DSC_3661.JPG
017-805.JPG
016.JPG
018.JPG
019.JPG
001.JPG
009-9.JPG
008-360.JPG
There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 9 years ago

That looks awesome. If you were in Australia I would definitely pay you to paint mine. I'll see if I can find a school kid hobbyist here.

3 weeks later
#52 9 years ago

How bout the pics of these in the game?

#53 9 years ago

Very nice work mate.

#54 9 years ago

F YES. That looks great!

#55 9 years ago

I don't own this game but your work brings those plastics to life. Great job...

May have to buy this game now though :0)

2 weeks later
#56 9 years ago

Just got my set back. Absolutely amazing work. The pictures here don't do his work justice.

#57 9 years ago

He does outstanding work and is a great guy to work with on top of it!

#59 9 years ago

Had 3+ sets painted - they all look super!

Scott

#61 9 years ago

Lets see some pictures in games! I think it will be a night and day difference. I am not normally a mod guy, but this just looks right.

#62 9 years ago

Ask and ye shall receive!

DSC_3661.JPGDSC_3661.JPG

DSC_3662.JPGDSC_3662.JPG

DSC_3668.JPGDSC_3668.JPG

#63 9 years ago

Wow, ive got to get in on this, its like night and day how much better they look

#64 9 years ago

NorCal.... Looks fantastic, even better than I imagined!

#65 9 years ago

I can tell you they look even better in person, especially the castle & graveyard. The graveyard is somewhat of a pain to remove/install because it's screwed in from the underside of the main ramp (which must come out). The other two are screwed in from the top and are easy peasy.

#66 9 years ago

I'm THIIIS close to sending mine in, but I really don't feel like disassembling my BSD to send them in. I just got it put back together after a shop job not too long ago.

#67 9 years ago

Your work is amazing .....

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I'm THIIIS close to sending mine in, but I really don't feel like disassembling my BSD to send them in. I just got it put back together after a shop job not too long ago.

Buy extras and swap them when you have time -

#70 9 years ago

want to send my new CQ new out of box MB figurines in. Anyone think this would ruin the originality of the game since pristine untouched version? What would this cost and most likely would have to be coated as some are bash toys. You can pm me for price etc. cheers

#71 9 years ago

Buy a new set and then if you ever sell you can swap the originals back in. I personally would have it done if I had a Monster Bash. this guy does great work!

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

want to send my new CQ new out of box MB figurines in. Anyone think this would ruin the originality of the game since pristine untouched version? What would this cost and most likely would have to be coated as some are bash toys. You can pm me for price etc. cheers

Quoted from Squeakman:

uy a new set and then if you ever sell you can swap the originals back in. I personally would have it done if I had a Monster Bash. this guy does great work!

That's what I did, I keep the originals in the cabinet sealed in a ziplock. If somebody wants the originals, they will go with the pin if I ever want to sell the pin. The Frankenstein figure was the hardest of the replacement figures to get.

#73 9 years ago

That's the problem the replacements are not cheap and some are hard to even find. Your right about keeping the originals, not that I ever would sell this machine. Hmmm

#74 9 years ago

I have always wanted to paint the MB figures. I would definetly be interested in doing a set.

#75 9 years ago

Great stuff, I'm excited to get mine!

1 week later
#76 9 years ago

I finally got mine installed and love them. Mcclad, I see a set of plastics in your future.

image-620.jpgimage-620.jpg

image-835.jpgimage-835.jpg image-212.jpgimage-212.jpg
1 month later
#77 9 years ago

Has anyone spoken to the OP lately?

I was all set to send my parts off after we talked a few weeks back. I removed and packaged them and then contacted him for payment info... haven't heard back

Would really love to get these done.

#78 9 years ago

Awesome job.

I bet the same think could be done with IJ Idol plastic. You could make some cash by doing this.

#79 9 years ago

Keep us updated Drano. Hopefully he's just busy with summer life. I want to send mine into him soon, too.

#80 9 years ago

This is a bargain for the amount of work involved here.

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I finally got mine installed and love them. Mcclad, I see a set of plastics in your future.

image-620.jpg 296 KB

image-835.jpg 279 KB

image-212.jpg 259 KB

Looks sweeeeeet!

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Has anyone spoken to the OP lately?
I was all set to send my parts off after we talked a few weeks back. I removed and packaged them and then contacted him for payment info... haven't heard back
Would really love to get these done.

I contacted him recently, and am waiting to hear back as well. The guy does some nice work.

#83 9 years ago

Very nice... Makes me want to start looking for a BSD just to do this to it.

#84 9 years ago

Its like a brand new machine now. Well done, well done indeed.

Question: I have heard that the magnet often has issues with this game, where it often doesn't work. Is this true? It is the only reason why I never bought one. "Well other than space issues"

#85 9 years ago

They look awesome

#86 9 years ago

Roland "mcclad" is a super nice guy and does outstanding work...he did my BSD parts and is now working on some custom painted lotr figures and such for me...he will get back to you, but I think he has had alot on his plate with his other work and such lately.

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Its like a brand new machine now. Well done, well done indeed.
Question: I have heard that the magnet often has issues with this game, where it often doesn't work. Is this true? It is the only reason why I never bought one. "Well other than space issues"

You are used to maintaining a ST:TNG ...... ??? .... this will be a breeze

The optos for the magnets are way separated so lining it up proper can be a pita
Same goes for the wire gates, if they are missing or broken, they have some specific measures and hard to copy (the left one is unobtainable )
But always fixable, so go go go!!

#88 9 years ago

I have a set ready to send as well. Hope I can get them done by him. His work is amazing

#89 9 years ago

Thanks to everyone that posted some kind words on this thread. And thanks to everyone who gave me the chance to do some custom work for their machine. I think that I have replied to all the PMs. If I didn't, I apologize and plese send me another one that way I can make sure to contact everyone who is interested in having some work done. I have been very busy lately. I am currently working on a project that might make some screen time in a feature film. I do not want to say much on the project because I do not know if all this will be accepted by the production company, but I have been putting a lot of time and effort into it. I will be busy for at least the next full week. Hopefully I will have time after that to do some more paintjobs. And I would be willing to paint IJ parts as well. Thanks once again.

Roland

#90 9 years ago

Roland...my IJ planes are ready when you are as well as the other parts!

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

I think that I have replied to all the PMs. If I didn't, I apologize and plese send me another one that way I can make sure to contact everyone who is interested in having some work done.
Roland

Hey Roland,
Great to see you're back!

#93 9 years ago

I am very interested in having my BSD pieces painted. Your work looks amazing, and it is a bargain for this level of detail. Please put me on your list for "down the road" as it's obvious you have RLS (Real Life Syndrome) - it will be well worth the wait.

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

And I would be willing to paint IJ parts as well. Thanks once again.
Roland

I think the IJ ruins would be sweet with one of your paint jobs. Just let me know and I'll send you mine to do the test on.

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from Mamushka:

I think the IJ ruins would be sweet with one of your paint jobs. Just let me know and I'll send you mine to do the test on.

I have already inquired. They have always looked a bit out of place.

1 month later
#96 9 years ago

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!

Can I say something? I want to own a BSD now because I want to have THESE custom painted parts in the machine. They look THAT GOOD. Its incredible!!! BRAVO!!!

If you told me doing the pieces was $300 a set I wouldn't blink... look at the quality... easily worth it! You should see what people I know pay for airbrushed racing helmets...

Pat on the back to you sir. This is legendary work.

PLEASE someone post FULL PLAYFIELD pics with these installed, just out of curiosity.

mcclad, if you brush any other games link to the threads, I want to see!!!

3 weeks later
#97 9 years ago

mccladd your work is awesome it inspired me to tackle mine here is the village sorry the second pic is upside-down i went for a little more color than realism.photo-1.JPGphoto-1.JPGphoto.JPGphoto.JPG

#98 9 years ago

I also would be interested in the IJ project. PM me with details. Thanks

1 week later
#99 9 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

mccladd your work is awesome it inspired me to tackle mine here is the village sorry the second pic is upside-down i went for a little more color than realism.

photo.JPG 190 KB
photo-1.JPG 268 KB

Modding is great because an owner can do what he wants according to his or her own taste. Once someone picks up that brush, it is time for their artistic juices to start flowing. I sure that there was more satisfaction in doing your own thing, than having someone do it for you. Well done. It looks great.

#100 9 years ago

Spectacular . I will recommend to jj to do the toys of the hobbit

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-custom-painted-bsd-graveyard-castle/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.