(Topic ID: 239358)

My current take on JJP pinball after TPF....

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 602 posts
  • 142 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Lamprey
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ED0AC495-264C-41DC-9B67-30D36705F8AD.gif
    06D0C3DB-AD68-488A-9F6F-062FAA3872A5 (resized).jpeg
    20190324_092443 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 1.37.g00 PM (resized).png
    wonka_glp_banner (resized).jpeg
    occ_meme (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    mirror (resized).jpg
    pitchforks.gif
    1E04BBC7-4BA6-4D64-B082-69552E3185AF.gif
    giphy.gif
    1_8xraf6eyaXh-myNXOXkqLA (resized).jpeg
    all-or-nothing (resized).jpg
    333271AB-636A-4710-86D0-4A0A240097D7.gif
    20190327_181251 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PanzerFreak.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 5 years ago

If Pirates does come back, and I don't think it will, I would expect an $11,500+ version a year or two from now.

JJP wants to move onto games #5, #6 and all future games. If they want to get 2 games out per year then something had to give and it was Pirates.

JJP screwed up with YBR. I think everyone was expecting an ultimate WOZ edition that was to actually be limited to 200 games. Instead features were stripped and the game isn't limited at all. JJP should have charged $12k+ for the game, included the monkey mech, a mirrored backglass, a better topper, and actually limited it to 200 games. That would sell better then what was shown.

#97 5 years ago

Some of these JJP doom and gloom comments make me laugh. Jack said at TPF they are sold out of every game at the factory. They are more successful today then they have ever been and have a big release with Wonka right around the corner and a second game being announced later this year.

Personally I think JJP is only going to grow as a company. I wouldn't be surprised though if Wonka is scaled back a bit in regards to featues.

YBR is a cash grab though lol. JJP also needs to stop with their unlimited "limited editions" and make LE counts lower. Theres only one true WOZ LE, it was made over 5 years ago and is called the ECLE.

#101 5 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Sold out at factory doesn’t mean highly profitable.

That's true and is why I think their future games will be scaled back a bit in terms of features but will still have the same build and code quality that they are known for.

#117 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whitenoise3000:

Stern has released 16 pins in the time that JJP has released 4. I don't see how you can compete when you have a 4 ratio

Ah the old "Stern makes more games so JJP isn't successful" argument, have never understood it. As a customer I don't care if Stern has made 30 games as they still have 1/2 the code, animation quality, code variety, build quality, and features of a JJP pin. 1/2 is being generous I'm some cases.

#119 5 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

So price drop on YBR already starting .... http://pinballs.com/ (11k)

Wow. Theres no reason WOZ YBR should be more then $10k if Ruby Red was $9500 and included the monkey mech, and a mirrored backglass. YBR has neither...

#137 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Lots of pinheads think they play poorly.
    I have lost no credibility.
    You're a fanboy.

You are in the top 5 Stern fanboys on this site, constantly bashing JJP and going gaga over anything Stern. Sorry but you have no credibility if you always show a biased towards one manufacturer and yes I've been critical of JJP many times.

To this day I think some people are still pissed JJP came out of nowhere and started making more loaded pins with far better code support then a majority of Stern pins. JJP's very existence seems to piss them off lol.

#182 5 years ago
    Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

I put mine up and had 14 offers within 12 hours, including several that wanted me to kick original buyer to curb and pay significantly over my asking price. How is Fantasyland, Sinestro?

He's an anti JJP troll, don't waste your time. He's been drinking the Stern Kool-Aid for too long along with a few others on this site.

Go read his comments in Stern threads, they can do no wrong. Comical.

#192 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Its real simple folks, JJP games are too f*cking expensive and honestly they just arent that fun either. No way in hell they stay in business with the prices that they are charging. Give me a Stern game anyday, they are much more fun and they have the best designers and coders in the business!
    $11,500 dollars for a Yellow Dick Toad Edition WOZ? Give me a f*cking break, nobody in their right mind can defend JJP’s prices. I’m not trying to be a dick but thats just laughable.

You do realize Stern is charging $9k for LE's that have half as many features and have as much code right? I'm happy to keep selling my Stern pins for more JJP pins that are more fun to play, have more to do, are better built, and have far more code work going into them.

#199 5 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

OMG Panzer next thing out of your mouth is going to be fair and balanced I bet. I regularly see you bashing on Stern threads don't act like you are not biased toward JJP

I like Stern pins as well (still have one I bought NIB) and have complimented them many times in addition to being critical. Biased towards JJP? I have a Stern Pinball hat on right now lol. Next.

20190327_181251 (resized).jpg20190327_181251 (resized).jpg

#215 5 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

You do realize Jack charges $3000 more for a CE and all you get is a crapy comic and a jacket they don't even have different art packages

First off, all CE's, Platinums, Diamonds, and Super LE's are cash grabs regardless of the manfucater.

As for Dialed In CE for $3k more you got higher quality laser etched armour, a mirrored backglass with unique art, dinner with JJP staff, a couple custom code line just for the CE, and the jacket. Still a cash grab regardless. Guess what you get for $7k more for a Beatles Platinum and $12k more for a Beatles Diamond? A mirrored backglass and different color armour. LOL!

I can do this all day.

#226 5 years ago
    Quoted from spikelou2:

I am I the only one that notices that when these games come up for sale that they all have 300 or so plays on them ..especially dialed in ...??

Sounds like a majority of HUO games.

#241 5 years ago
    Quoted from jeffro01:

The JJP hate is here is so freaking ridiculous... If you don't like their pins, don't buy one... It's really not complicated, yet we have several threads where all people are doing is bashing the brand and whining about how expensive they are, and blah blah blah... My two favorite pins in my measly little collection are, by far, my two JJP pins and I can't wait to purchase whatever JJP comes up with for Wonka. Seems like most of the complaining is about cost... Well you either can afford it or you can't and whining about it isn't going to change anything. JJP makes a very quality machine and provides great customer service behind the sale. I'm not going to bash any other maker either, Stern makes a solid machine as well.
    Yeah I know I'm new around here and I expect to take some heat for this comment but seriously people...
    Jeff

Pinside as a whole could use some of that attitude.

#251 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I should have said a Prius because thats what Panzer drives.

Lol, it's been a great car. No issues and just regular maintenance after 160k miles, best car I've ever owned.

#257 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I know im just messing with you. Toyotas are awesome, i have one myself and have owned several of them.

Oh yeah I know. Just wish it could fit a pin!

#262 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

Exactly my point!! POTC CE was an astounding $12.5k and still hasn’t sold out. If it had, I bet YBR would have been 12.5k also. But I’m guessing instead they are testing a price point of $11.5k for CE instead using YBR.
    If I’m wrong, then we’re all screwed cuz who knows what JJP was thinking putting an LE tier game at $2k over existing LE’s!

POTC CE is sold out, distributors may have some but all orders are filled. I don't think all 200 were built.

#315 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cserold:

iceman44 how about a friendly $500 bet that JJP will not release another POTC version. We can make it a year timeline. Two years if you like. Set those outlook reminders and if we are still alive, one side pays up. What do you say? I’ll even give you 2 to 1 odds

DAMN! Lol that's awesome. Hell I would take that bet if I didn't just buy and get a Pirates LE delivered yesterday, pinball budget is gone!

#320 5 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

There is an old saying, 'You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink'
    Jack who started JJP, had no experience as a mass production company of games. Jack had a dream, he set up a company, hired American's to build that dream with him. WOZ was the biggest game changer for pinball's comeback than any game in history. Love JJP or hate them you can't deny that. JJP was great for Stern and the entire industry. JJP like every pinball company has made mistakes, but give credit where its due, he's still here and still producing great games.
    The crimes in this industry haven't been committed by Stern or JJP, but rather the here one day and gone the next companies who stole your money.
    More start up companies will attempt to make a pinball game, and probably will fail, but as the other old saying goes 'YOU NEVER KNOW'.
    JJP, like Stern is an American made product, hiring Americans to manufacture in a time and age where most manufacturing jobs have left for China.
    Any company Stern, JJP, American Pinball, anyone producing their games in the USA deserves credit, even if you think their latest game sucks to high heaven. If you don't like something DO NOT BUY IT!
    JJP does things his way, every game created from scratch, new concept each time, which means slow grinding process to market. Stern has their system refined, has the ability to design games much faster, but clearly no where near as innovative. Pros and cons to both styles, neither to be trashed if you like the end result.
    What I find SICK and DISGUSTING is how some people feel the need to tear down JJP at every single turn, and start ridiculous threads where they offer OPINIONS as FACTS! When they're wrong and they get called out, the other haters just jump in trashing you. I can tell you my feelings aren't hurt one bit... I'm not here for my health I'm pointing out JJP is a great American made product and deserves more respect than threads like this one.
    The only people on this thread who're bashing people are the ones who support the idea that JJP is somehow bad for the industry... that is how you come across. You come across like you would throw a party if they announced tomorrow they are going bankrupt. This is a very sad situation that some people almost like PAID protesters find new ways every week to tear down this company.
    You constantly state OPINIONS as they're facts, your wrong someone like myself points that out and I'm the jerk.
    People should be HAPPY we have more than ONE company making pinball and trying to make it work. Competition is great and without it then and only then will you understand how dark your passion can get when it comes to innovation, new products, and more.
    Just saying... last week I saw someone post personal attacks against Jack himself, making fun of him personally, why? Jack was a pinball guy a player and he turned that passion into a start up business. That is an American success story that should be appreciated.
    That is my view. I'm done with giving life to this thread. I will support JJP because they support this hobby and American workers who need their job to pay their bills, feed their families, who give their best every day for YOUR PASSION for PINBALL!
    Not every game JJP makes or every price point you will like or agree with, but JJP has to do what they need to do for their company to THRIVE and its NOT ANY of our business how they run their company. When you find the opportunity to buy something they offer do it, when you don't, no reason to trash them up and down and back around again.
    Just saying!

Some good points. Both JJP and Stern are making great pins, and have a lot of passion.

Personally I gravitate towards JJP pins because I feel like they have more substance then games from other manufacturers. Those other games are fun but I feel JJP is the company that is most pouring their heart and soul (and the extra money) into creating deep pinball experiences with unique toys, features, high quality animations, and then is coding the hell out of everything they add to the game. I may have to pay a bit more for a JJP but I feel that I end up getting more value for my money compared to a competitors product.

#332 5 years ago

If JJP wants to sell in larger quantities they need to lower the price of their games. Personally I want to see a $7k - $7.5k Wonka from JJP as the standard model. Game would be slightly scaled back but would still offer the same great code depth and build quality. JJP can still add a bunch of extras to create $9k and $10k LE's and CE's if they want.

#400 5 years ago

JJP is getting beat up over YBR in this thread more then the crap Stern pulled with Beatles Platinum and Diamond. Both of those games cost $2500 - $8500 more then YBR and come with 1/4 as many featues, half the build quality and 1/10 of the code (that's being generous). All 3 of those games are way over priced but if you want to talk about offering 0 value with a cash grab game look at Stern.

Also, I guess who cares about YBR, and Beatles Platinum / Diamond type games. Pinside and the average pinball owner is not the target audience for those games.

Yes, YBR is a cash crab but it's not JJP's next flagship game, doesn't represent their new pricing all of a sudden, and for the love of pinball it doesn't mean JJP is hurting for money. Time to move on.

#406 5 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Not really true at all. Not sure why you have to spin everything JJP's way. There was tons more hate for BM66 and The Beatles. Those threads are still popping up with people whining. There have been tons of positive comments about JJP except from the usual 1 or 2 haters.
    The only thing in this thread getting beat up is drfrightner. Who talks about a magical Saks Fifth Avenue of pinball that doesn't exist. I can only assume hes talking The Pinball Company but they price much better then that. MO is known for it's hot bed of "high end pinball stores". Dude sounds like hes screaming at his computer all high pitched and sweaty as hes typing frantically.

I didn't bring up the whole Batman SLE debacle which while a cash grab as well Stern actually added a lot of unique features to the game and set the limit to 80 (well, after raising it from 50). JJP could have done something similar with YBR, went over the top with it and created 50-100 ultimate WOZ's.

#420 5 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

Once again Panzer defends JJP by saying well well look what Stern did that was worse

You act like JJP is the first pinball company to pull the CE cash grab crap, they are not. Stern has done it as well and to a far greater extreme.

#438 5 years ago
    Quoted from anathematize:

at least Beatles had ADDED features and code compared to SeaWitch and a 'holy grail' theme that people have been craving for ages. and yes. it is an overpriced machine.
    plus... beatles seems to be built like a tank. whereas JJP is still struggling with inexcusable QA issues and pulls mechs because they can't make them reliable.
    so your 'build quality' argument is frankly ridiculous.

I was talking about Beatles Platinum and Diamond and the $15k and $20k asking price for them, not the gold edition...My goodness.

#439 5 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

But the game is heavy that counts for something doesn't

Jeez, JJP pins are heavier and the cabinets don't crack at the corners unlike countless Sterns that weigh 100lbs less. Why is that? Please tell me.

Have fun buying corner brackets and then noticing that they can't be screwed in well due to the lower quality of wood recent Stern cabinets have. Yeah, JJP destroys Stern in build quality. I also expect there to be more tweaking in a JJP as there's far more in them. Want nothing to go wrong? Buy a Star Wars pro or Iron Maiden Pro as there's not a single toy that interacts with the ball in either.

#474 5 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

Who would have thought JJP would ever have a worse reveal than DI

Do you just sit around day wondering "how can I crap on JJP next"? Lol

#490 5 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

LOL with JJP reveals you do not need to there is always a joke on every game. The trunk the phone the original playfield dragon the three year wait

What are you even talking about? Your posts about JJP rarely if ever make sense. Again, are you just sitting on a toilet somewhere wondering "what can I complain about JJP next"?

#530 5 years ago
    Quoted from anathematize:

-wrong theme at the worst time in its history as a franchise
    -terrible theme integration with almost zero assets that resulted in an executive being fired
    -removal of marquee mechs after taking deposits
    -significant delays in production
    pretty easy to see what happened.

Well, POTC did win best theme integration as well as toys and innovation at the TWIPYs

Theres much more to theme integration then video clips as POTC proves.

#546 5 years ago

I've never seen someone more obsessed then yourself with trying to constantly bash and put down JJP. Why is that? What did JJP do to piss you off so much?

There's multiple distributors out there with ads for the game but they are many are sold out as believe it or not ads don't update themselves...

#547 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

They made a "last call" for POTC because Wonka is ready and in order to launch two games this year they had to move on.
    Simple as that.
    They will re run Potc next year, Black Pearl edition.

That's not a for sure thing, they may or may not. Personally I'm thinking not. Did you take that one guys $500 bet that Pirates won't be made again?

#559 5 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

Funny I could say the same of you I see you all over the Stern threads. By the way if you read my post I seldom criticize JJP games I criticize the price I call BS on all the crap fans throw at other companies to build up JJP last I call BS on the wild sales claims I have heard for two years DI CE is sold out LOL. You Panzer on the other hand regularly trash Sterns games everything from how they play to how they are built so in the end you tear down Stern far more than I teardown JJP

Dude, I've purchased NIB Sterns over the years and still have Ghostbusters Premium which despite the code issues think is a great pin. My opinions about Stern quality, code design, etc are based on my experience from owning Stern games.

It hasn't all been criticism either as I've complemented Stern many times as well. I've also been critical of JJP plenty. You on the other hand have not owned a JJP pin and just seem to enjoy bashing them and never say a positive thing about the company.

#565 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

Thank you. I really enjoy your contributions and opinions when it comes to pinball, how to run a business and life in general. (for future reference, it is April 1st, 2019 and this might be an April's Fools remark).

Great points. I've seen the light as well and will be selling all of my JJP pins. Oh, just realized its time for me to go update my Ghostbusters, new code is out today.

#571 5 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I think you can count on that. It will be a new version (Black Perl?) with new art, but it will have a higher price. Anyone that thinks otherwise, is not paying attention.

Jack didn't sound confident at all that Pirates will be back. He just said X amount of parts were ordered for X amount games, never say never and said the same thing about Ruby Red. If Pirates for sure was coming back I think he would have said yes or gave some indicator that it would be back. Nothing like that was said though.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PanzerFreak.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-current-take-on-jjp-pinball-after-tpf?tu=PanzerFreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.