(Topic ID: 239358)

My current take on JJP pinball after TPF....

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 602 posts
  • 142 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Lamprey
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ED0AC495-264C-41DC-9B67-30D36705F8AD.gif
    06D0C3DB-AD68-488A-9F6F-062FAA3872A5 (resized).jpeg
    20190324_092443 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 1.37.g00 PM (resized).png
    wonka_glp_banner (resized).jpeg
    occ_meme (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    mirror (resized).jpg
    pitchforks.gif
    1E04BBC7-4BA6-4D64-B082-69552E3185AF.gif
    giphy.gif
    1_8xraf6eyaXh-myNXOXkqLA (resized).jpeg
    all-or-nothing (resized).jpg
    333271AB-636A-4710-86D0-4A0A240097D7.gif
    20190327_181251 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PBINTHESOUTH.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#104 5 years ago

Well having owned almost all of the JJP games I might as well chime in too..

Yeah the collectible thing was a bummer when RR came out.. but when it meant JJP might survive with it I didn't care about it..
    and apparently my WOZECLE is now worth more than I paid for it!

For me since then (with the exception of DI) the wildly overly complex rule set may be "deep" but I HATE IT... it makes TH and POTC no fun... who wants to walk up to a game and pick from 22? different characters and figure what to do with them next and strategize how they affect everyone else and the rest of the game..

Build quality on WOZ, TH, DI, and POTC are all amazing.. especially the ones on TH and WOZ.. they are superior to every game that's come out from Stern in the same time period (though AC/DC P and Pro MET are very nice).. and JJP should charge a $1000 more..
    but $11K at TPF was not only a joke but stupid/insulting to all of us home buyers.. I don't see how they survive at those price points?

Very much looking forward to Willy Wonka... hopefull a ruleset more like DI/WOZ and still lots of toys/high build quality.. BUT NOT FOR $11K plus...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PBINTHESOUTH.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-current-take-on-jjp-pinball-after-tpf?tu=PBINTHESOUTH and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.