20150107_235032r.jpg
20150111_225852.jpg
DSC03077.JPG
DSC03075.JPG
DSC03076.JPG
JD_Final.png
last.jpg
3218887-judges-predator_versus_judge_dredd#2-control.png
There are 293 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#202 10 years ago

Black flippers would look best I would think.

#203 10 years ago

I need the side decals for the back box but can't find them anywhere. Does any one know where to buy them?

#204 10 years ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

Also how easy/hard is it to remove siderails and put them back on? Never tried myself.

I recently replaced the siderails on my TOTAN which will be the same on any B/W game, I created a thread on what I did along with pictures for each step:

http://www.pinballrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1902

I use to have a JD and miss is a lot! I hope to add another one back to my line up in the future so I can re-join this club.

#205 10 years ago

Wow FAST shipping from Canada (Thanks "PinsOnly")! Now to decide what color bats to go with them. image.jpgimage.jpg

#206 10 years ago

Anyone looking for a completely restored JD, I just listed mine on E-Bay. Hate to part with it but need some funds for another hobby project. Same reason for selling the bike too. Thanks-Joe

ebay.com link: JUDGE DREDD COMPLETELY RESTORED FULL UPGRADE PACKAGE MANY OPTIONS

#207 10 years ago

I vote for yellow rubber with the black toppers and black rubber on the yellow one.

#208 10 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

I vote for yellow rubber with the black toppers and black rubber on the yellow one.

I'm changing the bat itself. So as opposed to yellow bats that I currently have I'm going gold I think. I'm just trying to see when Pinballcenter will get the small gold bat back in stock. Now the rubbers are set for now in either red or blue as I've got SuperBands and Saturn rings that will last awhile.

#209 10 years ago

Oooh, I did not know that anyone made a gold mini flipper. The only alternative I knew of was the brushed aluminum at pinball life.

Any more thoughts on Super Bands with Judge Dredd?

#210 10 years ago

I have super bands on mine and they are great.

#212 10 years ago

So I found the 2" flipper bat in gold at PinballDecals. Pinballcenter is out of stock - edit back in stock now 2-25-2014

http://www.pinballdecals.com/PlayfieldMirrorPartsPage.html
http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/flipper-small-without-logo-gold-p-2389.html?language=english

image.jpgimage.jpg

#213 10 years ago

I picked up another locking Deadworld ring this time in blue from Pinsider "JASONPAULBAUER" here and he also made me some slingshot protectors in the same blue material. I had to do a little trimming with my diamond cutting wheel on my Dremel to fit the left sling. Kinda cool as opposed to a clear slingshot protector.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage-595.jpgimage-595.jpg

#215 10 years ago

Got the gold flipper bats installed, flipper bat covers on, and rebuilt the flipper assemblies tonight. Might change to clear flipper bands to show off the gold better in the future.image-733.jpgimage-733.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage-967.jpgimage-967.jpgimage-314.jpgimage-314.jpg

#216 10 years ago

Looks really good! I saw some clear bands on a STLE the other day and they looked sweet. I wouldn't have thought to use clear ones until seeing them in person.

1 week later
#217 10 years ago

I like the blue! I put red superbands on my DH and SST, but couldn't decide what to do with JD. Going to have to go blue I think.

On another note, WTB the PF plastic that goes over the captive balls.

Apparently, the screw stripped out of the hole that held the right metal part of the right ramp, pushing it up under the plastic and breaking it.

Plus, the ramp shot is harder to hit because of the give without the screw. (Looking for the right screw to replace the stripped one...)

#218 10 years ago

Trying to light up that back of the my JD playfield... Area always seemed dark to me.

photo.JPGphoto.JPG

#219 10 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Trying to light up that back of the my JD playfield... Area always seemed dark to me.

Looks good. I am going to try something similar soon. Is that a pinballbulbs or similar strip?

#220 10 years ago

PinSound boards getting close to completion!
http://www.pinsound.org
http://www.pinsound.org/blog/
image.jpgimage.jpg

#221 10 years ago

Are you looking to replace some of the music or sounds? Or just improve the sound quality?

#222 10 years ago

That is awesome Rob, looks better and better. Ready to sell it?

Bill

#223 10 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

photo.JPG 213 KB

I did the same thing with mine. I also added 7 spots to it.

20140210_230403.jpg20140210_230403.jpg
#224 10 years ago

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic.

#225 10 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Are you looking to replace some of the music or sounds? Or just improve the sound quality?

Mainly improve the sound quality right now - but I'm sure I'll play with a few different sound tracks as the same old same old gets boring sometimes.

Quoted from BillP:

That is awesome Rob, looks better and better. Ready to sell it?
Bill

Thanks Bill - Not ready to sell yet - after all I would be pinless. I also don't think anyone would offer me anywhere near as much money as I've put into this thing. It's pretty ridiculous.

Quoted from Gov:

I did the same thing with mine. I also added 7 spots to it.

20140210_230403.jpg 269 KB

That's the brightest JD I've EVER seen!

#226 10 years ago

I just noticed in Gov's picture above that he has white rubber rings on the 2 clear plastic posts that are attached to the top of the left slingshot plastic. Is this how it is supposed to be?

#227 10 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

That's the brightest JD I've EVER seen!

Ya, some people don't like it, but I hate not being able to see the ball. I have been severely spoiled by Stern Star Trek and its stellar GI lighting and overall brightness. I strive to make all of my location games now match the clarity and brightness of ST. It is hard on some games, but doable.

Quoted from PinRob:

I just noticed in Gov's picture above that he has white rubber rings on the 2 clear plastic posts that are attached to the top of the left slingshot plastic. Is this how it is supposed to be?

I think so......

#228 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Ya, some people don't like it, but I hate not being able to see the ball. I have been severely spoiled by Stern Star Trek and its stellar GI lighting and overall brightness. I strive to make all of my location games now match the clarity and brightness of ST. It is hard on some games, but doable.

Do those double spots themselves on the slings mess with your field of view at all?

#230 10 years ago

My JD arrives Saturday .. CANNOT wait!!

1 week later
#231 10 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Well Judge Dredd got his new uniform today. So it's off with the 20 year old faded ones and on with the new.

image.jpg 256 KB

image.jpg 302 KB

image.jpg 184 KB

image.jpg 234 KB

OMG PinRob - my Judge Dredd is so faded it's unreal, these look great (your whole machine looks chuffin' amazing actually, maybe the best Judge Dredd ever! Do you have those as high res scan then, could you email me a zip/link if I trade my soul? I'd be forever in your debt, so when I can afford it I could get them printed and applied - would look as good as new!

Great modding you've done there!

#232 10 years ago

Taking a quick break from work to play a game of JD ... respect the Judge!
JD.JPGJD.JPG

#233 10 years ago

Sweet looking new sound board
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

2 weeks later
#234 10 years ago

Just wanted to say that this is an amazing thread, and I am subscribed.

The work that you have done to this machine is outstanding.

#235 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Just wanted to say that this is an amazing thread, and I am subscribed.
The work that you have done to this machine is outstanding.

Thanks, and my machine is still evolving. I think by mid summer I should have the brass plating and new decals on the cab done.

#236 10 years ago

Looking good Rob! Save a few bucks for that new color DMD. I have a feeling they might make it just to shut us up.

#237 10 years ago

Color DMD for JD would be a welcome addition to the line up. There's enough of'em out there to make a case for producing them..?

#238 10 years ago
Quoted from dfsays:

Color DMD for JD would be a welcome addition to the line up. There's enough of'em out there to make a case for producing them..?

I honestly don't think so... But I wish they would!

#239 10 years ago

I think they try to go by what games are worth, at least it seems that way. They probably figure (and I don't blame them) that if a game costs $4000+, people are more likely to spend 10% of what the machine cost on a mod. However, since JD is a $2000ish game, how many people are willing to spend 20%+ on such a mod? I know there are a handful of us here that would as we are the loudest. It would be interesting to see. I think we will start seeing Stern stuff before we get to that point.

#240 10 years ago

Well I'd do it if I was running ColorDMD just to show how cool the ColorDMD is and can be in a machine with GREAT animations. Price point of the machine itself really shouldn't matter IMO.

#241 10 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Well I'd do it if I was running ColorDMD just to show how cool the ColorDMD is and can be in a machine with GREAT animations. Price point of the machine itself really shouldn't matter IMO.

Well, you have to think about it from their end.

They have to take the time and trouble to re-color the dots and make the product. To make a profit and get a nice ROI they need to sell many of them. The odds of a pinball owner with a $8,000+ machine are greater to buy a $500 product VS people with a $2300 machine.

Still, its a nice thought!

#242 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Well, you have to think about it from their end.
They have to take the time and trouble to re-color the dots and make the product.

I'm sure they still need the return on investment but it doesn't really include the product itself. The product cost is virtually the same as a Sigma alone. I would assume it is a lot of work to colorize these titles but they weight that against the sales that they wouldn't get from the Sigma alone. I know for me, I'd love to get a ColorDMD but it isn't worth the price to me if it isn't for the full colorized dots.
Here's hoping...

#243 10 years ago

Honest question: How many Judge Dredd owners would pay $399 to own a Color DMD for their game?

#244 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Honest question: How many Judge Dredd owners would pay $399 to own a Color DMD for their game?

I would. The conclusion I came to is that I can spend a lot of money on this machine and still have a better value than almost anything I could replace it with.

#245 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Yes, hell I'd pay $499 if that were the price

#246 10 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

I would. The conclusion I came to is that I can spend a lot of money on this machine and still have a better value than almost anything I could replace it with.

Quoted from PinRob:

Yes, hell I'd pay $499 if that were the price

Thats 2.

I think they need 250+ to actually do it.

#247 10 years ago

We now stand at least 3 strong!

#248 10 years ago

I am tempted to try the DIY route, that way you get at least the 4 colors. It looks pretty good in some of the examples that have been posted.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-addams-family-poor-mans-color-dmd/page/4#post-1509520

#249 10 years ago

I would, but only bc I got my very nice JD for $1100 I will be honest, had I paid over $2000 for it, I would have to think hard about it. I do think though that JD has the possibility to be the best looking ColorDMD release. Xmen would look pretty amazing as well as they are both based on the comics.

#250 10 years ago
Quoted from gabegabegabe:

I am tempted to try the DIY route, that way you get at least the 4 colors. It looks pretty good in some of the examples that have been posted.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-addams-family-poor-mans-color-dmd/page/4#post-1509520

4 Colors and headache for $260...

Full color and plug & play for $399... (if they ever make it).

Hrmm

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 85.00
$ 37.50
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 293 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-dredd-i-am-the-law/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.