(Topic ID: 239358)

My current take on JJP pinball after TPF....

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 602 posts
  • 142 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Lamprey
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ED0AC495-264C-41DC-9B67-30D36705F8AD.gif
    06D0C3DB-AD68-488A-9F6F-062FAA3872A5 (resized).jpeg
    20190324_092443 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 1.37.g00 PM (resized).png
    wonka_glp_banner (resized).jpeg
    occ_meme (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    mirror (resized).jpg
    pitchforks.gif
    1E04BBC7-4BA6-4D64-B082-69552E3185AF.gif
    giphy.gif
    1_8xraf6eyaXh-myNXOXkqLA (resized).jpeg
    all-or-nothing (resized).jpg
    333271AB-636A-4710-86D0-4A0A240097D7.gif
    20190327_181251 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jarozi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 5 years ago

If they wanted to keep the small line busy in April and May why not plan another 160 Pirates into the initial run? Was their market forecast suggesting Pirates would be that big a dud? Maybe so. I don’t think YBR was a last second stop gap, I think they wanted to test the successful Stern model; de-content and raise prices.

Wonder what/if they’ll take out of Pirates to reach that $11,500 price point on a re-run? I supposed they could turn the chest into static toy that was just a virtual lock.

#413 5 years ago

I think the difference between YBR and Beatles is that Beatles was all new. Not an existing game where they decontented the most important area of a game, the play field, then priced it up $2000. If they had taken Batman Dark Knight, removed the crane, and then charged more that would have been closer. But they didn't, they made BM66, all new art, rules, sound and an LCD.... and then charged more.

I believe if JJP had just left the monkey and committed to a lower than ruby red build count (500?), that rarity and all the new bling would have justified the higher price to most. As always, just my two cents.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jarozi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-current-take-on-jjp-pinball-after-tpf?tu=jarozi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.