“Which pin would you buy?”

• ACDC Premium 53 votes
    37%
  • Walking Dead Premium 81 votes
    56%
  • Keep STTNG - ACDC and TWD are not for me! 11 votes
    8%

(145 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

While TWD and Metallica are definitely different style games, they are also both very much typical bash fests. I enjoy walking dead, but I like the change up and flow of acdc better when you already have a bash game like Metallica. That said, either option is great. Why don't you consider Aerosmith? While it has some elements of bashing the toy box, it is just a really fun more family friendly game.

MET is bash toy & multiball heavy with great flow. Takes quite a bit to get to any CIU modes and very difficult to reach wizard modes.

TWD is more strategy, with cool modes and many mini wizard modes to play along the way to get to the major wizard modes.

I wouldn't call it a bash fest though. There are 2 bash toys toys to Metallica's 4.

Aerosmith is like Metallica "lite". You play modes from the get go.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Thanks for all the great opinions. We are a 2 pin house here, not going to change. Right now our MET Pro is a lifetime keeper for us and STTNG is on the chopping block. I've played AS more than TWD and ACDC and I don't really care for AS. I agree with the post that it feels like MET lite. I don't base my decisions on the kids anymore, they don't play the pins anyway, I buy for me and my wife. But I do admit, what has stopped me from TWD is the theme is a little hard core to have around kids, particularly with the DMD animations. Just have to get past that hang up. Wife wants ACDC more, the lack of magnets is a bummer, I like playfield magnets like on MET and TWD.

Agree with the "rough on the eyes" thing. A color DMD LCD set to hi-res helps make the animations "cartoon-like".

I had to do some convincing with my wife as well. It's my 7-yr-old's favorite pin. He knows it's fake stuff.

So far he has not hit the family dog with a crowbar or anything.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Is TWD mode based like STTNG or is it more like MET?

It's Mode based, but there are a lot more things going on than just completing the 5 modes.

Not everything is in these, but you'll get the idea:

http://tiltforums.com/t/walking-dead-wiki-rulesheet/122
http://papa.org/2015/01/01/the-walking-dead-rulesheet/

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

I owned a premium and recently put a bunch of plays on a pro, and I think pro all the way.
I hated the BG ramp and Crossbow and they were the main reasons I sold mine. That left ramp is just so much smoother on the pro. I had so much fun playing the pro, I'm on the lookout for a used one nearby.
You can't go wrong with either one though.
TWD all day long over ACDC.

I think the BG ramp and crossbow are fantastic. It doesn't happen often but getting multiball and using the crossbow at the same time is trippy!

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

You are both right. I only agree with one of you, but both of you are right.

I upvoted this 0.5

1 week later
#62 6 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

I just picked up both these pins recently. I'm having a lot more fun with TWD right now but I'm still not sure what I'm doing on ACDC. I need to read up on the ACDC rules. Only problem with TWD is my daughter won't even go in that room anymore. I didn't see that coming. TWD is the winner so far.

There's an Alt translite that's might be in you future. Someone had the "crate" version for sale a couple weeks ago for $70 on pinside.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-me-your-walking-dead-alternate-translite-where-to-buy

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 64.99
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-decision-2017-twd-prem-or-acdc-prem?tu=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.