in an EM cabinet.

And yes, EM's with 24VDC to the pops and flippers tends to be very fast games. Some of the Williams titles get a bad rap because the playfields are such a mess you don't get the experience the designers intended.

Great work.

1 month later
#95 2 years ago

Just outstanding. I would love to see this in person. Hmm, take $1,200 for it?

#101 2 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

You’re totally right! That’s one of the things I noticed in the lower cabinet after I played a few games before I tore the head down. It definitely has a more confident clickity clack. It’s strange it’s like it’s louder and quieter at the same time. Everything fires strong but you don’t hear any unnecessary squeaks or whines of the motors or steppers. Just strong snaps.

Absolutely. I've never cleaned a pin to this extent but just cleaning up all the steppers and score reels makes an EM very snappy sounding, like it should.

#114 2 years ago

Looks great inside and out! Watched this thread for a while, outstanding attention to detail and great results.

When the ball is rolling on a flat surface again, late 70’s EM’s are extremely fast. Ok, how’s about $1,500 :p

3 months later
#151 1 year ago

Nice work as usual for you!

Where did you get those pliers? I'm going to need them at some point too.

2 weeks later
#159 1 year ago

Great looking result as usual

#161 1 year ago

What did you use for the stencil?

I do like the crisp look vs a slight traditional overspray due to the paper/reusable stencil.

2 weeks later
#186 1 year ago

Turned out great, as usual.

I like the unseen areas to be painted as well when doing a cab. They didn’t do it in production to save time and money, no need for a coin op game.

When fully restoring a cab, it just looks right.

#191 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Thanks man! Its funny if you look at my threads for other games, you'll see that im a hack man. I have ruined and fixed ruined and fixed mistakes over and over again. Just gotta keep going, and if you step back and dont like it, say it "F*** it!" and do it again haha.

Absolutely spot on. Not the hack comment though, not at all. It's your attention to details that provide such a great result.

You get better at restoring by learning from mistakes. And man have I made my share too. And will certanly make more

You see so many threads people start about restoring but many don't finish. It takes a lot of time so patience is a must.

If I retire one day I know what my I'll be doing. There's just something about getting a 50 year old pin looking and playing like new again.

2 weeks later
#197 1 year ago

Top notch.

#204 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Put the head back on the cab, mostly just to get it out of the way, but I am getting excited to see the game come back together.
[quoted image]

That looks fantastic, very well done. I wish they would have brought the purple found in the back glass into the cabinet. It does look great right now!

It is violent at the pops and would hate to see an issue with the clear coat after all the effort it takes.

But I don’t know if the 2k needs time out gas and if the Mylar would be an issue with that or residual die back.

#206 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I made a “Cliffy” of sorts to protect the clear coat in the shooter lane. I’ve learned from other projects that this is the first area to start chipping and ghosting from the ball impact. There’s just enough coverage so that the ball clears the surface.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

When can we buy kits?

#208 1 year ago

Where did you get them from?

3 weeks later
#226 1 year ago

It looks great!

But how does it play?

#231 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

It’s insane how fast it is! I swear the thing is going to destroy itself. I love the game play of this one, fastest EM I’ve ever personally played.

But I don’t think the speed is too far off from how fast it played when it was brand new. It’s a smooth playing surface once again. But I don’t know, was playing the arcade video games when I was a kid. Hated pinball :p

Can you take a video? Most gameplay videos out there are on tables in less than smooth condition.

2 weeks later
#255 1 year ago

One question for you mrm_4

You used a washer under all the playfield posts. When I re-assembled my Aztec the posts appeard to push into the clear coat around the outer edges quite a bit. I would assume the washer prevents the post from digging into the clear but also allows for the post to sit firmly on the playfield?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Garrett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-dy-no-mite-strato-flite?tu=Garrett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.