(Topic ID: 7812)

My dad getting into Pinball now!

By rwalters21

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_6913.JPG
    #1 12 years ago

Just went out and took a look at a pretty nice Gottlieb Atlantis with my pop. We ended up leaving without making a deal but decided to call back and leave our name and number in case they had a change of heart. Well needless to say they decided to call back pretty quickly and closed the deal! We're going back tomorrow afternoon to pick her up. This is my dad's first machine and I have a feeling it won't be his last. I'll post some pics after we get her home.

Best, Ryan

#2 12 years ago

Fun game, and that says a lot coming from a dmd lover. Love the artwork too. Congrats pops!

#3 12 years ago

Nice game, ive always wanted one. That is a Rad Dad!

#4 12 years ago

Cool you're getting your dad into it! I should try to do the same with mine. I think he'd really enjoy working on them and bringing them back to life.

#5 12 years ago

Really cool. My own father got me into pinball

Quoted from mojozone:

Nice game, ive always wanted one

+1

#6 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Cool you're getting your dad into it! I should try to do the same with mine. I think he'd really enjoy working on them and bringing them back to life.

My dad is an old school wrench monkey. He restores classic cars as his main hobby so tinkering with some pins shouldn't be too difficult for him ha. I'm hoping he gets the bug and adds a few more! It'll be fun to help out with cleaning her up and putting her back together again.

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from rwalters21:

My dad is an old school wrench monkey. He restores classic cars as his main hobby so tinkering with some pins shouldn't be too difficult for him ha. I'm hoping he gets the bug and adds a few more! It'll be fun to help out with cleaning her up and putting her back together again.

Sounds like our dads are cut from the same cloth! You'll have to post some pics as you guys make progress on getting this one cleaned up. Something tells me your dad will be adding more in no time.

#8 12 years ago

Nice to have a Dad like that,I bet his pins are your pins

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from JDub1006:

Really cool. My own father got me into pinball

you guys are lucky. i have a father, not a friend. he laughs at pinball. i guess thats' what lame senators do.

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

I guess that's what lame senators do ...

Wait, your father is a senator? State or US?

#11 12 years ago

Good Dad and a good pin. Nice fast and challenging play on that game. I wish I could get my son interested in pinniee

#12 12 years ago

I'm having my father help me shop my BK, and every time i see him there's something new he's done. Last time i saw him he had polished and cleaned a new pile of ramps and posts. Also, he scours the internet for alternate methods for how to guides for us to talk about. It's the first thing he and I have really done together without bickering.

#13 12 years ago

My dad just says- "You are wasting your money!" or the classic, "Have you seen my pants???"
    Either way, he's not happy...

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

My dad just says- "You are wasting your money!" or the classic, "Have you seen my pants???"
    Either way, he's not happy...

My dad looks at Pins as gambling machines,Alot of parents back then looked
    at Pins as gambling devices so I can see why they think that.Always being in
    the news about taking kid's money and education away from them.

#15 12 years ago

Its good to see both young and old playing pins. Below is my mother-in-law on the SM - first time playing a pin (though the old man has played in his younger day). I think the smile says it all. Her comment after playing for the first time? I can see where one could really have a blast playing this.

100_6913.JPG100_6913.JPG

#16 12 years ago

I didn't know until I bought my pin last month that my dad and his friends would actively seek out pins to play at pizza places and bars all the time when I was young.

Kind of mindblowing, it must be in my bloodline to play the game.

#17 12 years ago

Pinball....bringing families together.

#18 12 years ago

My dad would have loved playing my machines. We lost him 8 years ago. Sorry to be a bummer.

#19 12 years ago

My wife's mom is more addicted to my pins then I am. She plays so much when she visits that her wrists get sore haha.

#20 12 years ago

My dad was playing my WCS a few days ago, and he kept commenting on how he was having trouble following the ball.

#21 12 years ago

My dad wouldn't know a pinball from a chinese acrobat.

#22 12 years ago

My dad is getting excited about pinball and keeps finding them for sale for me. haha. I was trying to sneak a pin into his house but my mom freaked out

The best is these girls I hang out with and corworkers. They make fun of me, then they tried mine at home or sopranos at the bar after work and they beat my score and had fun! One of them keeps wanting to come over and play mine...not sure if she likes me or Dennis Hopper

#23 12 years ago

Nice story - good luck on his 1st pin

#24 12 years ago

Cool deal. My Dad was the first one to get me into pinball when I was young. My Mom loves to play too. Her favorite game is Getaway and wants one real bad. If I didn't live thousands of miles away I would give her mine.
    My Father in law spends most of his time on my pins when he visits. Mother in law thinks its cute. But what does she know. lol

#25 12 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

One of them keeps wanting to come over and play mine...not sure if she likes me or Dennis Hopper

It's alllll you northvibe...
    Congrats on laying the foundation for a beautiful relationship!

#26 12 years ago

Way cool to hear about this! We're getting my mother-in-law a pin for Christmas, following her absolutely not wanting to leave our game room the last time she was up.

#27 12 years ago
    Quoted from wizzardz:

Below is my mother-in-law on the SM - first time playing a pin (though the old man has played in his younger day). I think the smile says it all. Her comment after playing for the first time? I can see where one could really have a blast playing this.

That picture made my day!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-dad-getting-into-pinball-now and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.