20150107_235032r.jpg
20150111_225852.jpg
DSC03077.JPG
DSC03075.JPG
DSC03076.JPG
JD_Final.png
last.jpg
3218887-judges-predator_versus_judge_dredd#2-control.png
There are 293 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 11 years ago

yes here is email...send him a line for a better price...I sent you a PM...

Judge Dredd Crane and Light assy:
[email protected]

1 week later
#102 11 years ago

Dredd IS the law.

#103 11 years ago

I wanted to hang one of my extra JD translite's on the wall but also wanted it to be lit from the rear like it is on the backbox. So after some searching I found an affordable frameless light display on eBay. I still have to get some solid color poster board (maybe blue or black) to frame it out because the translite is smaller than the display box. Should be cool on the wall when I'm done. And for 40 bucks for the light display I'm happy - as every other display box in the size I needed was over 100.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#104 11 years ago

Got it bordered in orange but might try it in blue too.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#105 11 years ago

Just hung it -

image.jpgimage.jpg

#106 11 years ago

Got rid of jd dropping it off in the next couple of days

#107 11 years ago

That looks sweet PinRob

#108 11 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

That looks sweet PinRob

Thanks - now my wife didn't say that but she didn't say it had to go either (she asks me what are you up to and then rolls her eyes)

#109 11 years ago

PinRob, your the man. If I could have one pinball machine, it would be Judge Dredd. And yours is looking good.

#110 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

PinRob, your the man. If I could have one pinball machine, it would be Judge Dredd. And yours is looking good.

Thanks o-din, when I get into something I usually go all out on it. My motto has always been "it's all about the details" and so that's what I'll be doing to my JD. I will eventually get upgraded backbox speakers & a sub, rear light mod, shooter lanes light mod, under cab light, brass plate all metal, and some brass/gold mirror blades. I think that's all I want for it off the top of my head. I'll be in it for a whole lot of $$$ by the time I'm done.

#111 11 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

I think that's all I want for it off the top of my head. I'll be in it for a whole lot of $$$ by the time I'm done.

When a pinball machine only costs $1400, it leaves enough money leftover to spend on it without making you worry or care. And JD deserves every penny!

4 weeks later
#112 10 years ago

Put in the LED strips I got from Andy in the UK. Rear of playfield is so much better lit up and the under cabinet LED's are just cool. I didn't get to installing the shooter lanes LED mod "in Red" yet but will soon.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#113 10 years ago

You've come a long way, pilgrim.

JeremiahJohnson-Still1_CR.jpgJeremiahJohnson-Still1_CR.jpg

#114 10 years ago

Shooter lanes done! Pretty cool though they are not always on - they are interactive with gameplay.

3 weeks later
#115 10 years ago

Man, your JD is so sweet! I bought mine about the same time as you but I haven't done any modding with mine (yet). I want a kicking machine like yours but I'm kind of afraid to try. Plus for all the money it would take I keep debating whether I'd just be better off putting it towards a second machine. Just can't make up my mind nor do I have the extra cash yet.

#116 10 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

Man, your JD is so sweet! I bought mine about the same time as you but I haven't done any modding with mine (yet). I want a kicking machine like yours but I'm kind of afraid to try. Plus for all the money it would take I keep debating whether I'd just be better off putting it towards a second machine. Just can't make up my mind nor do I have the extra cash yet.

Thanks, and I say get the extra cash first and then see which way you want to go with JD or another machine.

3 weeks later
#117 10 years ago

Just checking a opto for another guy here in tests and noticed my machine has 1,033 plays. Pretty good I guess for being 20 years old. Don't know if someone somehow reset the number of plays?

#118 10 years ago

What. No new pictures???

#119 10 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

What. No new pictures???

I think my next pictures will be when I get it all brass plated. Or maybe when I get some action figures put on the playfield (still debating that one though).

#120 10 years ago

Wow.. Looking wicked with all the Leds and all... We have been working on ours today and tonight.

Progress for sure. It works just has some quirky stuff to figure out.. Some of the lower BG lights are out.. I think we may have a burnt connector ?

We replaced an Opto... Fixed the rubber on Subway entrance. . Still some things to go.

Thx for the amazing Pics .

NT

#121 10 years ago
Quoted from NicToria:

Progress for sure. It works just has some quirky stuff to figure out.. Some of the lower BG lights are out.. I think we may have a burnt connector ?
NT

Thanks and yep probably a burnt connector - go trifurcon and replace the male pins too.

1 week later
#122 10 years ago

Well I just bought the crane mod from Andy in the UK. While I may do some custom decal work to it when it arrives I think it's going to be a nice addition to my machine. I'll update with some actual pics of it when it arrives and my ideas on the decal changes.

#123 10 years ago

I dig that crane. Got one on my dredd. Much better than my broken plastic one

2 weeks later
#124 10 years ago

I got a couple shields that will probably go on the lockdown bar and the coin door after Mike Chestnut does it all up in brass.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#125 10 years ago

Check this out... last week I saw this on Craigslist.. was going to jump on it but I already have a JD, so I notified members of our local pinball club, the Mystic Krewe, and one of them grabbed it... what a deal!

cl-jd.jpgcl-jd.jpg

#126 10 years ago

Holy cow!!

#127 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

Check this out... last week I saw this on Craigslist.. was going to jump on it but I already have a JD, so I notified members of our local pinball club, the Mystic Krewe, and one of them grabbed it... what a deal!

And who said deals can't be had...

viperrwk

#128 10 years ago

Here's a pic of some new insert cards I made for my JD

JD_Cards.jpgJD_Cards.jpg

#129 10 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Here's a pic of some new insert cards I made for my JD

I like those better than the others I have seen. Will you share?

#130 10 years ago

Sure I can share

This has an alternate free play card and some coin door icons I made for the slots on my euro door.

The page is set to A4 and not US Letter. So make sure if you print it that you do so at 100% size.

#131 10 years ago

Wow, two versions of free play and coin door inserts. These are going in my machine right away.

You should send those over to PinballRebel.

#132 10 years ago

Any chance you can reformat that file to be able to print on 8.5"x11" or provide individual JPEG? The set up is such that it's difficult not to split the image across two pages with 8.5x11 paper.

#133 10 years ago

Sorry I didn't realise that US Letter was so much smaller than A4 that even the artwork in the middle will be cropped off.

I've made an 8.5 x 11 file for you

I also put a few of the coin door inserts on a large black background to cut to any size in the event that the others are too small.

#134 10 years ago

We should probably move this to the Dredd Owners thread ( http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only/page/4 ) so that we can stop hijacking this thread. These look so cool that you shouldn't keep this to yourself.

#135 10 years ago

Ok, Time to commit. I picked up a project JD in the fall. Until I get time to go through it I felt under qualified to be in. Pics

Iphone_025.JPGIphone_025.JPG Iphone_026.JPGIphone_026.JPG

#136 10 years ago

Well I came across this little beauty and didn't want to pass it up.

Pinball_029.JPGPinball_029.JPG

#137 10 years ago

I hope to have the first one gone through and FS at the Ohio show in February . Hopefully to another Pinsider.

#138 10 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

I've made an 8.5 x 11 file for you.

I found a typo that you may want to fix - the rule card says that SuperGame starts with 3 ball multiball but it should be 2 ball. The card is almost perfect!

#139 10 years ago

Good point! When I designed those cards I didn't have the deadworld mod installed and my SuperGame games did start with 3-ball multiballs. I should check whether or not they still do and adjust the rule card.

#140 10 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Good point! When I designed those cards I didn't have the deadworld mod installed and my SuperGame games did start with 3-ball multiballs. I should check whether or not they still do and adjust the rule card.

You might have an opto problem. The original rule card says 2 ball. That is also what I get with L7 ROM and the Pinbits L1AT with Deadworld locking.

#141 10 years ago

I and other JD owners in New Zealand I know of all have the same behaviour that differs from what seems to be normal in the US, despite having the same ROM version. Perhaps when you select a different region the code is slightly different?

With my L7 ROM standard multiball (and subsequent Ultimate Challenge) has always had 6 balls when I understand it is supposed to be only 4-ball, with the 6-ball multiball reserved only for the mode Ultimate Challenge (upon completing all modes). And all SuperGame modes start with 3 balls, launching the other 3 into play when JUDGE is completed for 'reinforcements' when I understand that it's supposed to be 2 balls with the other 4 as reinforcements.

Definitely no opto problems.

#142 10 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

I and other JD owners in New Zealand I know of all have the same behaviour that differs from what seems to be normal in the US, despite having the same ROM version. Perhaps when you select a different region the code is slightly different?
With my L7 ROM standard multiball (and subsequent Ultimate Challenge) has always had 6 balls when I understand it is supposed to be only 4-ball, with the 6-ball multiball reserved only for the mode Ultimate Challenge (upon completing all modes). And all SuperGame modes start with 3 balls, launching the other 3 into play when JUDGE is completed for 'reinforcements' when I understand that it's supposed to be 2 balls with the other 4 as reinforcements.
Definitely no opto problems.

Hmm - that's sounds better IMO. I'd like to know more if anyone knows about this. ?

#143 10 years ago

accidental - I loved your cards so much I couldn't help but steal your idea. I hope you don't mind! I'm also open to any suggestions anyone has, although my artistic skills are extremely limited.

jd_cards.pngjd_cards.png

3 weeks later
#144 10 years ago

Pinrob - how did those GLM flipper boards work out? I'm asking because I still see reports (perhaps from the older design) of the flipper boards getting interference from the nearby shooter solenoids.

#145 10 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Pinrob - how did those GLM flipper boards work out? I'm asking because I still see reports (perhaps from the older design) of the flipper boards getting interference from the nearby shooter solenoids.

There not in yet, but I had also heard about this problem so I talked to Tony at Great Lakes Modular. He said that they will work and the problem is that people are not tightening the magnet down (something to that affect as I remember). But I will be installing them, its just going to be awhile since I'm waiting to do that after I put on the new cab decal set I'm getting and that's going to take some time to do.

#146 10 years ago

I put those GLM flipper magnet boards in my Dredd before I sold it and the flips were strong! I didnt get any long term play with them, I glued them into place when I found the sweet spot.

#147 10 years ago

this thread really make me want a Judge Dredd.

#148 10 years ago

I have a GLM flipper board on the left side. When you get them dialed in, they work well... they are just extremely finicky in getting them set up. Recommended electrical tape worked horribly for securing the magnet for me. Oddly enough, scotch tape worked on the first time I tried it. I then put a strip of electrical tape over the scotch to make sure it didn't move. I also have to pad the shooter bracket with something because on hard flips the magnet board will hyperextend itself and attach to the bracket, which completely ruins a game. I may someday return to the original board if I don't get that straightened out.

#149 10 years ago

Well Judge Dredd got his new uniform today. So it's off with the 20 year old faded ones and on with the new.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#150 10 years ago

WHO,WHAT,WERE,and HOW MUCH??. Please fill us in, or share the art file.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 293 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-dredd-i-am-the-law/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.