(Topic ID: 287843)

My daughters battle and Cointaker

By Push600

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EC2E5D8B-DB7A-4EC4-9C30-54665C24B782 (resized).jpeg
    B38E1C8D-C300-4C91-B1D9-89C3BD63C626 (resized).jpeg
    #1 3 years ago

I will try to make this very short and sweet. In September 2018 our family was struck with pediatric cancer. We found out in the emergency room that my 11-year-old daughter had stage 4 sarcoma cancer. A fairly rare cancer.
    She battled through thick and thin for 14 months of treatment. The first 2-3 weeks was critical.
    It is known for this type of cancer to almost always come back. And we learned last month that it has. She had her first treatment again last week. She had her second last night.
    When her and my wife arrived home this morning they were met with a big box full of goodies. Money, very memorable gifts, a toy for her cats, and a nice stern sweatshirt that she loves. And she could care less about Pinball LOL
    I have been acquaintances with Chris and Melissa Marquette of Cointaker over the years from seeing them at shows. Never great friends, just acquaintances. I say this because this is the type of thing you might expect from your best friends. This came from the heart.
    This wonderful box of joy came from them. And it lit my daughter up. I can’t say enough about them. This goes far beyond the hobby. Thank you Cointaker!
    FYI: 4% of all cancer funding from the federal government goes to pediatric cancer. Only 4%!

B38E1C8D-C300-4C91-B1D9-89C3BD63C626 (resized).jpegB38E1C8D-C300-4C91-B1D9-89C3BD63C626 (resized).jpegEC2E5D8B-DB7A-4EC4-9C30-54665C24B782 (resized).jpegEC2E5D8B-DB7A-4EC4-9C30-54665C24B782 (resized).jpeg

#2 3 years ago

What a lovely thing to do. Amazing people! And I wish your daughter a full recovery. I know this must be hard for you guys, if you ever need a fellow pinhead and fellow dad to talk to or vent to, just PM me.

#3 3 years ago

That’s amazing! I love this post!
    The absolute best to your little girl, she seems like a fighter. I’m a dad of 2 girls and this hit me right where it counts. I hope everything comes out good and much love to Cointaker!

#4 3 years ago

Thanks for sharing your story and a big thumbs up to Cointaker. Best wishes for your daughter's health, and for your family as this is difficult on everyone. Cancer sucks!

#5 3 years ago

Great post and an even better picture, thanks for sharing. It is so awful that your family is going through this battle again. Cancer sucks but when it hits a kid it is so much worse. After all she has gone through and after having just had a treatment she has such a bright smile! It is great to hear how some in our pinball community can be so thoughtful. I know it is often said and the words sometimes sound empty, but I will be keeping you and your daughter in my prayers for strength.

#6 3 years ago

Awesome picture.

I am sorry to hear about your daughter. As a dad that hits you hard anytime you hear about cancer. That must be really tough. Love the gift. I have never bought anything from cointaker but they will get some business from me somehow someday.

#7 3 years ago

What can i do? can you PM me your address with things that you amazing, brave and beautiful daughter likes?... I would like to send her a care package!

#8 3 years ago

All prayers to your daughter and family. I am so glad she pulled through. Life is precious as is family. I lost three children and that puts things in perspective. I am 50 and diagnosed with Parkinson’s and have had it since I was in the navy in 1992.

Cherish everyday and never go to bed angry and make sure to say I love you every chance you get. Tomorrow is not guaranteed to anyone. Keep playing and enjoy your family.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

All prayers to your daughter and family. I am so glad she pulled through. Life is precious as is family. I lost three children and that puts things in perspective. I am 50 and diagnosed with Parkinson’s and have had it since I was in the navy in 1992.
    Cherish everyday and never go to bed angry and make sure to say I love you every chance you get. Tomorrow is not guaranteed to anyone. Keep playing and enjoy your family.

My God. I can’t imagine.

#10 3 years ago

Fight hard little one. Be strong Dad and Mom. Much love and prayers to you all.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from Joeymonkey:

What a lovely thing to do. Amazing people! And I wish your daughter a full recovery. I know this must be hard for you guys, if you ever need a fellow pinhead and fellow dad to talk to or vent to, just PM me.

Thank you so much!

#12 3 years ago

I buy most of my games thru them. Nice people who always go the extra mile. Sending good thoughts to your daughter’s recovery.

#13 3 years ago

The folks at Coin Taker are the best love dealing with them always fast shipping and very very nice people to talk to. Best wishes on your daughter's recovery.

#14 3 years ago

She will make it.

God Bless her!

1 year later
    #15 2 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

What can i do? can you PM me your address with things that you amazing, brave and beautiful daughter likes?... I would like to send her a care package!

I just re-read this post. I apologize, I must’ve missed you’re request.
    I am re-reading the post because she has, for the third time, been re-diagnosed. This time we are in no man’s land and it’s not looking good.
    I would be more than happy to provide information for you to send her a care package. I do not expect anything like that ever. But I just wanted to respond to you.

#16 2 years ago

Sorry to hear. As many of us have loved ones or know of someone that’s battled cancer it is tough. My mom is going through it now and it’s not looking good long term. I am glad she has lived a full life but it doesn’t lessen the loss you know is coming and there is nothing you can do. I can only imagine how much harder it must be to experience this with a child that will be robbed of all that life may offer. Make the most of your/her time together experiencing everything you can!!!

Thoughts and prayers!!!

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from Push600:

I just re-read this post. I apologize, I must’ve missed you’re request.
    I am re-reading the post because she has, for the third time, been re-diagnosed. This time we are in no man’s land and it’s not looking good.
    I would be more than happy to provide information for you to send her a care package. I do not expect anything like that ever. But I just wanted to respond to you.

I am so so sorry! When I saw this thread come back up I clicked on it and was hoping to hear some wonderful news about your Daughter. Just reading your post I felt so devastated words cannot express! Please don’t ever lose faith, you are never in “no mans land”, surround yourself with friends and family and reach out to your Pinside family as well, we are here for you!
    The last thing I will say is what I’m sure you know, the medical field has come very far, my wife beat cancer at a young age, my brother has Leukemia and finally has it in check with the help of drugs that are in clinical trials and as I am typing this I have 2 brain tumors in my head. So please don’t ever lose hope!
    Now if you could please message me your address and a list of things that you’re a wonderful daughter likes my wife and I will put together a care package and send it her way, we will also be sending prayers.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-daughters-battle-and-cointaker- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.