(Topic ID: 239358)

My current take on JJP pinball after TPF....

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 602 posts
  • 142 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Lamprey
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ED0AC495-264C-41DC-9B67-30D36705F8AD.gif
    06D0C3DB-AD68-488A-9F6F-062FAA3872A5 (resized).jpeg
    20190324_092443 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 1.37.g00 PM (resized).png
    wonka_glp_banner (resized).jpeg
    occ_meme (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    mirror (resized).jpg
    pitchforks.gif
    1E04BBC7-4BA6-4D64-B082-69552E3185AF.gif
    giphy.gif
    1_8xraf6eyaXh-myNXOXkqLA (resized).jpeg
    all-or-nothing (resized).jpg
    333271AB-636A-4710-86D0-4A0A240097D7.gif
    20190327_181251 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

1) That reveal was 100% about raising $$$ to put down on getting Wonka started. Do the math. 200 games x $10k net = $2 million. The "investors" said go raise the up front $$ yourself buddy. Hence, the YBR absolute F ing disaster and JOKE

2) Jack actually said that "we may do more than 200 later but it won't be more than......."

3) Jack had destroyed the "collectibility" of any JJP game.

4) The RUSH to buy Potc late is totally manufactured BS. Sales were crap until there was a "last call" announcement. Again, "hey guys, I've got a few pins outside in the trunk, let me show them to you"

5) After TPF, like everything else with JJP to extract every dime possible, there will be a BLACK PEARL EDITION coming next year. How do we know this? LOL

6) Yeah I'm thinking Disney doesn't give a F about how many games POTC sold, its a shit franchise now, and any FUTURE games make sense so Jack can make them for let's say another 3 yrs. It's what he does.

7) Disney is also Toy Story, enough said about the relationship thus far. POTC was a dismal seller from a licensing standpoint. DI or WOZ, who cares?

Bottom line, Jack lies when the truth would sound better. And now I'm probably gonna roll over my $$$ from POTCCE because, once again, its delayed, AND in Jack style, we know its coming again in another re skinned version.

#BLACK PEARL

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Are you rolling it over to Alien CGC? haha!

No I have my Alien Delt. Have you received yours yet?

Watch it happen, haha!

Tick tock

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

Screw collectibility. If jack can make money and jjp continues to thrive and produce games then we should all be so grateful to have so many options

That might be one of the dumbest things i've ever heard from a long term business perspective!

We do have a lot of dumbasses in this hobby though.

If you have been around long enough you KNOW what the reality is.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

A week or so away. Super excited for the best to return.

Congrats dude! It is one of the best pins ever!

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Once upon a time Ice was a huge JJP fanboy
    He chose the red pill. Look at him now.

No shit Curly. It's love/hate? I was the #1 kool aid drinker back in the "old days" as you know.

And yet here we are today. Same old F ing BS.

Can't count on a thing with JJP.

History continues to repeat itself

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

So...what is your take exactly?

See above.

Wash, rinse and repeat with Jack 8 years later

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I agree with iceman.

Thank you T Dog!

#76 5 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

Given the history of JJP, if you are buying a machine for collectability then that is probably a bad idea. I don't know about most of the people in the hobby, but I'm buying to play the damn thing. The only reason to get an LE will be what toys / extras are involved, not because it is 1 of only X made because again, JJP history, that doesn't mean squat.
    Long term JJP is fine. They produce high quality games and are a healthy alternative for others that are not Stern fans.

You should at least know what you are getting when you pay that kind of $$

No one should be surprised if people waffle after that YBR $$ grab.

I mean its actually kind of funny in an absurd sort of way. Like JG said, the same game has gone from $6500 to $11,500. The fact that its a "YBR version" makes it what?

So tell me how ANYONE justifies the $11,500 price tag on YBR is "collectibility" means NOTHING? Explain that one to me.

#Black Pearl edition

#77 5 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

I agree. Ice hates Jack and thats fine. Are his prices high, hell yeah. Do you have to buy his pins, no. All i have to say is Sterns 9k LE is not worth it as well. Thats a fact. If these prices continue, i will just enjoy the older B and C titles.

I don't "hate Jack". I don't like the business practices and the lies.

Please explain to me how "collectibility" or 1 of something means NOTHING with JJP and then here comes the $11,500 price tag for YBR?

What are you paying $11,500 for again? I'm waiting?

They price a game as IF it means something.

#126 5 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Can't argue with the price. I will never pay 11,500 for a pin. Thats my point. If you dont like the price and did not want the YBRWOZ anyway, why worry about it. I will never buy a Stern LE for 9k. Never!! There comes a time and price point where we all feel like, thats enough. For me, its now. I will hold tight and just buy B and C titles. Its become very stupid for JJP and Stern to be at 9k and above.

Exactly my point. Crazy to buy a YBR at that price

Why would I buy a “collectors edition” POTCCE, their words, for $12,500 when there will be many more versions of the same pin down the road

Create the narrative that Potc is finished to drum up sales, put out YBR to grab cash

Call me cynical but 2+2=4. Raise a pot of $$ to build Wonka

Potc is NOT finished and Black pearl version is coming

#154 5 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

This is just how they operate... nothing to get upset about this is their model. If you don't like it don't buy from them that simple!

#BLACK PEARL

So i won't go through the ridiculous diatribe you posted line by line because its not based in any sort of reality as to what is actually going on.

You and a whole lot of other people have the wrong idea and just summed up the problem with that last sentence!

The solution is NOT "if you don't like it don't buy from them that simple". That's an idiotic business approach.

Make me want to spend $10k or $12.5 with you, not F you if you don't like how we do things. I buy games from everybody.

In fact, I paid $12k for a POTCCE that delivery is delayed because of the issues mentioned here.

I'm not rowing in a one man boat here

#165 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballomatic:

They’re pretty much sold out everywhere and what is being built now is already spoken for, but I guess that’s no indication of how well it sold.

The "end of the line" narrative accelerated demand and orders, including myself. I bought one because i think it looks like a great pin.

There will be another run of Pirates next year to satisfy any demand, no worries.

You can def still get an LE or CE if you want one. "Waiting on parts"

#169 5 years ago

Waiting for the DR response, I'll give it another hour, it takes him a while to gather thoughts and generate the essay

#190 5 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

No I don't have to gather my thoughts moron, I don't live in Pinside as clearly you do! I own my own business I build amusement attractions, and understand this a whole lot better than you. I go to all the same shows as Stern to JJ to everyone... you don't know anything you just think you do.
    Pinball is a niche business, most entertainment centers do not buy them. Many social bars are buying them because what was old is new again, its trendy. Pinball games don't have the best return on the investment, what moves money is redemption games.
    Collector games like WOZ sell very fast, and WAY ABOVE MSRP if you really want to know the truth. A high end retail store will sell those Yellow Brick Roads will end up selling for like 15k each. Bank on that. You can also bank on every single one they're making is already SOLD to their outlets. BANK ON THAT AS WELL!
    So all the little snide remarks about how yellow brick road is dead on arrival are wrong. Lastly, the yellow brick road will ONLY INCREASE the value of current WOZ games, because of the price and how much new ones cost. WOZ owners have nothing to fear, it will go down as the most collector sought after game ever.
    Do I play WOZ anymore, not really... but I can't bring myself to sell it. That is the type of relationship i think most people have with their WOZ.
    NO MATTER WHAT ALL THAT MATTERS IS JJP keeps making games, stays in business, and offers the best games they can offer.
    Some of you people ripping on this company like there is no tomorrow and if you ask me its really unfair!

Calling me a moron is not very nice DR!

We have already established that JJP games are NOT "collector games" and to expect that kind of thing is crazy and if you don't like it then don't buy it.

Thus, "a collector Woz" is an oxymoron. The most sought after game ever? I have to cut you some slack since you have only been around a year or so and managed to make a lot of friends in the process but.....wow

And clearly, you have shown your ignorance re the statement about high end retail stores selling those YBR's for $15k! I am ROTFLMAO right now.

I have a friend that is in the "amusement business". I trust his opinion and judgment on things i don't know first hand about. And it ain't jiving with you

#202 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Woz was longest to release, Jack had to build the factory, Hobbit 2 years and underwent changes, Dialed in a year, Pirates ten months. Keeps getting shorter.

And the main assembly line has the story boards going up and the next game ready to be shown at MGC and start shipping within a few weeks after that.

Plenty of time to clear the line and get it ready for an Expo 2019 reveal of the next game.

They aren't sitting in New Jersey twiddling their thumbs, they are learning what has to be done and when.

Woah, breaking news from Lloyd! Wonka is going to be shown at MGC AND shipping a few weeks after that.

That would be awesome.

And then GNR at Chicago. GREAT PLAN!!!

#209 5 years ago
    Quoted from sethi_i:

I can't justify in my own head buying 20 pinball machines, given the ability or not. That's my own issue, but it forces selectivity.

I used to say the exact same thing. Good luck

#210 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

And the chance to have dinner with Jack and Pat Lawlor. Don't leave that out.
    LTG : )

I thought Jack and Pat came to your house to set up and assemble the machine? Oh wait, that was Jpop

#224 5 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

I think the top 5 stern and top 5 JJP fanboys should be locked in chest and sent to Davey Jones locker with the POTC production. Seldom does a lot of reason come from any of them.

Its a good thing I'm both so we can keep things sorted out properly here!

A Wonka/Lawlor pin should be phenomenal, pricing aside.

#232 5 years ago
    Quoted from jeffro01:

The JJP hate is here is so freaking ridiculous... If you don't like their pins, don't buy one... It's really not complicated, yet we have several threads where all people are doing is bashing the brand and whining about how expensive they are, and blah blah blah... My two favorite pins in my measly little collection are, by far, my two JJP pins and I can't wait to purchase whatever JJP comes up with for Wonka. Seems like most of the complaining is about cost... Well you either can afford it or you can't and whining about it isn't going to change anything. JJP makes a very quality machine and provides great customer service behind the sale. I'm not going to bash any other maker either, Stern makes a solid machine as well.
    Yeah I know I'm new around here and I expect to take some heat for this comment but seriously people...
    Jeff

Since you are new here, I get the frustration but for the past 8 yrs it’s been a love/hate relationship, lots of heated discussion, drinking, etc

At the end of the day we hug it out!

I have to remind myself not to get bent about lies or certain business practices of Jack

These are some of the same people that created “coin pushers”, Key masters etc and other evil coin op machines designed to separate kids/parents from their $$$

Yes, it’s a shame the good old days of pinball coin op is fading away.

#272 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

There are several distributors who have CE in stock. So, not sold out. And if they didn’t even make all 200, that’s even more in the camp of “didn’t sell out”.

I hear they made/making less than 100 "CE's" of this version this time.

#352 5 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

That same retailer told me they're going to put the new YBR game up for $18,000.00... I'm NOT making this up.

Who was it or it didn’t happen

I’d like to know who the idiot is that I need to avoid

FACT. It won’t sell for $18k. Lucky to get $11.5k. Better move fast

FACT. The person that pays $18k for a YBR is a stone cold idiot. Not happening

#366 5 years ago

To summarize:

YBR is a stupid $$ cash grab. The pathetic TPF seminar is indicative that they know it and should be embarrassed by it. Where the F is the monkey mech? The wooden apron and radcals are a joke, I would light them on fire before removing a game play feature like the monkey!

Fast forward.

Wonka. Grand Slam
    GNR. Home Run
    Toy Story. Home Run
    Harry Potter. 4 Grand Slams in one game

#372 5 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Hopefully the old Wonka with Gene Wilder?

Lol. If it’s not. The outrage will be off the charts

And I’ll be leading the way!

#396 5 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

MR, Iceman

Can you STOP bashing JJP and give it a rest seriously!

You have left me speechless Dr. See my "fast forward" comment above. What does that mean to you?

I feel like you should first of all take a chill pill and relax, secondly, re read what you write and edit appropriately, third, brevity is your friend.

There isn't a prize for word count.

Fourth, tone matters. The bull in a china closet doesn't work so well

Finally, FACT: Quit digging your own grave deeper and deeper.

#431 5 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Iceman,
    I’m not digging my own grave because you can’t deal with facts. When I think about the dumb things you say it reminds me of that movie airplane... where everyone on the plane tries to kill themselves from listening to the star of the movie tell his stories. Everything you say is a story because you can’t handle the truth quote from another famous movie. Maybe JJP should make that movie into a pinball JUST FOR YOU BROTHER! LOL

Wow, you just told your own story

A total lack of self awareness

#whereistheYBRretailstore

#432 5 years ago
    Quoted from Genjuro:

This thread is long.... but did anyone mention that JJP is inherently handicapped just by the fact that financially, New Jersey is one of the worst states to have a business, and one of the worst to live? Basically the costs are already higher simply because the financial burden of operating in NJ?

Excellent point. Not to mention Chicago.

Deeproot has one advantage being here in south Texas.

#466 5 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

YES I agree!! And you know what you told the truth you got some down votes... why do you think that is? THEY CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!
    LOL!
    And Mr, Iceman seriously I know a few good hospitals you can check yourself into! I think you're having a complete MELTDOWN and that isn't good for someone made from ICE! You know what I mean? Get back to the freezer man before its to late. Remember Frosty almost melted looking for a friend and Santa had to save him. Should we call Santa before it's to late. Up to you man!

You don’t know me very well then Dr!

It’s ironic that you of all people are talking about meltdowns

Thx for the laugh Guinness. Freaking hilarious

#512 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Things sure have changed in this thread since Dr. Frightner isnt here and thats a FACT!!

Clearly it has to be Dr Kman's mouthpiece? LOL

#515 5 years ago

Dr Kman is like a bulldog ready to bust his chain right now

FACT

#545 5 years ago

They made a "last call" for POTC because Wonka is ready and in order to launch two games this year they had to move on.

Simple as that.

They will re run Potc next year, Black Pearl edition.

#548 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's not a for sure thing, they may or may not. Personally I'm thinking not. Did you take that one guys $500 bet that Pirates won't be made again?

I didn't see it but I'll take it! A no brainer.

#563 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

iceman44 You coming to MGC to see the big reveal?
    Only a handful of VIG/Preview night tickets appear to be left from what goatdan has said
    Base don the rumors the reveal is gonna happen on Friday at the VIG party so better get your ticket before it sells out.

Adam, Zadavoza is going from here. He is bringing back full report! Tax time tough.

#573 5 years ago

As for the "CE" on POTC I'm not sure what so and so might have "1 left" means but they haven't built my game yet because they are "waiting on parts".

#583 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

This unfortunate choice of words, however, gave my Ipad a nostril induced coffee facial... no disrespect to Iceman.

I found it funny myself

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-current-take-on-jjp-pinball-after-tpf?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.