(Topic ID: 239358)

My current take on JJP pinball after TPF....

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 602 posts
  • 142 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Lamprey
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ED0AC495-264C-41DC-9B67-30D36705F8AD.gif
    06D0C3DB-AD68-488A-9F6F-062FAA3872A5 (resized).jpeg
    20190324_092443 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 1.37.g00 PM (resized).png
    wonka_glp_banner (resized).jpeg
    occ_meme (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    mirror (resized).jpg
    pitchforks.gif
    1E04BBC7-4BA6-4D64-B082-69552E3185AF.gif
    giphy.gif
    1_8xraf6eyaXh-myNXOXkqLA (resized).jpeg
    all-or-nothing (resized).jpg
    333271AB-636A-4710-86D0-4A0A240097D7.gif
    20190327_181251 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PtownPin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#80 5 years ago

JJP would have been better off limiting the YBR version to 200 games. At that price point they might have a chance to sell it out if they limited the run. That being said I really don't understand the logic of removing the monkey from the game....they've built thousands of units with the monkey .... its completely illogical...my guess is that JJP investors have put management on on short lease, and time is running out........at some point throwing good money after bad takes its toll....people with $ like to make $

#164 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Pirates was not selling well. That's why they stoped making it.
    There's literally nothing more to say about that.

Its either that or it cost to much to make and they simply weren't making any $.....everyone seems to really love the game so its not game play....

#341 5 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

No just offering facts. Fact YBR will sell for 15 to 18k at many high end retail stores, where delivery and set up is offered. Fact basically every single YBR game is already sold to those very same high end retailers. So the doom and gloom JJP haters, can go sulk knowing those facts.
    WOZ is not a game competing against the very awesome brand new Black Knight, it appeals to a different group the same way the Beatles sold for upwards of 20k. I'm offering facts... nothing black or white just facts.
    If you dispute something I'm stating offer facts or evidence. We can debate it.
    Fact only 1000 ish WOZ games are claimed by pinsiders, we know over or near 5000 games have sold that is only 20%. Adams Family 20k games produced only 1760 pinsiders claim the game... so FACT pinside is only a small group of pinball owners. So that should make you understand there is a WORLD outside this forum, with different buyers, and different sellers.
    These are just facts not black or white.
    An opinion which I have as well is that Pirates is the GOAT, or Black Knight looks amazing, or I'm not a fan of TNA.
    You could feel the opposite and I respect everyone's OPINIONS but when someone states I'm an idiot because I state a fact, well you're doing just that stating an opinion without a fact to back it up.
    YBR will sell at high end retail locations for up to $18k bank on it (with the perks the retailer offers like deliver, warranty, and set up)
    Something a guy like you or me would NEVER pay for!

Who knows maybe somebody with stupid money will pay that, but I would say 99% of the people who buy pinball machines wouldn't pay close to that amount....people with money don't make stupid decisions even if its a pinball machine. Most if not all will do some level of research to make sure the retailer is somewhat competitive...most people with dough are always focused on the "art of the deal"...its part of their DNA

#389 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cserold:

I cannot make myself believe that JJP will do GNR. I would absolutely love it if they did but with as few games as they release, this doesn’t make much sense to me. Seems like a pretty small market. Yet, pinside seems to be pretty accurate on new releases. What am I missing her guys?

Just look at Metallica and ACDC sales....GNR is in the same league....music and pinball work well...

#445 5 years ago

I tend to agree on the "collectible/Limited" comments. That being said I have purchased several LE's in the past. Typical my decision is driven by the additional features u get on the LE .... In JJP's case having the invisiglass and headphone/volume on the coin door are big pluses in my environment....most of the other stuff doesn't matter much....

#450 5 years ago
    Quoted from iloveplywood:

Yeah, there's little question JJP screwed up on naming their models. Maybe Standard, deluxe, CE would have been better. It's really weird to market something as an LE without it being limited in numbers. In the end, people who do the research know this anyway and I guess people that don't do the research on 9-10K items are probably making a lot worse financial decisions in their lives (or don't care).

to me I just look at the additional features that are offered on the LE's, attempt to put a value on each item and if it gets close to the $1K difference I pull the trigger....on JJP games the glass and headphone/volume jack are almost $500 so I'm already half way there....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PtownPin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-current-take-on-jjp-pinball-after-tpf?tu=PtownPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.