(Topic ID: 104045)

My dad 'rage quitted' pinball altogether

By robbiedoo

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PS_0244W_LMAO_t-904.jpg
    drunk-ronald-mcdonald.jpg
    lightning_bolt_guy.jpg
    smartcar.jpg
    Funrise_Electronic_Tabletop_Pinball_Machine2z5Detail.jpg
    There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 9 years ago

At least it wasn't an impulse buy car that landed on him.

#52 9 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

How the hell do you manage to accidentally knock over a pinball machine?

sounds like somebody got a little "teed off" (rimshot)...

#53 9 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

At least it wasn't an impulse buy car that landed on him.

I think these are his friends....

smartcar.jpgsmartcar.jpg

#54 9 years ago

Next time, get him a Hercules.

#55 9 years ago

did anyone took a picture? lollll i'd love to see the machine upside down.

#56 9 years ago

Stories like this are just going to lead to Lightning Bolt Guy showing up on pins!
    lightning_bolt_guy.jpglightning_bolt_guy.jpg

#57 9 years ago

My recommended course of action would be as follows:

1) Do as your Mother and Father are asking, and remove the pins from their house
    2) Take the pins back to your house and repair the Teed Off
    3) During step 2, play the 3 games to your hearts content. Let your friends have their fill too.
    4) During step 3, ask your Father what he wants done with the games--let him decide.
    5) If by the end of step 3, if no decision is made, then if you sell any of the games, sell them for what they are then worth and send your parents the money.

These are totally middle aged white people's problems (not meant to be racist, just funny).

Best regards,

Tom

#58 9 years ago

Yes, definitely first world problems.

My hot tub also broke down, life is hell.

#59 9 years ago

My beautiful Teed Off!!!!

#60 9 years ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

My beautiful Teed off!!!!

Ohhh no... I'm so sorry Todd. I know a lot of work went into it, I hadn't planned on letting you know. It didn't occur to me that you might read this, I'm not sure why!

Can we still be friends?

#61 9 years ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

Seems kinda cold to just take them from your father. The man who provided half the DNA that provided you life.

On the flip side, the other half of the DNA wants him to take them.

#62 9 years ago

Because nobody got seriously hurt, this story actually makes me laugh quite heartily!

#63 9 years ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

Seems kinda cold to just take them from your father.

It's not cold at all. As he is not taking from his Father. He bought the pins for his father, so he is going to be the one to sell the pins too.

The key is you don't have to decide the fate of the pins now. He just needs to move them from his parent's house. When they are sold, he needs to send his parents the money. All the stuff about 12 hour moving the pins has to be sucked up as part of being a good son. The OP has (or will) earn the right to play the pins as much as he wants though.

Just my 2 cents.

Best regards,

Tom

#64 9 years ago
    Quoted from robbiedoo:

I can't help but to think this whole thing could have been avoided if I just would have gotten him a wide body.

If you had gotten him a wide body, he might be dead.

#65 9 years ago
    Quoted from robbiedoo:

Every time I got close to accepting them, I thought to myself "You're making up reasons to make it ok to take them: He gave them to you, He's very well off, Neither of them want them, You did all that work"I felt like I was just making excuses to be ok with it, but it seems most people here are validating my own thoughts.And it's absolutely correct that he can come play them whenever, and if he ever wanted them back he could have them.I think I just added 2 pins to my collection. But somehow I still feel guilty

You Canadians are weird. Take the machines!! Consider it an early inheritance if it makes you feel any better.

#66 9 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

You Canadians are weird. Take the machines!! Consider it an early inheritance if it makes you feel any better.

Or just finish what Tee'd Off started and make it a regular inheritance.

#67 9 years ago

Your dad wants to store the games at your house so he can play them when he comes over. Win-win.

#68 9 years ago

Great story. Every time I'm forced to play Tee'd Off in league, I want to flip it over. High five your dad and his friends for me.

#69 9 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

Good story, but your dad sounds like an idiot.

Actually his dad's friend sounds like the idiot. I mean I know Canadian beer is strong so therefore beer muscles must be exponentially stronger but managing to flip a pinball machine onto someone?

Did the ball at least get unstuck?

#70 9 years ago
    Quoted from n0s4atu:

Did the ball at least get unstuck

If that was my pin I'd be re sticking that pinball if you catch my drift.

#71 9 years ago

Funny...my dad's loaded too but the only time he's ever given me anything is if I pay him back at 10% interest in 30 days. Would be nice....hey here's my Audi R8....I hate it...please take it off my hands. What different worlds we all live in.

#72 9 years ago
    Quoted from n0s4atu:

Did the ball at least get unstuck?

another good laugh from this thread

#73 9 years ago
    Quoted from robbiedoo:

when I had it, it was flawless (it was a TNT amusements restoration, so it was in perfect shape)

This was the most hilarious part of the story.

#74 9 years ago

I'll just say this. Some fathers aren't very good at saying "I love you", so they do it by giving you something. There's nothing wrong with that at all. If you hug him and say "Love you, dad" you'll have earned the games. Nothing cold at all about that. I'm saying that as a Dad - that's all we expect.

#75 9 years ago

Is this your dad?

drunk-ronald-mcdonald.jpgdrunk-ronald-mcdonald.jpg

#76 9 years ago
    Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

If only there were video to post on Youtube: "How to free up stuck ball on pinball playfield".

Isn't that why TNT threw that machine off the roof a few years back? that video is still up there...

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets

#77 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Is this your dad?

PS_0244W_LMAO_t-904.jpgPS_0244W_LMAO_t-904.jpg

#78 9 years ago

Thats one awesomely creepy avatarpic.

#79 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Thanks, I shopped it together today. The eyes and mouth are from Pennywise from Stephen Kings IT.

I feel it helps portray what a Big Mac must see before it's deliously greasy death.

#80 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Is this your dad?

drunk-ronald-mcdonald.jpg 46 KB

Another "laugh out loud" moment on Pinside. I love it.

#81 9 years ago
    Quoted from LitzDoc:

Another "laugh out loud" moment on Pinside. I love it.

this was truly a laugh out loud thread

#82 9 years ago

Well ok,at least he didn't dump the Addams Family. BTW, Quitted is not a word

#83 9 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Your dad wants to store the games at your house so he can play them when he comes over. Win-win.

Yes and then one day let slip you think his collection (at your house) is sh*t. It's way too small and doesn't even rank average among his peers. You'd happily add another three or four pins at his behest, if he'd be so kind as to provide the credit card info.

#84 9 years ago

Oh well, TNT machines always seem to fall over, get pushed off a building, something...

#85 9 years ago
    Quoted from robbiedoo:

They've made it very clear that they want me to take them, and they sound very sincere but I just feel way too bad doing it.

Take them for all your efforts. Tell your dad that he is to know they are still his pins. Tell him to come play them when you are there so you can show him how to retrieve a stuck ball in the future. Consider them 'on loan' to you and that will assuage your conscience. And like others have said, if he changes his mind and wants to try and have them in his home again, you will give it a whirl . . .

You are his son. It doesn't matter if he is wealthy or not. I have a grown son and if I gave him some pins I would WANT to . . . it would make me feel good . . . not that he was taking advantage of me.

Now . . . with that said, get those damned pins to your house and forget about all the lingering doubts!!!

#86 9 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

TNT machines always seem to fall over, get pushed off a building, something...

Haaaaaaaa! That was a scream!!!!!!!!!!

#87 9 years ago

Your dad is either Mel Gibson, David Hasselhoff, or ANY Baldwin brother.

#88 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Agreed....clowns are scary enough!!!....

#89 9 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

How the hell do you manage to accidentally knock over a pinball machine?

I'm not sure either, but I would put anyone who does in the *awesome* category as well. Sounds like I missed one hell of a party.
    Terry.

#90 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Sounds like I missed one hell of a party.

Terry, After you get the order I'm getting ready to send in to you, you will be able to afford your own wild party!!!
    Mike in Kentucky

#91 9 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

Or just finish what Tee'd Off started and make it a regular inheritance.

What a 'killer' comment! Already creating inheritance schemes in your little lawyer-like mind!!!

#92 9 years ago

I would take them away and play them as suggested.
    Do not sell them without consulting your father.
    I think that is more than reasonable after all you did to try and help him get pins at home.

Maybe he will want another try at pinball later without beers or friends or at least remove one from the equation.

Hope he is truly ok that is a lot of machine to come toppling down on someone.

Thanks for sharing

#93 9 years ago

I've been getting a lot of requests around here lately for Teed off. So if it is salvagable maybe we can make a deal. The other ones you can keep.

#94 9 years ago

Yeah... well my Dad killed 3 hitch hikers!
    Don't mean to hijack the tread just love this story
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-dad-killed-3-hitch-hikers

#96 9 years ago
    Quoted from robbiedoo:

That's my main sticking point too.
    Every time I talk to may parents it's "Have you put them in your game room yet?".
    They've made it very clear that they want me to take them, and they sound very sincere but I just feel way too bad doing it.
    There's only so much I can resist though, I think I might cave. EDIT: And then I feel, "there's no way that I can."

We don't really care

#97 9 years ago
    Quoted from robbiedoo:

people were taking 'drunken' turns shaking/rocking the pin

This is a family forum. Please do not share what your dad was doing with the machine in his drunken state. Why do you think he said "I thought it was a quarter, I was trying to jam in the slot"? I am sure what really happened, was your mom came down stairs and said what the heck are you doing? He replied talking to Jake from state farm. She relied at 3 am in the morning? This look's hideous get theses machines out of here.

#98 9 years ago

Awe man! Now Stern is going to have to include a wall anchor and strap with each machine (to prevent tipping) and redo their warnings too.

#99 9 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

what the heck are you doing? He replied talking to Jake from state farm.

I just spit up my coffee.

#100 9 years ago

What a story did you actually show your dad how to remove the glass and fix stuck ball and simple stuff? At least no one was hurt at the end of the day your Dad has given you a gift, things could be worse. ps your avatar freaks me out.

There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-dad-rage-quitted-pinball-altogether/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.