Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 397 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Tsskinne
  • Topic is favorited by 107 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0086 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0088 (resized).JPG
    autoRefresh (resized).png
    Screenshot_2017-09-14-12-22-22 (resized).png
    Centaur Background (resized).png
    Centaur (resized).png
    20170912_213300 (resized).jpg
    20170912_213943 (resized).jpg
    Shadow Background (resized).png
    Size Test (resized).png
    Screenshot_2017-09-11-21-22-38 (resized).png
    Screenshot_2017-09-11-21-22-47 (resized).png
    Capture4 (resized).PNG
    Joust (resized).png
    Joust Background (resized).png
    dummy games (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fifty.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#114 6 years ago

I thought of a question on the way to work too. Is there a way to temporarily hide a game? For example, let's say you have a game in iScored and then sell the game. Two weeks later you realize you made a huge mistake and buy the game back. Is there a way to hide your high scores for that game and then unhide them once the game is back in your basement?

#127 6 years ago

I think I just crashed the website. I clicked on Game Room and the screen went white. Then the Game Room screen came up but all the games I had entered were gone. A refresh didn't recover anything.

I had 4 games set up with 1 score inputted on each game.

Sorry!!!

One comment, improvement I'd like to see is a set amount of space reserved for the title of the game. The scores don't line up and that drives my OCD crazy. I'm inputting spaces just to keep things aligned.

I would also like to suggest allowing users to upload different styles for the entire community to use. I would put a bunch of time into designing a style for myself and for others to share if I had the game. Not so much for a game I don't own though.

#135 6 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

The thing is, maybe, that there is no money involved, so I think this would be fair use? Once you start charging for the site, maybe not.

This.

If this is a free piece of software then the images are fair game. Once the images are edited properly they just have to be uploaded to a file sharing program and then they are on the internet forever. As long as you are able to use a search engine properly you'll find them.

Of course it may just be better to get permission. As herg stated they don't want their images looking like shit beside other prestine ones.

Oh, and pezpunk looks like there needs to be a default font size or default size reserved for scores as well. The scores in herg image are misaligned as well even though the title spacing is identical.

Quoted from pezpunk:

Y
    Yeah, When I put all these customization features in, I didn't know if they'd be worth the programming effort, but it looks like a lot of people are having fun messing around with the styles, so I am going to make that aspect more robust in the future -- coming soon will be a help popup that among other things lists all the valid fonts you can use. As for community-generated styles, hell yeah, great idea. I can't get that into the initial release but it's definitely something I want to develop.

Hell yeah, add the feature and then let the users do the work! There are always nutcases out there that will spend hours designing something!

#150 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lonzo:

2. I think that there should be an "Add Game" button when you are adding a game. So nothing is saved when you are setting up a game until you hit the button. So you go through and customize your game and then when you are done, you hit the ADD button and it adds it to your list. When you add a custom game, the dropdown list of games shows it as a blank. The button could maybe help with that. The first time I added a custom game I had no idea if it was working because of the blank name in the list. When I hit Add New Game and looked at the list, the previous game was finally listed by name.

I agree with this one. I had the same difficulty and didn't even realize what was happening until it was done.

#163 6 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

So, I debated getting a big touchscreen, but after using it on a Fire 7 tablet, I'm starting to really like the wall space that I've gained by removing a 24" x 24" dry erase board and replacing it with a 7" tablet. I can't display all the scores at once using the tablet, but it's definitely usable. I CAN get all of them on one screen if I'm not in fullscreen. It was mentioned above that the scaling seems to only work out of fullscreen.
    Anyway, to make better use of limited space, I started chopping away at dead space using margin-top and margin-bottom in the CSS. Here's an idea at what I've been able to fit on my phone. I'm away from home at the moment, so I'll try it on the tablet tonight.

That looks brilliant!

#176 6 years ago

Pez, this is outstanding work. My OCD thanks you! Time to wall mount the 32" Samsung Smart TV I have reserved for this app!

#203 6 years ago

herg your setup looks great!

Quoted from pezpunk:

oooh that's a cool idea. what if i made it so if it was idle for X seconds, it started slowly scrolling left and right to show off all the games?

A better idea would be to let the user input the X seconds to their liking. Instead of scrolling it might be nice to just have it fade out/in with the next 5 games or do a screen wipe.

#263 6 years ago

Holy shit, I disappear from this thread for one day and I come back to 62 new posts?! Yikes! I have some reading to do it seems.

Seeing as I only have 3 games to track scores I'll be the guy testing out a 'minimum configuration' and reporting back any bugs that I come across.

aobrien5 your images/backgrounds are freakin' sweet!

pezpunk I'll be the first to say that it was my idea to allow users to create their own themes for each of the games. Why do the work when some other crazy fan will do it for you?

#295 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

It fits about 7 games at a time at 1080p. Anyone want to try it on a 4K screen?

Although you can also zoom out in the browser ....

I have a 52" ELO Touchscreen Monitor at work that I was going to try this on. The damn monitor cost about $5K and we only use it for one tradeshow a year. I'm glad, because the phawkin' thing weighs a damn ton. Ha! I bet it would look super cool on it though.

#312 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I'll work on more backgrounds. Any requests?
    Fish Tales

Creech
    Bally Transporter
    Eight Ball Deluxe (or billiards in general)
    White Water

#321 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Tough to find clean images for this one.

I'll try to take some photos and upload them for you lpeters82

#326 6 years ago

Is there a way to have eliminate the banner entirely and free up that space?

#331 6 years ago

How do I get it so that the image doesn't tile? I only have 3 games. Each background is 500 x 1024.

repeating (resized).jpgrepeating (resized).jpg

#340 6 years ago

Thanks guys. I'm using a Samsung 32" Smart TV so I can't use it in portrait mode. I know this is overkill but it's already on the wall right beside my pins.

I might try the no repeat css thing and then set up a fourth dummy game with some sort of funky image to fill in the black space.

Is there a way to get the black space to show up on the left and right sides so that I can center the 3 games? This way I could throw up a separate image as a background. Sort of like this;

background (resized).jpgbackground (resized).jpg

#342 6 years ago

herg the only problem with that, is that I can't have one background image going right across.

One problem is that the background for the header is separate from the background for the score area. I would have to be a cut n' paste editing wiz to get one image to align perfectly in the blank space on the left in the header and background and then do the same on the right blank space. It's possible, but I don't know if I want to put that much work into it.

I suppose I could use a star field or something that is easily blended but that limits the image I can put behind everything.

background (resized).jpgbackground (resized).jpg

#349 6 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

CFTBL still seems a bit off

I agree.

I wasn't near my 32" Samsung tonight so I decided to try my setup on my Samsung Tab8. I guess I'm not understanding how all of you are getting perfect images right across without having to resize every background image taken from Dropbox.

FULLSCREEN
    Screenshot_2017-09-11-21-22-47 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-09-11-21-22-47 (resized).png

NORMAL VIEW
    Screenshot_2017-09-11-21-22-38 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-09-11-21-22-38 (resized).png

#355 6 years ago

lpeters82 I tried to read your post but the image you posted blinded me.

herg so basically I just have to keep screwing with the images until I get them to fit properly both horizontally the way I want and vertically. Well that sucks...

#360 6 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

Now, that's an awesome offer!

It is. I'll post something tonight and email you.

#362 6 years ago

My wife is away this week so it's just me and the kids. They don't fall asleep until around 9PM so I don't get a lot of time for myself in the evenings. There's a lot of "go to sleep" and "get back in bed" coming out of my mouth.

So I tried this web app on my 32" Samsumg SmartTV again last night. So far I haven't been having any luck. I have 10 games added. On my Macbook I am able to scroll through them from left to right as normal. The graphics are still messed up, but that's something I can tweak and eventually get right. On my 32" Samsung though it's a right mess. Please ignore the glare in the photos as it's just the reflection of the lamps in the room.

First image isn't great, but I figured it just needed the images to be cropped. However, when I tried to scroll to the right it wouldn't. The other 7 games were underneath?

20170912_213300 (resized).jpg20170912_213300 (resized).jpg

20170912_213943 (resized).jpg20170912_213943 (resized).jpg

I haven't got a clue what it is doing.

#367 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

That's what happens when the browser used doesn't support the "display: flex" property. Is there a way to go into your TV's settings and update the browser or the TV's firmware? the following browsers should work:
    Chrome 29.0 and up
    Internet Explorer 11.0 and up
    Firefox 28.0 and up
    Safari 9.0 and up
    Opera 17.0 and up
    Any browser version released since about 2013 should work. (incidentally, this is why first-gen iPads don't work, because Apple stopped support in 2012)

I'll have to check, but it's a Samsung built in web browser. Very basic.

I might just use my tablet and then cast everything onto the television using a Chromecast dongle. I think this would probably be easier and then it'll update in real-time as I update scores on the tablet. Hopefully when I cast it it doesn't screw with the sizing.

#375 6 years ago

I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record here, but I'm still having alignment issues. Please see photo. All my images are 256x1024. The Transporter image is fine, but the EBD image is repeating and so is CFTBL. Why? This is really starting to frustrate me.

Screenshot_2017-09-14-12-22-22 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-09-14-12-22-22 (resized).png

#377 6 years ago

Each image is exactly 256 wide. I wish there was a way to crop a larger image in the webapp so that the image displays the way I want it too. If I make the image 256 wide and move to a larger screen everything gets messed up. This limits me to using my tablet with the images I specifically created. If I move to a larger screen everything starts repeating.

I'm going to look at the no-repeat css thing. Where do I put it? It doesn't seem to work under CSS for game title.

I'm adding;

background-repeat:no-repeat;

#379 6 years ago

herg Damn it... Thanks. I'm an idiot.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fifty.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-custom-gameroom-high-score-app?tu=fifty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.