(Topic ID: 239358)

My current take on JJP pinball after TPF....

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 602 posts
  • 142 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Lamprey
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ED0AC495-264C-41DC-9B67-30D36705F8AD.gif
    06D0C3DB-AD68-488A-9F6F-062FAA3872A5 (resized).jpeg
    20190324_092443 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 1.37.g00 PM (resized).png
    wonka_glp_banner (resized).jpeg
    occ_meme (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    mirror (resized).jpg
    pitchforks.gif
    1E04BBC7-4BA6-4D64-B082-69552E3185AF.gif
    giphy.gif
    1_8xraf6eyaXh-myNXOXkqLA (resized).jpeg
    all-or-nothing (resized).jpg
    333271AB-636A-4710-86D0-4A0A240097D7.gif
    20190327_181251 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Psw757.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#60 5 years ago

How many times since JJP’s inception have big investors had to come in and sink big money?

Hasn’t upper level mgmt changed a few times since 2012 as well?

I think we all want them to succeed as they do build the best quality game but something just seems off with how the company is run.

How much money you really think they make per machine? I think we would all be surprised how low it is.

#68 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinphila:

1) They are both equally fun to me hence why I didnt buy one.
    2) They are nowhere near the same price either.
    My point is I think this game turned people off (hence its not selling) because there is another already out there. Now, Toy Story I cannot wait for and JJP may get my money then.
    I think JJP needs to spend some time and money on market research.

Your last statement is key.....

I know Wonka is pretty popular amongst pinsiders but I view this title as a major major risk. It isn’t widely beloved as is WOZ, even more so outside of the US.

Toy Story on the other hand will sell well globally. Still very popular amongst families.

#99 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Some of these JJP doom and gloom comments make me laugh. Jack said they are sold out of every game at the factory. They are more successful today then they have ever been and have a big release with Wonka right around the corner and a second game being announced later this year.
    YBR is a cash grab though lol.

Sold out at factory doesn’t mean highly profitable.

#141 5 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I’m worried about the future of JJP and my pins for future parts if they don’t survive.
    I think JJP should leak pictures of Wonka to forstall people plunking down money on DK3.

Bingo...there is a reason Stern did what they did right after TPF and Jack was begging people not to buy anything in the next 3 weeks. Only so much money in the pot for most and it burns a hole in it fast. Stern just beats them to the punch.

#163 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballomatic:

They’re pretty much sold out everywhere and what is being built now is already spoken for, but I guess that’s no indication of how well it sold.

As of last week there were still CE’s to be had.

Does it really matter how well they sell if the are making $500 per machine? I’m not saying this is the case but the rumor that was somewhat substantiated was the delays and mech issues put the costs way over what was originally planned.

Again this was the rumor back when it was announced they were shutting it down, couple this with some info the came out of TPF and it makes sense.

#442 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Jeez, JJP pins are heavier and the cabinets don't crack at the corners unlike countless Sterns that weigh 100lbs less. Why is that? Please tell me.
    Have fun buying corner brackets and then noticing that they can't be screwed in well due to the lower quality of wood recent Stern cabinets have. Yeah, JJP destroys Stern in build quality. I also expect there to be more tweaking in a JJP as there's far more in them. Want nothing to go wrong? Buy a Star Wars pro or Iron Maiden Pro as there's not a single toy that interacts with the ball in either.

Let’s be fair here, POTC has not been a flawless build. Go read over the owners thread again to freshen up on the issues because there have been a ton. Yes they are all fixable and so are the stern issues.

As a POTC owner I can say that I’ve had more issues with this one machine than every other machine combined in my collection, and they get played frequently.

Where JJP really shines is innovation, amount of features and their cornerstone in my opinion is CODE and definitely not reliability. I’m always having to fiddle with POTC. Fun game though.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Psw757.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-current-take-on-jjp-pinball-after-tpf?tu=Psw757 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.